10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Wanted: broken SNES (1 or 2), need just the AV out connector

Started by jasonbar, 03/14/2013, 04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jasonbar

I'm looking into getting an RGB mod on my Top-Loader NES & need a donor SNES multi-out audio/video connector, preferably from a broken SNES. I don't want to cannibalize a working console.

Anybody have a broken SNES?

Thanks,
-Jason [in 91754]

Bernie

Cant the same jack from a Gamecube be used as well?

Mishran

SNES, N64, Gamecube... they all use the same AV port.

jasonbar

The modder has used SNES with success, says that the N64's is too deep & interferes w/ top-loader NES guts, & he hasn't tried the GC's.

Thanks,
-Jason

Tatsujin

sacrificing a working snes wouldn't be much  of a big loss :P
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

SignOfZeta

I've never seen a SNES stop working...or an N64...I once had a GC where the SD video was blown out from a power surge (but even then D Video still worked).

Maybe you can use a PS2 AV port? Those things are laying dead all over the place. :)
IMG

CrackTiger

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 03/15/2013, 04:46 AMI've never seen a SNES stop working...or an N64...I once had a GC where the SD video was blown out from a power surge (but even then D Video still worked).

Maybe you can use a PS2 AV port? Those things are laying dead all over the place. :)
I haven't picked up SNES systems for like a decade now, but I've probably encounter 20 - 30 that did not work one way or another. Usually they just dont work at all. I've been trying to get rid of excess games and systems the past year or so and sold off a SNES or two and kept the nicest looking one for myself... Only to find that one of the controller ports is bad. So for now, my main SNES unit is terribly yellowed/browned and has large cracks across the top.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

lwizardl

Quote from: guest on 03/15/2013, 09:53 AMkept the nicest looking one for myself... Only to find that one of the controller ports is bad. So for now, my main SNES unit is terribly yellowed/browned and has large cracks across the top.
well then why not swap the cases to the working one :) then you have a nice working and pretty one

jasonbar

Got one. All set. You can all move along. Nothing to see here. :]

SignOfZeta

Quote from: guest on 03/15/2013, 09:53 AMI haven't picked up SNES systems for like a decade now, but I've probably encounter 20 - 30 that did not work one way or another.
So how many hundreds of SNES systems have you seen? Even if %10 of all SNES systems were broken (which I highly doubt) that means you've "encountered" 200-300 SNESs in your life. That's an assload of SNES. Did you used to own a SNES store or something?
IMG