10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Daily RANT (What pissed you off today?)

Started by RoyVegas, 04/23/2013, 02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoyVegas

Inspired by a morning news blurb that happens daily here in town.  What's pissing you off today?

RANT!
Had a rough morning, got in the car and on my way. Was running a little late so I was speeding (just a little).  I'm in the fast lane and I'm about to pass a car in the slower lane.  As I'm passing the rear of the car, I can barely see the blinker blink once.  She doesn't look over her shoulder at all and starts to come into my lane.  I stomp on the gas, as I was already passing her, and if I hit the brakes she probably would have hit me. She pulls her head out of her ass and jerks her car back into her lane.  I give her the finger and a few choice words. Very shortly after I am turning off and she passes by me cussing at me and flipping me the bird...

WTF?  Look CUNT you let your fucking blinker blink once, you came into the lane that I was already in without looking almost causing an accident.  It was your fault and you're a fucking idiot, don't act like the shit was my fault. FUCK YOU!  /END RANT.

RANT 2!
Not this Monday but the previous Monday I was in the shower before work.  My phone rings, which is odd for the morning so I knew something wasn't right.  I didn't finish my shower and started drying off to see who called. As I'm drying off, it rings again...  Aww fuck, this can't be good. My wife starts off the phone call with, "first off, he's ok, but our son (he's 16) has been in a motorcycle accident".  I find out where and I'm out the door like lightning. The missed call was actually from my son, after the accident.

I get to the scene, get my son in my truck, and make sure he's ok.  I get his side of the story.

So basically my sons story is:  My son rides into the school parking lot, and its going down the lane. The other vehicle pops out from behind two parked cars, driving across the parking lot, not in a lane but crossing the lanes.  My son sees him pop out and jams on the brakes, the car sees my son and jams on the brakes also.  The car stops dead center of the driving lane across it and my son has nowhere to go but to hit the car. He hits the car, flys off the bike and lands on his leg.

The other kid tells the police some bullshit story (about how it wasn't his fault) that totally contradicts the evidence and the school police write the kid a ticket for wreckless driving. The school police check the parking lot video cameras and the whole thing is on video (thank god).  They tell me my kids story was 100% correct and there was nothing my son could have done any better. So now my son has a fucked up knee, is in pain and missing school.

The icing on the cake is that after my kid hit the car, is laying on the ground, telling people who ran up to help, to call 911.  The other little fucker jumped out of his car and is telling people "fuck that, don't call anyone, I don't need this shit." He then moves his car from the accident scene a short distance away and the witness's called 911 anyway.

My son, who saved his own money to buy his motorcycle almost new (it had 600 miles on it) and paid a full year of insurance with his own money.  A responsible kid gets fucked by some little prick who borrowed mommy's car for the day.  Hey you little irresponsible lying prick, from both myself and my son, my lawyer has already started the paperwork for the lawsuit.  FUCK YOU /END RANT 2
All is well. :)

nectarsis

Day 3 of my back being torn up NASTY.   Can barely get out of a chair, much less stairs, REALLY sucks.  :\
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

BigusSchmuck

Trying to put in a maintenance kit on a obscure Lexmark printer and the only one that we have that will work with AS400 crap. To make matters worse, this particular printer is where our accountants in Accounts Payable print out their checks. Luckily, I had a extra on hand, but Jesus Christ this shit is too old for us to be using...

RoyVegas

Update on my previous rant..

So the other kid's insurance company calls me to give me a status update.  She says shes working to get the police report and they haven't called her back yet.  I tell her that the report/video wont be available for 10 days (according to policy). So I ask her what the other party to the accident is saying happened.  She tells me that the kid said "he was traveling correctly down his lane and he doesn't know what really happened but that it was MY sons fault". Even his own insurance lady said "it sounds like he's lying and his story doesn't make any sense ". I just wish I could be in the room when his parents get a copy of the report/video showing their son is totally full of shit.  

Edit:  It also is his mom's car and the insurance is in his mom's name.  He isn't even on the policy, so when it dust settles, mom and dad will be kickin this kids ass. They're liable for it since they allowed him to drive the car.

RoyVegas

Amusing update on the previous rant.

I got the police report and as expected.  Not only did the report say it was the other kids fault but it also said they had it on video from 2 different angles.  The other insurance company took responsibility for the accident. My son got his money for his wrecked bike and bought another one. Shown below:

/rjsbike.jpg

nectarsis

MAN...I feel a bit old with him riding a motorcycle LOL
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

PunkCryborg

I had a sport bike when I was 16, got into a lot of trouble :) But yeah had a lot of fun too

VestCunt

Glad your kid's all right, but a 16-year old riding a brand-new sport bike is insane. Beginners should start with an Eighties or early-Nineties bike: they'll learn how to fix 'em, they won't break their necks, and the first couple wrecks are no big loss.
Topic Adjourned.

PunkCryborg

yeah id say every other kid I knew with a sports bike back then get into at least one wreck. luckily nobody got injured which I think is amazing. those days are over for me now I have a family.

VestCunt

I think 1 in 6 of my friends haven'twrecked their first bike, and we started in our mid-to-late twenties. Two guys wrecked two bikes. The guy without a wreck still crashed his first bike twice and make significant repairs.
Topic Adjourned.

RoyVegas

Quote from: nectarsis on 05/09/2013, 06:33 PMMAN...I feel a bit old with him riding a motorcycle LOL
Seems like just the other day you were in my living room playing Moto Roader with Windy, my kids and I huh?  Time flys and they grow up so fast!

Quote from: guest on 05/09/2013, 07:10 PMGlad your kid's all right, but a 16-year old riding a brand-new sport bike is insane. Beginners should start with an Eighties or early-Nineties bike: they'll learn how to fix 'em, they won't break their necks, and the first couple wrecks are no big loss.
Honestly, I agree with you 100%.  My son's a little bit of a different case in my eyes.  I bought him his first motorcycle for his 3rd birthday.  No that's not a typo, I bought him a Yamaha PW50 for his 3rd birthday. He learned to ride a motorcycle before he could even ride a bicycle.  From that bike he moved up to a CRF80, from that to a CRF230 and ultimately he ended up on a CRF450R (if you look in the garage to the side of the car you can see it).  From there he got his license and I let him buy his Kawasaki Ninja 250 (which is the bike he got in the accident on) and now on to the ZX-6R.

So on one hand I can see how putting an inexperienced person on a crotch rocket is a bad idea, on the other I've ridden motorcycles with my son for his entire life and I know what he is capable of as far as riding skill. All in all, no experience will help you at all when some fucking dildo who isn't paying attention runs you off the road while changing lanes and not looking or pulls out in front of you without seeing you're right in front of them.

They're dangerous no matter what you do.

PunkCryborg

Yeah living in the city I never got a chance to ride dirtbikes before I got my bikes which I wish I had that opportunity. If my parents never moved from the desert in California to FL I probably would have grown up on dirt bikes. I read a book called A Twist of the Wrist though which is a racing guidebook but it was also very beneficial for learning practical skills to get out of situations and how to control your bike instead of it controlling you.

VestCunt

Quote from: RoyVegas on 05/10/2013, 10:04 AMI bought him his first motorcycle for his 3rd birthday. 
OK, that certainly changes the situation. Tell him to have fun and keep the rubber side down!
Topic Adjourned.

PCEngineHell

PunkCryborg

Let my brother in law borrow my sanders a couple weeks ago. I had a nice Bosch palm sander with a bag and a belt sander. Also had a bunch of different grit papers still, many new in the box still. He brings it back and I don't look through the whole box which was dumb of me. Well I make this awesome big lego table for my kid and I took it outside to sand and paint and in the box is this piece of shit ryobi palm sander that's missing the bracket to hold down the paper.
This was like the only freaking day it hasn't been 90% humidity and raining now I can't finish this. I also had a hand block sander which was also in the bag with my Bosch which is also missing. Oh and he used all my freaking papers.

roflmao

:( Sorry to hear that, Punkic. wtf!  I bought my Dad a belt sander for Christmas last year and it's a beast compared to those little palm sanders.  The lego table sounds awesome though!

RoyVegas

Could he have possibly put the wrong sander in the box? I wouldn't get too upset until you at least ask him why he gave you the wrong sander back.

PunkCryborg

Yeah Im sure it just got mixed up but he's kind of a dumb ass and i bet he wont do a damn thing to fix this.

BigusSchmuck

The fact my boss basically said it was ok for the new guys to be late as long as they make it up after work. Right...

turboswimbz

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 06/18/2013, 10:24 PMThe fact my boss basically said it was ok for the new guys to be late as long as they make it up after work. Right...
Want I should Send the manager training I have here that explains why this isn't okay?
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

turboswimbz

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 06/18/2013, 06:34 PMYeah I'm sure it just got mixed up, but he's kind of a dumb ass and i bet he wont do a damn thing to fix this.  So I am going to have to go through the hassle of fixing this, why he sits naked eating chips watching NASCAR.
How I read this... :-"
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

NecroPhile

No sewer rider on your home insurance?  If you do, make a claim and let them fight it out; if you don't, get it for next time.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

roflmao

turboswimbz

Quote from: guest on 06/20/2013, 05:21 PMCan't believe nobody said "that's shitty"... because... you know. The poo. On the floor. hah...

IMG
What?! that crap there on the floor?

Also I feel like this can be crossed post here: https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=13897.0

RoyVegas

Quote from: guest on 06/20/2013, 05:21 PMCan't believe nobody said "that's shitty"... because... you know. The poo. On the floor. hah...
I had already typed a post saying something similar and decided not to post it for fear of being insensative about your hardship.   :-k

NecroPhile

My sister and bro-in-law had a similar fiasco a couple years back that I helped 'em clean up, and many a 'crappy' joke was made that day.

turboswimbz

Quote from: guest on 06/20/2013, 06:10 PMTurboswimbz - Ah, I'd almost forgotten about that one.  My gf said it was coming from the drain but not sure; a sump had lost power that time.  This time I know it came from the drain as there were a couple of lincoln-log turds by the drain. haha

Roy & NecroPhile - in times like this, poop jokes are required to keep the insanity at bay. (:
Lincon log? did they have the notches too?  on a side note Lincon logs are a poor kids shitty legos.

ON A SIDE SIDE NOTE:  I was at the waste water treatment plant today.  It was a shitty experience (literally not figuratively).

Mishran

Quote from: turboswimbz on 06/20/2013, 06:25 PMLincon logs are a poor kids shitty legos.
Fuck you man, Lincoln Logs are the shit! I had them when I was a kid. [-(

:lol:

Seriously though, I used to play with them all the time as a kiddo. Now they include little frontier figures with the Lincoln log sets. I feel cheated.

turboswimbz

Quote from: Mishran on 06/27/2013, 11:56 PM
Quote from: turboswimbz on 06/20/2013, 06:25 PMLincon logs are a poor kids shitty legos.
Lincoln Logs are the shit!
IN this case they literally were. :lol:  I had lincon logs as well as legos. Lincon logs make way better forts.

Mishran

Quote from: turboswimbz on 06/28/2013, 11:54 AM
Quote from: Mishran on 06/27/2013, 11:56 PM
Lincoln Logs are the shit!
IN this case they literally were. :lol:  I had lincon logs as well as legos. Lincon logs make way better forts.
Hell with you, ya fucking leecher! Go back to eba...

Oops, sorry I forgot I wasn't talking to wmac for a sec there. Carry on. #-o

BigusSchmuck

IT guys who think they know everything and feel they don't need certifications to continue their ongoing training. Sad but true.

bartre

the College World Series.
seriously, once a year this town doubles in size and somehow triples in assholes.

Mishran

How about when you get a payment from a person for an item and your shorted money because they didn't gift it to you or pay the damn fee. Come on, isn't it so common on these board that you figure everyone KNOWS by now the procedure? Or is it people who think you'll let it slide since its only a few cents to a few bucks. ](*,)

PunkCryborg

If you don't specify gift than you can't expect people to do that.

Mishran

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 06/29/2013, 05:25 AMIf you don't specify gift than you can't expect people to do that.
Yeah, stupid me for expecting the unexpectable. It only seems to be the way of things on here after all. :roll:

Opethian

I usually refund the entire amount back with a note that reads " let's try this again"
IMG

RoyVegas

Your patience with this guy is amazing....

soop

What an asshole.

This is what pissed me off: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/police-seize-possessions-of-rough-sleepers-in-crackdown-on-homelessness-8631665.html

How low can you get?  The police stealing food and blankets from some of the most vulnerable people in society.  Hope they get their asses suspended for this.
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

seieienbu

Quote from: soop on 07/01/2013, 11:25 AMHow low can you get?  The police stealing food and blankets from some of the most vulnerable people in society.  Hope they get their asses suspended for this.
...that's one of the worst things I've ever heard of.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

BigusSchmuck

Being on call on the 4th of the July when Harold and Kumar have it off and the next day. At least the old man will be on call with me...

RoyVegas

Decided to take the family out on a spur of the moment camping trip.  I tell the kids to get packed and I head outside to hook the travel trailer up to the new truck.  I open the door to back the truck up to the travel trailer and see my brand new trucks been gone through.  Everything that could be open was.  Theres paperwork on the passenger seat that was in the glove box as well as a some trailer pins and phone charger that were in the door.  Theres a knife (not mine) on my drivers seat. My gps was hidden in a compartment under the middle seat is gone and also missing were my prescription Oakley sunglasses. Cops came out as well as CSI and took prints from the knife and the truck (thanks for leaving the evidence as they will eventually catch you and charge you :wink:).  At least they didn't damage the new truck getting in, I must have accidentally left it unlocked.

So my rant for today is:  FUCK YOU LOW LIFE LOSER THIEVES!!!!

/20130809_194546.jpg
/20130809_194537.jpg
/20130809_194533.jpg

NecroPhile

Damn, I was wondering where I'd left my knife.

roflmao

Sometimes people suck.  Sorry to hear about your break-in, Roy.  I've been staying in a campground for about 3 weeks now and some kid(s) found my rc heli in a shoebox just outside of my RV and decided to stomp on it a bunch and toss it in the trash. Batteries were still in the charger. They didn't want to play with it, just destroy it. Fuck.

RoyVegas

Quote from: guest on 08/12/2013, 01:10 PMDamn, I was wondering where I'd left my knife.
You can keep the GPS, just gimme my glasses back.  You can also pick up your knife on my doorstep tonight at 2am sharp.  Don't mind that little red dot on your chest.  :-"

VenomMacbeth

Cleaned the women's restroom today, and someone shat literally ALL down the side of a toilet. 

How the fuck does that happen??  Did you like, straddle the edge of the seat & shit there??  Because if so, you probably wanna go to the doctor & make sure you didn't get any venereal diseases off that nasty thing.

It's funny because, in my experience, the women's restroom is almost always more disgusting than the men's.  I guess maybe because they try to hover? Who the hell knows.

Girls, you should be fucking ashamed of yourselves.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

turboswimbz

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 08/26/2013, 12:40 AMin my experience, the women's restroom is almost always more disgusting than the men's. . . .  maybe because they try to hover?
I have found this to be true.

geise

Nah, women are just secretively more gross than men.  I have yet to see a woman's bathroom (even at their home) to be cleaner than a man's bathroom.

bob

My wife works at a gym where they had to cancel TWO, not one, TWO memberships because the women were smearing shit on the stall walls. 
No joke.

turboswimbz

Quote from: galam on 08/26/2013, 03:10 PMMy wife works at a gym where they had to cancel TWO, not one, TWO memberships because the women were smearing shit on the stall walls. 
No joke.
Gross -like older woman?  and why smear it on the walls?  ummm nevermind, I guess I'm always amazed at this stuff.

bob