RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Bonk 3 [SCD] For Sale (New) ...::: SOLD :::...

Started by i2rbo, 03/23/2013, 03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCEngineHell

Quote from: i2rbo on 03/24/2013, 10:13 PM
QuoteMaybe it never went wrong for you as you always got your cash. Its the buyer risking getting screwed.
It never went wrong for my buyers either. Stop being negative and insinuating things.
So since it never went wrong, please post links to all your references. Shouldn't be a problem for you since you are such a upstanding seller and all.

i2rbo

QuoteI just wanted to see the pics.
Are you serious or do you just want to see photos? If the deal doesn't happen with my potential buyer (I'll know by tomorrow afternoon) then I'll up some photos to this thread. But tell me, do you accept sending a wire transfer via MoneyGram or Western Union? I don't do Paypal.

Thank you!

Sparky

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 03/24/2013, 10:08 PM
Quote from: i2rbo on 03/24/2013, 10:04 PMIf you're serious you should know that I only accept MoneyGram or Western Union. I'm waiting on one potential buyer. If the deal doesn't happen I'll post photos of the game (front and back) next to a label with your username. Are you still interested?

Thanks to those who have been positive!
I just wanted to see the pics.  
Ya that's not a lot to ask?, Christ you could be a good guy, but your doing everything wrong.
Oh and on a side note don't worry about Roy and wmac... There have bad history here so there opinions are moot. :)

EDIt: for spelling

Sadler

Quote from: guest on 03/24/2013, 10:18 PM
Quote from: i2rbo on 03/24/2013, 10:04 PMIf you're serious you should know that I only accept MoneyGram or Western Union. I'm waiting on one potential buyer. If the deal doesn't happen I'll post photos of the game (front and back) next to a label with your username. Are you still interested?

Ya that's not a lot to ask?, Christ you could be a good guy, but your doing everything wrong.
Seriously. I don't think your prices are ridiculous, but you are sending up a whole gaggle of red flags. Why are you so hesitant to post pics? Why weren't these in your OP?

wmacmonagle

i2rbo: Hey dude.  Sparky s right there s history going on through out the world.  again Serious buyer here.  i had been sitting here and waiting for your half way.  

Have you heard of this.

"Customer's always right"

I am positive you can simple take out of your collection and write down my username and throwing 1,000 photos here.  

What i know fact is... nobody here will transfer money without protection or have credential of trading history.

Accept the fact nobody here will transfer you money so what can yo do now? QUIT ? or begging?

or join PAYPAL AND BE BUSINESSMAN with a fellow collectors like us! =)

cya bud

wmac

Quote from: guest on 03/24/2013, 10:18 PM

Oh and on a side note don't worry about Roy and wmac... There have bad history here so there opinions are mute. :)
Arcade Line Up: UDOT, Multi-Vector Duel, Tempest Multi, Mini-Galaga, Z-Hyperspin, X360 Blast City, Spiderman Pin, 96 in 1 PacMan

i2rbo

Quote from: SadlerSeriously. I don't think your prices are ridiculous, but you are sending up a whole gaggle of red flags. Why are you so hesitant to post pics? Why weren't these in your OP?
Hi Sadler,

I'll post photos (front and back) tomorrow. Maybe that'll quell some of the bad vibes going around, maybe not. Are you interested in the game?

Thanks

Sadler

Quote from: i2rbo on 03/24/2013, 10:55 PM
Quote from: SadlerSeriously. I don't think your prices are ridiculous, but you are sending up a whole gaggle of red flags. Why are you so hesitant to post pics? Why weren't these in your OP?
Hi Sadler,

I'll post photos (front and back) tomorrow. Maybe that'll quell some of the bad vibes going around, maybe not.
Couldn't hurt. I'm still confused why these weren't there to begin with.

QuoteAre you interested in the game?

Thanks
No sir.

Bernie

NightWolve

As was said, bunch of red flags here. But is his Bonk III CD sealed or not ?? He clearly stated new, factory sealed in the OP and that PM was talking about other games not being sealed, etc. Complaining that your package didn't arrive after only a week was a little quick on the trigger, if you ask me... But hey, congrats, scored a free copy at seller's expense. In my case, I monitored the tracking # before any action was taken and it was reported as having been delivered to somewhere. To someone, just not me...

Anyway, the not accepting Paypal thing is worrisome and photos of the item should've been there from the get-go. So he wants to avoid eBay's cut and Paypal's cut on a sale/auction, etc. Buyer takes full risk with WU or whatever, which I assume is very cheap on a money transfer and what not compared to what Paypal takes. If I understand this all correctly. Well, because of the game in question and the issues so far, I just wouldn't do it unless I was a desperate collector that HAD to own every NEC game ever made...

Quote from: i2rbo on 03/24/2013, 10:05 PM
Quote from: SignOfZeta on 03/24/2013, 09:57 PMI hope you are real. I hope you get your profit margin of infinity. In reality, whoever gets a $250 Bonk 3 is getting hosed anyway since its a pretty mediocre thing, but hopefully they at least get it.
...that's your opinion and I'm sure you're in the minority. The Bonk series is a fantastic one, thought I admit greatly underrated, with Bonk 3 being the best of the bunch.
Please, the first Bonk is the best of bunch. You'll have debate when it comes to "Bonk's Revenge" as the graphics are clearly superior, but "Bonk III: Bonk's Big, Boring Adventure," at least the HuCard version, is pretty boring, or yeah, mediocre. Only difference with the CD version is the addition of redbook audio tracks AFAIK, and I dunno if they're any better than what was on the HuCard, but I, for one, having bought the HuCard could care less... Oh and yes, just my opinion, in case there was confusion as to who it belonged to...

SignOfZeta

The CD version of Bonk 3 is widely regarded as the worst of the series as it exists on NEC systems.
IMG

i2rbo

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 03/25/2013, 12:02 AMThe CD version of Bonk 3 is widely regarded as the worst of the series as it exists on NEC systems.
Different strokes for different folks.

PCEngineHell

Its fairly accepted here to be the worst in the series on the NEC consoles. Most members here agree its meh to "ok", regardless of CD or Hu-Card being the copy of the game being played. Adventure and Revenge were the best ones by far.

i2rbo

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 03/25/2013, 12:42 AMIts fairly accepted here to be the worst in the series on the NEC consoles. Most members here agree its meh to "ok", regardless of CD or Hu-Card being the copy of the game being played. Adventure and Revenge were the best ones by far.

PCEngineHell

Quote from: i2rbo on 03/25/2013, 12:53 AM
Quote from: PCEngineHell on 03/25/2013, 12:42 AMIts fairly accepted here to be the worst in the series on the NEC consoles. Most members here agree its meh to "ok", regardless of CD or Hu-Card being the copy of the game being played. Adventure and Revenge were the best ones by far.
So anyway, like what was mentioned earlier, where are your seller references? Since you dont accept paypal, and you say you have completed numerous transactions via money transfer, you should have no problem linking to past forum transactions and feedback related to them to prove you are on the up and up.

i2rbo

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 03/25/2013, 01:00 AM
So anyway, like what was mentioned earlier, where are your seller references? Since you dont accept paypal, and you say you have completed numerous transactions via money transfer, you should have no problem linking to past forum transactions and feedback related to them to prove you are on the up and up.
Go to bed.

BigusSchmuck

Not to sound like a jackass or anything, but if you are going to sell this, post some pics up. Not doing paypal is really going to hurt in the long run of things especially when 99% of the sales on these forums are in fact through paypal.

RoyVegas

Quote from: guest on 03/24/2013, 10:18 PMThere have bad history here so there opinions are mute. :)
My concerns with this seller are valid, your personal opinion of me is what's moot.
All is well. :)

i2rbo

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 03/25/2013, 01:17 AMNot to sound like a jackass or anything, but if you are going to sell this, post some pics up. Not doing paypal is really going to hurt in the long run of things especially when 99% of the sales on these forums are in fact through paypal.
Photos will be posted later today at the top of this thread.

PCEngineHell

Quote from: i2rbo on 03/25/2013, 01:16 AM
Go to bed.
So in other words, you cant provide any references to prove you are legit. Thanks for confirming as much. Buyer beware.

i2rbo

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 03/25/2013, 01:41 AM
Go to bed.
So in other words, you cant provide any references to prove you are legit. Thanks for confirming as much. Buyer beware.
I haven't confirmed a thing. You've been on my bad side since you said, "Personally if I was a mod I'd ban you simply for signing up to sell".

Fortunately some people on here have been nothing but cool and welcoming.

i2rbo

Photos will be posted later today at the top of this thread.

PCEngineHell

Quote from: i2rbo on 03/25/2013, 01:58 AM
Quote from: PCEngineHell on 03/25/2013, 01:41 AM
Go to bed.
I haven't confirmed a thing. You've been on my bad side since you said, "Personally if I was a mod I'd ban you simply for signing up to sell".

Fortunately some people on here have been nothing but cool and welcoming.
Stop side tracking, there was legit reasons why I said that, and you know it. Now, where are your references? Put up or shut up.

i2rbo

Quote from: PCEngineHellPut up or shut up.
Photos will be "put up" later today at the top of this thread.

PCEngineHell

Quote from: i2rbo on 03/25/2013, 02:56 AM
Photos will be "put up" later today at the top of this thread. With this I end any and all future communication with you.
Photos are not the issue, references are. That is what has been requested by myself. You can post photos and rip people off all the time. You should be proving you are who you say you are, a legit seller. Do so by posting references. What are you so afraid of? If you really are legit, and a proven seller, you'd have no issue doing this, instantly for that matter as soon as it was requested. You seem more interested in avoiding the topic of references all together. That in itself is very shady and untrustworthy. Pics are worth a dime a dozen. All they tell anyone around here is that you have the game, and even then, pics can be faked and altered. The best tool in a scammers arsenal is pics. The best asset to a legit seller is his rep. Without that he is nothing. If you have no rep, you shouldn't be expecting people to wire you money, and anyone here that does it is a complete idiot with money to burn hoping against hope. And if they do, and you burn them, I def don't want to hear about it here after all the warning signs were as clear as day.

i2rbo

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 03/25/2013, 04:12 AM
Quote from: i2rbo on 03/25/2013, 02:56 AM
Photos will be "put up" later today at the top of this thread. With this I end any and all future communication with you.
Photos are not the issue, references are. That is what has been requested by myself. You can post photos and rip people off all the time. You should be proving you are who you say you are, a legit seller. Do so by posting references. What are you so afraid of? If you really are legit, and a proven seller, you'd have no issue doing this, instantly for that matter as soon as it was requested. You seem more interested in avoiding the topic of references all together. That in itself is very shady and untrustworthy. Pics are worth a dime a dozen. All they tell anyone around here is that you have the game, and even then, pics can be faked and altered. The best tool in a scammers arsenal is pics. The best asset to a legit seller is his rep. Without that he is nothing. If you have no rep, you shouldn't be expecting people to wire you money, and anyone here that does it is a complete idiot with money to burn hoping against hope. And if they do, and you burn them, I def don't want to hear about it here after all the warning signs were as clear as day.
Fortunately there are potential buyers who are willing to give me the benefit of the doubt. I hope your dream of becoming a mod comes true one day, you definitely have the temper for it. In the meantime I'm here to have fun and maybe sell a few games. Take care, man.

bob

I had a guy stringing me along on a bonk 3 CD that he said he would sell me for $100. I told him $100 wouldn't be a problem as long as it was in decent condition. Luckily, this was all in person, so I THOUGHT I would get to check it out before purchase. Well, it turned into, "yeah, I haven't found it yet, it's in a box from a recent move". Anyway, 6 trips to the guys store over 8 weeks never materialized anything so I gave up.
Eventually, I got my hands on the super RAREZ third version, for what I though was a decent price. After about 15 minutes, I said to myself, thank god I didn't pay $100 for the CD of this. I was very disappointed in the game.

PCEngineHell

Quote from: No Rep i2rbo on 03/25/2013, 04:42 AM
Quote from: PCEngineHell on 03/25/2013, 04:12 AM
Quote from: No Rep i2rbo on 03/25/2013, 02:56 AM
Fortunately there are potential buyers suckers who are willing to give me the benefit of the doubt totally undeserved trust with possibly $300 bucks. I hope your dream of becoming a mod comes true one day, you definitely have the temper for it. In the meantime I'm here to have fun and maybe sell a few games sell shit and leave. Take care, man.
Now now, saying "if" I was doesn't mean I'd want to be. For what its worth, this conversation has already come up before, and for the lack of mod activity here, I don't want the job. It entails too much house cleaning that no one evidently is willing to do, even the current mods, which is how people like you keep signing up to do these strange and totally fabulous sales everyone here enjoys. At any rate, thanks for clearly putting things into perspective. Its clear you lied about pulling this type of transaction off successfully multiple times (at least in the buyers favor), since you have no references to provide proving you are indeed a legit seller. Backed into a corner, nagged about it multiple times, you did nothing but try to ignore the request for proof of the such. At the end of the day, when what it amounts to for you is people just are going to have to give you "benefit of the doubt" after all the warning signs are there, all that can really be said is caveat emptor, and that if someone does get fucked, don't say you were not warned buyer.

Bernie

Aha!!

Well, I have been going back and forth with the OP about possibly buying this game from him via email.  We have discussed some, but not all, terms of a sale.  With that said, EVERYONE here that has dealt with me, knows I am good for my word and certainly trustworthy as a buyer, trader, and seller.   Moving forward with this idea, I will basically make this sale, if that is indeed what happens, public to the forums.  Trust that before any funds are sent on my part, that other terms will be discussed since there is not a reference to go by here on a new member. 

For the OP.  Do not take any of Professor's comments to heart, nor anyone that appears to be on the offense.  Basically, most of what has been asked is what is desired by most of us.  We basically just have our word to back us up, and face it..  we don't know you enough to do that without any sort of reference.  :)  We have a pretty tight knit community here, and if you stick around long enough, I am sure you will see that.   :mrgreen:

bob

Quote from: Bernie on 03/25/2013, 01:41 PMAha!!

Well, I have been going back and forth with the OP about possibly buying this game from him via email.  We have discussed some, but not all, terms of a sale.  With that said, EVERYONE here that has dealt with me, knows I am good for my word and certainly trustworthy as a buyer, trader, and seller.   Moving forward with this idea, I will basically make this sale, if that is indeed what happens, public to the forums.  Trust that before any funds are sent on my part, that other terms will be discussed since there is not a reference to go by here on a new member. 

For the OP.  Do not take any of Professor's comments to heart, nor anyone that appears to be on the offense.  Basically, most of what has been asked is what is desired by most of us.  We basically just have our word to back us up, and face it..  we don't know you enough to do that without any sort of reference.  :)  We have a pretty tight knit community here, and if you stick around long enough, I am sure you will see that.   :mrgreen: 
Good luck to you. And please, when (if) you receive it, post a picture of you OPENING IT!

MotherGunner

Quote from: galam on 03/25/2013, 02:20 PMGood luck to you. And please, when (if) you receive it, post a picture of you OPENING IT!
Most definitely. It will need to be open in order to run off professional pressed duplicates!   :wink:
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

bob

Quote from: MotherGunner on 03/25/2013, 03:35 PM
Quote from: galam on 03/25/2013, 02:20 PMGood luck to you. And please, when (if) you receive it, post a picture of you OPENING IT!
Most definitely. It will need to be open in order to run off professional pressed duplicates!   :wink:
Well, that and so bernie cant run off to some other forum and try to sell it for $600 with his third post.

MotherGunner

Nah, Bernie is way too upstanding for that!
-MG

CrackTiger

In situations like this, where a seller does not accept any form of payment or deal through a site that provides insurances against fraud... and the seller lacks appropriate references... it is customary for them to send the item first and receive payment after the buyer receives the item. -in cases where the buyer does have a solid reputation (such as Bernie).
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

bob

Quote from: MotherGunner on 03/25/2013, 04:14 PMNah, Bernie is way too upstanding for that!
I know, that you know, that Bernie knows, I was kidding.

NightWolve

Quote from: i2rbo on 03/23/2013, 03:39 PM
/bonk3cdfront.th.jpg   /bonk3cdback.th.jpg

Here they are. Please view them in their actual size.
Hm, I guess he's got the goods, sealed and all. Looks legit. I still question something, but I'll leave it unsaid.

geise

Going to the bank and getting a Cashier's check or Certified check is another way for protection.  There should be no reason the seller wouldn't accept those as payment.  For the amount of money for the sale, the seller should understand this.  He should have no problem with the buyer wanting some  kind of protection for piece of mind. It would make sense wanting to help out the buyer and make it a nice easy transaction.

Funny note:  As I completed my response the bottom add banner was a western union add.  :lol:

MotherGunner

I will have peace of mind when Bernie's transaction is safely complete.
-MG

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Bernie

Status is I'm not getting the game.  I wanted him to meet me halfway and pay half up front and the other half when I got the game in.  He didn't wanna do that because it would cause him to have to make two trips.  So I turned it down.  Just can't take the chance and I don't feel my request was too far fetched considering I have nothing to go by as far as rep.  So, the only way ill get it is if he ships first and then I pay, or he allows me to pay with PayPal.  So, it's back up for grabs if someone wants it.

PCEngineHell

Quote from: Bernie on 03/27/2013, 12:03 AMStatus is I'm not getting the game.  I wanted him to meet me halfway and pay half up front and the other half when I got the game in.  He didn't wanna do that because it would cause him to have to make two trips.  So I turned it down.  Just can't take the chance and I don't feel my request was too far fetched considering I have nothing to go by as far as rep.  So, the only way ill get it is if he ships first and then I pay, or he allows me to pay with PayPal.  So, it's back up for grabs if someone wants it.
I figured as much. He expects everyone to just trust him when he is a nobody with zero rep, but he is not willing to ship first to any respected and well known dealers here. Just more warning signs with the guy.

VestCunt

This thread disgusts me. I2rbo's belated pictures are a small comfort, but he's still unprofessional and highly suspect. Worse are the line of prospective "johns" PM'ing this guy trying to make a deal. Fuck you guys. You literally couldn't find a worse seller:

"What? A new guy on the internet with no references and no pictures (until today) wants to sell an outrageously rare, sort-of-stolen item with an infinite profit margin at ebay prices, without ebay fees, AND he demands an unusual form of payment without any buyer protection?!? Sign me up! Can I get dibs if I throw my grandma under the bus?"
Topic Adjourned.

RoyVegas

Where is the seller from?  Maybe someone can meet him face to face?  Sounds like the only safe option.
All is well. :)

PCEngineHell

Quote from: RoyVegas on 03/27/2013, 12:20 AMWhere is the seller from?  Maybe someone can meet him face to face?  Sounds like the only safe option.
He will only be able to do that if you can forward him $1000 via a money transfer to a Western Union in Nigeria in advance. You see, he was once the Prince of Turbania, living amongst a throng of virgins in a palace made of stolen legally seized Turbo goods. But one day rebels overtook the country and he had to flee with his small collection of new but slightly opened Turbo games to Nigeria, where he is now trapped and needs your help in securing enough money to leave. If you help him he can probably ensure at least 3 rare Turbo games, maybe 4, but they will probably be slightly opened, but still new.

PCEngineHell

Double postin just to take a extra dump on this shitty thread:

Quote from: guest on 03/27/2013, 12:20 AMThis thread disgusts me. I2rbo's belated pictures are a small comfort, but he's still unprofessional and highly suspect. Worse are the line of prospective "johns" PM'ing this guy trying to make a deal. Fuck you guys. You literally couldn't find a worse seller:

"What? A new guy on the internet with no references and no pictures (until today) wants to sell an outrageously rare, sort-of-stolen item with an infinite profit margin at ebay prices, without ebay fees, AND he demands an unusual form of payment without any buyer protection?!? Sign me up! Can I get dibs if I throw my grandma under the bus?"
How many people have actually even contacted him I wonder? I did not imagine it to be that many, just a few at most.

Bernie

Not sure.  Kinda a let down for me tho.  Oh well, ill just stick with the HuCARD version.  I doubt it will sell with the limits put on payment.  Too bad, I was gonn make a video of my stepson ripping that biatch open!  :)

esteban

STATUS: Quick update...I just wanted to inform everyone that the transaction with I2rbo went smoothly. I am now the proud owner of Bonk 3 CD.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Bernie

i2rbo

Quote from: esteban on 03/27/2013, 02:02 AMSTATUS: Quick update...I just wanted to inform everyone that the transaction with I2rbo went smoothly. I am now the proud owner of Bonk 3 CD.
That's not true. I've never even heard of you.

turboswimbz

Quote from: i2rbo on 03/27/2013, 06:47 AM
Quote from: esteban on 03/27/2013, 02:02 AMSTATUS: Quick update...I just wanted to inform everyone that the transaction with I2rbo went smoothly. I am now the proud owner of Bonk 3 CD.
Dude No Worries, Esty is the PCEFX class clown.  no thread here can ever get too serious  :)  

Esteban stop messin with newbies will ya? LOL.

Also how much flan did it cost?
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

PCEngineHell

Quote from: turboswimbz on 03/27/2013, 08:25 AM
Quote from: i2rbo on 03/27/2013, 06:47 AM
Dude No Worries, Esty is the PCEFX class clown.  no thread here can ever get too serious  :) 

Esteban stop messin with newbies will ya? LOL.

Also how much flan did it cost?
Or dont stop. Its rather funny.