RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

RIP Digihatesmakingnames

Started by Digi.k, 11/20/2012, 05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Digi.k

ah well my old youtube account has been disabled.. Started with a warning from Youtube saying Sega was claiming I was breaking copyright of Shining in The Holy Ark material and removed one of my SiTHA videos and then I had to watch this patronizing youtube cartoon about copyright followed by a Q&A anyway I passed it and didn't think much of it..

A Week later I find my whole account has been disabled..  I'll miss some of those privileges given from an 2006 era..

/ripyoutubeac.jpg

NecroPhile

Bah!  Fuck those anuses.

Without showing copyrighted stuff, there'd be nothing left but preteens being 'funny' and commercial advertisements.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

SuperDeadite

and cats vids, 40 million or so cat vids...
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

CrackTiger

Nice to see Sega involving itself in its classic games/series again. :roll:

I guess that they're so committed to being known for forgettable modern crap that they're covering up their past and burning the few remaining bridges left among their long time fans.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

VestCunt

What was your SiTHA video? Review or gameplay?
Topic Adjourned.

ParanoiaDragon

IMG

Tatsujin

Oh damn, that sux big dix.

Fuck that whole new internet & copyright shit.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Tatsujin

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 11/20/2012, 07:04 PMand cats vids, 40 million or so cat vids...
99,99832% coming from our so beloved country.
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

TR0N

I know sega is hurting for money currently but damn wtf is there problem,for you having video of shining the holy ark.Then again youtube was better when they were independent before google bought them out.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

esteban

FEKA IS BEHIND THIS!

Oh. It really is.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Joe Redifer

Quote from: guest on 11/20/2012, 07:48 PMWhat was your SiTHA video? Review or gameplay?
I'm curious as well. If it was just straight gameplay, how long was the video? Was it edited at all? I don't see how pulling the video would bring any dollars to Sega. Or prevent them from receiving any dollars if it stayed up.

Digi.k

Quote from: guest on 11/20/2012, 07:48 PMWhat was your SiTHA video? Review or gameplay?
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 11/21/2012, 02:51 AM
I'm curious as well. If it was just straight gameplay, how long was the video? Was it edited at all? I don't see how pulling the video would bring any dollars to Sega. Or prevent them from receiving any dollars if it stayed up.
It was just a 35 minute video of 70% of the music recorded directly from the Sega saturn game that I pieced together with some scans and pics taken from the game cover and manual..

Video had been uploaded for years and then all of a sudden a warning from Sega...

Joe Redifer

Well, since Youtube is going the way of only cat videos, I guess I should post this:

esteban

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 11/21/2012, 06:02 AMWell, since Youtube is going the way of only cat videos, I guess I should post this:
Why did I just watch a minute of that?

Quote from: Digi.k on 11/21/2012, 04:45 AM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 11/21/2012, 02:51 AM
It was just a 35 minute video of 70% of the music recorded directly from the Sega saturn game that I pieced together with some scans and pics taken from the game cover and manual..

Video had been uploaded for years and then all of a sudden a warning from Sega...
Usually these take-down requests are broad and issued en masse. It was "nothing personal" against digi.k...he was just caught in a wide net that FEKA threw out. FEKA clearly doesn't give a damn about the few folks who appreciate their legacy.

GOOGLE is constantly tweaking its ability to identify "problematic" videos and content providers are eager to monitor any possible infringement.

I wish Google and content providers made a finer distinction between videos, but I don't trust any algorithm to do it.

geise

Did they say HOW it infringed on copyright?  I guess every video game video on youtube needs to  be taken down then. 

Superdeadite you better be careful.  Sharp might get on your ass about your x68k videos.  Then you'll have those doujin developers wanting you to take your shit down. :lol:

Digi.k I'm sorry about your youtube account.  :(

SuperDeadite

sharp released all their 68k stuff as freeware officially.  :)

_Paul

I'd better watch my back now. Who know what happens if they find all my stuff.

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 11/21/2012, 10:22 AMsharp released all their 68k stuff as freeware officially.  :)
I'm pretty sure alot or most of the Amiga CD32 library is also freeware or something like that.
IMG

Joe Redifer

So everything that ran on the X68K can freely be copied?

rag-time4

Quote from: esteban on 11/21/2012, 06:48 AM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 11/21/2012, 06:02 AMWell, since Youtube is going the way of only cat videos, I guess I should post this:
Why did I just watch a minute of that?
Don't feel bad, that music is intoxicating!!

Digi: sorry bout your channel! Definitely gonna miss your Irem vids!!!

Ninja Spirit

Fuck....I know my Toneman account's been AWOL, forgot my password, and also avoiding several people, but damn.... this is almost like getting news of a relative dying, some of us had both started and watched the YouTube gaming community grow over the years
 :cry: :cry: :cry:
IMG

Greatest Digi works that stick out in my mind:
> Played through both Sega Saturn Lunar I and II

> Beat PCE Image Fight (as much as that game nearly drove me to the insane asylum)

> Made the only longplay of PCE Salamander that's not emulated

> The Sunsetriders arcade demo

ParanoiaDragon

*Off Topic*  Woah, Ninja Spirit's back!  Awesome! :)

*back on topic*   Like I said, this is wack, I sometimes depend on people that have uploaded walkthru's n such, since I'm not the most prolific of gamer's.
IMG

SuperDeadite

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 11/21/2012, 11:14 PMSo everything that ran on the X68K can freely be copied?
Everything by Sharp/SPS is officially freeware.  (This is why X68k emulators always come with the Bios file, and not seperate like every other bios based machine).  Of course 3rd party games belong to their creators, so stuff by Capcom and Konami are not freeware.  But this does bring up a weird gray area, as early ports of Konami games like Gradius and Salamander where licensed and sold directly by Sharp.  While much later (91-93) Konami self-published 7 X68K games.

Maxwar

Your whole account deleted after just one complaint for a few videos?   What a load of crap!

_Paul

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 11/22/2012, 10:07 AMFuck....I know my Toneman account's been AWOL, forgot my password, and also avoiding several people, but damn.... this is almost like getting news of a relative dying, some of us had both started and watched the YouTube gaming community grow over the years
IMG

> Beat PCE Image Fight (as much as that game nearly drove me to the insane asylum)

When I first read the thread title my worst fear was that Digi had indeed passed away!!  Thank goodness that isn't the case.  :)  Yes, I agree the Gaming community on yt is pretty awesome and this is a total shame to see.  :( 

Any chance you backed up your vids somewhere safe?  I just realized I'm up around 500 uploads on yt, and I bet over half of them I deleted after I uploaded..... :P  *shit*

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 11/22/2012, 06:07 PM*Off Topic*  Woah, Ninja Spirit's back!  Awesome! :)
If Jamaniaclord shows up I'll officially freak out!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

CrackTiger

I went to sign in to youtube to change the titles and tags of my Shining Force III videos and found that my account has been terminated.

I followed youtube's steps to file a claim or whatever they call it. They give you a form to fill out if your account has been terminated or disabled and you'd like to know why and/or have it reinstated. I used the form specifically for terminated/disabled accounts and afterward found an e-mail message from youtube saying that my message was rejected because my account is disabled.

Given how terrible youtube has been in all of this, I'm not sure I'll bother starting a new account for even non-Sega videos. I've been a Sega fan for 26 years, loved the Master System and began playing it when my best friend bought one at launch, then bought a Genesis, CDX, 32X, Saturn and Dreamcast at launch. I bought a Nomad and Netlink bitd, subscriptions for PSO GC & Xbox as well as PSU 360 and bought tons of games for all of their consoles at retail. Up till now, I accepted that the Sega I loved was long dead, but this experience has left mixed feelings about Sega in general... and that's is what really disgusts me.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: guest on 11/27/2012, 08:38 PMI went to sign in to youtube to change the titles and tags of my Shining Force III videos and found that my account has been terminated.

I followed youtube's steps to file a claim or whatever they call it. They give you a form to fill out if your account has been terminated or disabled and you'd like to know why and/or have it reinstated. I used the form specifically for terminated/disabled accounts and afterward found an e-mail message from youtube saying that my message was rejected because my account is disabled.

Given how terrible youtube has been in all of this, I'm not sure I'll bother starting a new account for even non-Sega videos. I've been a Sega fan for 26 years, loved the Master System and began playing it when my best friend bought one at launch, then bought a Genesis, CDX, 32X, Saturn and Dreamcast at launch. I bought a Nomad and Netlink bitd, subscriptions for PSO GC & Xbox as well as PSU 360 and bought tons of games for all of their consoles at retail. Up till now, I accepted that the Sega I loved was long dead, but this experience has left mixed feelings about Sega in general... and that's is what really disgusts me.
Boooo, that sux! :(
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 11/22/2012, 10:07 AMFuck....I know my Toneman account's been AWOL, forgot my password, and also avoiding several people, but damn.... this is almost like getting news of a relative dying, some of us had both started and watched the YouTube gaming community grow over the years
IMG

I did wonder what happen to you're channel.While ago i did unsubscribe to you,because i thought you gave up or you were super busy.
IMG

_Paul

I'm seriously considering unlisting all my videos just in case this happens with any other titles.

PukeSter

Quote from: guest on 11/28/2012, 12:47 PMI'm seriously considering unlisting all my videos just in case this happens with any other titles.
Probably not all your videos, just the Sega ones. You could maybe upload your old Sega videos to blip and link your database to those new videos? Just a though.

_Paul

From what I'm reading only tyhe Shining ones are being targetted. If it spreads I might try unlisting them first, as I can still embed them in my site - it just means you can't find them in a youtube search.

TR0N

Sooner or later i knew alphaomegasin would have a rant about it  :wink:
IMG

Joe Redifer

So did Happy Console Gamer:

_Paul

I've unlisted most of my Sega related videos now, so if anyone wants to see them, they have to go to my site.

_Paul

Another video has been made about it, with comments by TB:

TR0N

Quote from: guest on 12/10/2012, 02:37 PMAnother video has been made about it, with comments by TB:
After watching the whole video man it sounds like sega,doesn't treat it's shining fans to well.
IMG

Joe Redifer

PCEngineHell

esteban

Tatsujin

how about sending a letter to sega (or what is left of it) directly and ask regarding their actions?

Ji-L87

Quote from: Tatsujin on 12/11/2012, 10:15 PMhow about sending a letter to sega (or what is left of it) directly and ask regarding their actions?
I like the idea, but most likely nothing will really come out of it... : /
There's a thread for this over @ System11 shmups as well, so I'm going to quote some stuff:

Quote from: gregSome pickledick at Sega Japan, Fujii_Mutsuhiro@sega.co.jp, is going around on YouTube, arbitrarily flagging these videos for copyright violation. There is a Reddit article that covers this a bit. A thread on a Shining Force forum shows that many of these guys' YouTube accounts are being flagged for violation, and with three flags in a row. This has caused people's channels to be suspended.
Quote from: GaijinPunchNote the ".co.jp" in the email address. Good luck getting anything rational out of Corporate Japan. Makes even less sense than Corporate America if you can believe that. Do you see any Japanese companies truly embracing technology? Light years behind, and SoJ leads that pack I'm afraid.

Still, would like to see it be done :p
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

thesteve

all i can figure is sega would like to play against the new big 3 (sony, nintendo, M$)
and doesnt want any record of their past greatness.        <---stupid IMHO

_Paul

Quote from: Tatsujin on 12/11/2012, 10:15 PMhow about sending a letter to sega (or what is left of it) directly and ask regarding their actions?
People have. No response yet.

Ninja Spirit

Quote from: TR0N on 11/27/2012, 11:45 PM
IMG

I did wonder what happen to you're channel.While ago i did unsubscribe to you,because i thought you gave up or you were super busy.
Ultimately, I forgot my password and the email to get it back, but yeah, life did get in the way.

TR0N

Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 12/29/2012, 08:24 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 11/27/2012, 11:45 PM
IMG

Ultimately, I forgot my password and the email to get it back, but yeah, life did get in the way.
Ahh then well if you ever have the time again to make video's id subscribe.
IMG

TR0N

Update sega has put a end to this nonsense finally.
IMG

Tatsujin

Kinda late, after all they had distroyed for nothing. Wonder if YT can reactivate certain channels,
after it seems to be no longer a problem.

TR0N

Quote from: Tatsujin on 03/22/2013, 01:51 AMKinda late, after all they had distroyed for nothing. Wonder if YT can reactivate certain channels,
after it seems to be no longer a problem.
I heard it was a single person at sega that was flagging any shining force video,out of revenge or some thing.I guess they put a stop to it since they were getting bad press out of it.
IMG