Disney Shuts down Lucasarts,Cancels Stars Wars 1313 and Star Wars:First Assault

Started by TR0N, 04/04/2013, 01:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TR0N

That's it there no more,though if i were doublefine they should consider trying to buy the rights to the scumm games.
http://www.kotaku.com/disney-shuts-down-lucasarts-468473749
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Tatsujin

Not that it is a big loss nowadays, but disney should be shut down too. Would be even a lesser loss.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

WingZeroKai

Starwars 1313 looked kind of cool, but I just wanted a Battlefront 3. Oh well.

MotherGunner

-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Tatsujin

<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

SignOfZeta

IMG

TR0N

Quote from: WingZeroKai on 04/04/2013, 01:25 AMStarwars 1313 looked kind of cool, but I just wanted a Battlefront 3. Oh well.
1313 look interesting to me but i guess disney wants a more kid friendly star wars game  :roll:
IMG

Tatsujin

Disney from its foundation to 25 years ago [x------------------------------------l---------------------------------] Disney in the past 25 years and towards our future.

TheClash603

They haven't put out a meaningful game in a decade, can't fault Disney here.

If this move was done 15 years ago, this would be much worse.

retroguy

Quote from: TR0N on 04/04/2013, 04:44 AMi guess disney wants a more kid friendly star wars game  :roll:
You're implying that Star Wars games shouldn't be kid friendly? Pray tell, what's your reasoning for that?

On topic, it's a well known fact that LucasArts had been in pretty dire financial straits for the last few years. If they weren't turning a profit and were consistently operating at a loss, what reason would Disney have for keeping them open?
I am bad and that's good. I will never be good and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be than me.

bob

soop

Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: Tatsujin on 04/04/2013, 05:32 AMDisney from its foundation to 25 years ago [x------------------------------------l---------------------------------] Disney in the past 25 years and towards our future.
I think the new Ducktales remake will be sweet, so, atleast there's that in Disney's favor, & they "own" Marvel, & I've enjoyed all the Avenger related movies thus far, & am most excited about Antman, not to mention Cap America 2, Guardians of the Galaxy, Thor 2, Ironman 3, Avengers 2, Doctor Strange(seems like there's 1 or 2 more officially announced movies).  Those aren't specifically Disney though.

As far as LucasArts, the Force Unleashed games seem decent, I might pick them up eventually, maybe they'll do a multi pack or something down the road.  The Star Wars games in general seem like they're kinda up & down.  Some are pretty cool.  I wouldn't mind if Disney would compile all the Kyle Katarn games.  I have Dark Forces for PS1, Jedi Outcast for GC, & Dark Forces 2 for PC, & have played a little of Jedi Academy.  It'd be nice to have them all spruced up a bit & be able to play they in order.

I can't think of anyother Lucas games I care about in the last 10-15 years though aside from maybe Jedi Power Battles(I think that was the name), the DC version was decent. :/
IMG

bob

Force unleashed was ok, but real buggy. Like, controls were complete opposite then what they were supposed to be during a pivotal part of the game. What the screen is telling you to do is completely backwards.
I had high hopes for 2 from the trailer, but it was REAL short and somewhat lazy.
Jedi Academy is one of my all time favorite SW games. And Dark Forces.

TR0N

Quote from: retroguy on 04/04/2013, 11:25 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 04/04/2013, 04:44 AMi guess disney wants a more kid friendly star wars game  :roll:
You're implying that Star Wars games shouldn't be kid friendly? Pray tell, what's your reasoning for that?

On topic, it's a well known fact that LucasArts had been in pretty dire financial straits for the last few years. If they weren't turning a profit and were consistently operating at a loss, what reason would Disney have for keeping them open?
This is disney were talking about but i assume it's the numbers for them.I know lucasarts hasn't been doing well finanically,to them they probably thought cut there lose and be done with it.Still they didn't even give star wars 1313 a chance at all.
IMG

TR0N

IMG

mac

The last great Star Wars games imo was Republic Commando and Rogue Squadron II. The lego games was ok. For whatever reason just never liked SW games that featured force powers or Jedi's lol