RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Your Favorite Way To Enjoy the PCE.

Started by turboswimbz, 03/16/2013, 11:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turboswimbz

I was wondering how everyone prefers to enjoy their PCE, PC-Duo, Supergrafx, PCGT, or even that silly N.A. or PAL version.  Whatever, so far here's my favorite places and things to do while playing.

1. A can of peaches, Reading The PCE chat, and playing on the old PCE-Duo. 

2. Playing a great multiplayer game of Bomberman or Dungeon Explorer with my brother.

3. Playing the Express on the bench overlooking the bay. (quite peaceful) 
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

PunkCryborg

SamIAm

With a pair of ridiculous giant headphones on, so I can enjoy all those awesome PCE sounds.

turboswimbz

note to self: try PCE naked! also get giant headphones :)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

esteban

SO MANY WAYS to enjoy the PCE, let me count the ways...

(1) TINY SCREEN: TG-16 + TG-CD + Headphones + TurboExpress (as a monitor for AV-in) 

(2) OBLIGATIONS: TurboExpress + chaise lounge chair on deck + children run around in backyard

(3) LOUD FUN: TG-16 + TurboBooster + OLD-SKOOL STEREO BLASTING 50,000 WATTS

(4) LEAVE IT TO BEAVER: PCE + SCD + (hidden) SUBBASUBBAWOOFER + (hidden) satellite speakers + (hidden) color CRT in vintage 50's television shell

(9) SYRUPY: Fresh, black coffee + flan + pcenginefx forums

...I'll stop there...BUT WAIT!  :pcgs: I forgot one of my newest favorites...

(10) UNLIKELY PAIR: TurboExpress + OLD-SKOOL STEREO BLASTING 50,000 WATTS

IMG
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

PunkCryborg

Yeah I do love sitting in the back yard playing kyukyoku tiger on the gt while my kid runs around

_Paul

I play mine while wearing a bowler hat and sipping tea. Biscuits are optional.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 03/16/2013, 04:53 PMI play mine while wearing a bowler hat and sipping tea. Biscuits are optional.
Indubitably, old chap. Indubitably.

Nando

Tatsujin

playin' it, byuin' it, lookin' at it, holdin' it, praisin' it, nourishin' and cherishin' it, just be happy together with it :D
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

PunkCryborg

Quote from: Tatsujin on 03/17/2013, 12:04 AMplayin' it, byuin' it, lookin' at it, holdin' it, praisin' it, nourishin' and cherishin' it, just be happy together with it :D
whoaa hey i think you have this confused with the "your favorite way to enjoy sys cards" thread

NecroPhile

Quote from: guest on 03/16/2013, 04:53 PMI play mine while wearing a bowler hat and sipping tea. Biscuits are optional.
Quite.  On a similar note: I play mine while wearing bib overalls and a big straw hat, sitting in the back of a conestoga wagon; corn is optional.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

turboswimbz

These really were the responses I was hoping for!  =D&gt; Also I've got a veritable who's who of PCEFX posting here.  :dance:

soop

I like to play it horizontal, laid back with my feet up, and obviously a cup of tea.
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

Tolvatar

I like to play on the bed, when my wife it´s reading a book and i´m playing mahjong games or puzzle games.
I prefer to play shooters on the lounge
But i like to show the PC Engine to other people.
Past saturday i go to a retroencounter on a small city in Alicante (Spain) and put my duo for all the people to try it. Sad to say that almost noone knows the machine (someone ask me if was from Sega or Nintendo and i say OBEY, he look at me like if i was crazy, hehe)
I also take with me both MSX (my other passion)

/SAM_1820.jpg

tpivette

In my bedroom on my 32" Wega now that my gameroom has been renovated into my soon-to-be-born daughter's room (my wife calls it "nesting"... I have 4 more months, damnit! Whyyyy??).
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

turboswimbz

Quote from: Tolvatar on 03/18/2013, 01:25 PMI like to play on the bed, when my wife it´s reading a book and i´m playing mahjong games or puzzle games.
I prefer to play shooters on the lounge
But i like to show the PC Engine to other people.
Past saturday i go to a retroencounter on a small city in Alicante (Spain) and put my duo for all the people to try it. Sad to say that almost noone knows the machine (someone ask me if was from Sega or Nintendo and i say OBEY, he look at me like if i was crazy, hehe)
I also take with me both MSX (my other passion)
Awesome! glad to see you spreading the OBEY!  looks like a good time.

Keith Courage

36" sony trinitron and a couch. Beer or Mountain Dew in hand.

esteban

Quote from: Tolvatar on 03/18/2013, 01:25 PM...Past saturday i go to a retroencounter on a small city in Alicante (Spain) and put my duo for all the people to try it. Sad to say that almost noone knows the machine...
/SAM_1845.jpg
I love that you are spreading the PCE gospel in Spain. Proselytize, comrade, proselytize! :pcgs:

Tatsujin

Strange, I've thougt the spains were about as crazy about the pce as the frenchies were/still are :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Tolvatar

Quote from: Tatsujin on 03/20/2013, 06:44 AMStrange, I've thougt the spains were about as crazy about the pce as the frenchies were/still are :)
Oh no. Spain is the poor brother in Europe. Here in Spain were sold less than 1000 Turbografxs and the cd add-on was never sold here.
France always was more advanced in culture than Spain. We say here, what happen in France it´s gonna happen here in 5 years.
Sad to say but it´s true.

PD: Sorry for my english, hope everybody can understand what i´m trying to say.

esteban

Tolvatar, your English is fine.

We all agree: Spain is the ghetto of Europe (I am joking!) :pcgs: Lo siento mucho.

Ninja Spirit

/6705dad62a7e11e29a0922000a1f8c1a_7.jpg

geise

Haha!  Awesome Ninja!  You should face it out the window and play it on your neighbors house, apt or whatever :)

esteban

Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 03/22/2013, 01:29 PM/6705dad62a7e11e29a0922000a1f8c1a_7.jpg
YOUR MISSION:

(1) Carefully cover 19" CRT television screen with white paper (wrapping paper--the non-printed side--will do just fine).

(2) Project Salamander on white screen. Play. Obey.

(3) Invite friends over for unique PCE experience.

(4) AWESOMENESS ENSUES.

Nec.Game.head

These are a few ways I enjoy the PCE .. In no particular order ..

1. With a glass of Jack Daniels and coke close enough for the reaching ..

2. With a grape flavored Swisher stuffed with some medicinal Cannabis at a close reach ..

3. Playing some BomberMan 94 with my girl friend ..

4. Taking it to my parents house while my nieces and nephews are visiting and letting them have at it ...

Number 4 is by far my absolute very favorite way to enjoy the PCE !!!
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

Retro Nick

1. With my 3 year old sitting next to me, making the most precious comments while I play: "oh! It's a dinosaur!", "Daddy, it's a robot!", "Look at the spaceship!". I can't wait until he is old enough to play with me. 

2. After the kids are in bed, and the living room is dark, with a beer sitting on the end table next to me (a dark brew, of course!)

TheClash603

I play my PCE on a little box that plugs into a giant box, cause that's the only way to do it.

Typically I sit on my rolling chair on my not quite level wood floor.  This adds to the challenge.

VenomMacbeth

My favorite is playing my PCE IFU on my 32" LCD TV (scoff if you want, it actually looks & works really well!) from my bed, accompanied with either a beer or bowl in hand.  Nothing quite like Fantasy Zone under the influence. :lol:

Taking the setup with me to visit my parents & watching my little brother alternate between Fantasy Zone and Thunder Blade is good fun as well!
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Twinbee

Quote from: tpivette on 03/18/2013, 07:52 PMIn my bedroom on my 32" Wega now that my gameroom has been renovated into my soon-to-be-born daughter's room (my wife calls it "nesting"... I have 4 more months, damnit! Whyyyy??).
I know how you feel mate! I'm in the process of shifting EVERYTHING out of my game room and trying to fit it all in a tiny cupboard of a room ready for my soon-to-be-born second daughter's room! If we have any more after this one I'm gonna have to build a shed in the garden instead.

esteban

Q: Favorite way to enjoy PCE?

A: Huddled in the corner of my dusty/moldy basement, enjoying some fine games (i.e. Ninja Spirit) on TurboExpress, facemask + respirator on (to counter the mold spores).

Yamazaki

Sitting naked in front of my Framemeister + 32" LCD-TV while playing the Shinsetsu Shiawase Series one-handed.

soop

Quote from: Twinbee on 04/01/2013, 01:40 AM
Quote from: tpivette on 03/18/2013, 07:52 PMIn my bedroom on my 32" Wega now that my gameroom has been renovated into my soon-to-be-born daughter's room (my wife calls it "nesting"... I have 4 more months, damnit! Whyyyy??).
I know how you feel mate! I'm in the process of shifting EVERYTHING out of my game room and trying to fit it all in a tiny cupboard of a room ready for my soon-to-be-born second daughter's room! If we have any more after this one I'm gonna have to build a shed in the garden instead.
Moving your children into a shed sounds harsh, but what are you gonna do?  You needs your obey.

As far as playing in the company of others, Donna used to call out advice sometimes:
"There's one behind you!"  "That's the option hun, he's on my side" (Soldier Blade)
or "YOU GOT KILLED BY A GIRL!!!" because someone in MW2 had heart graphics on their tag...
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!