For those of you who have not conquered Sinistron...

Started by OldRover, 05/06/2013, 12:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldRover

...I present to you my 1cc video of doing such.
Not a one-lifer, which would have been more impressive, but hell, this is a tough-as-nails shooter so it's alright. :)
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

RoyVegas

All is well. :)

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Bardoly

Good job!

Now I want to see your 1cc of Image Fight (including the Penalty Zone).   :-"

bob

I love me some shewties, but I'm lucky if I can 1cc that video.
I'm just bad at them. I can't even see a boss in LoT.

Tatsujin

Quote from: galam on 05/06/2013, 08:12 PMI'm just bad at them. I can't even see a boss in LoT.
:-s that would take the term "being bad at something" to a whole new level.
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

kiketonto

18 minutes only?  :shock: :shock:
I have only arrive at the 2nd level!  #-o

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

bob

Quote from: Tatsujin on 05/07/2013, 12:59 AM
Quote from: galam on 05/06/2013, 08:12 PMI'm just bad at them. I can't even see a boss in LoT.
Yeah, and im not afraid to admit it.  :D

Arkhan Asylum

It's odd, I always thought Sinistron was easy and just kinda doof my way through it.  But then you put me in a horizontal game like Gradius and I'm fucking slamming into everything. exploding, and swearing at it.

There are some pretty annoying  parts in it for sure though where the dodging is a pain in the ass.

I used to play it on the bus down to college classes on my turbob express! 
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

roflmao

Awesome, Rover!  This is one of the few US shooters I haven't picked up yet. You make it look easy. :)

SuperPlay

Great clear :-)

I may need to give this game a go, as I am totally getting hammered on the later levels playing Zerowing (Even after a few weeks play)

Bardoly

Quote from: SuperPlay on 05/07/2013, 01:20 PMGreat clear :-)

I may need to give this game a go, as I am totally getting hammered on the later levels playing Zerowing (Even after a few weeks play)
Yeah, Zero Wing is pretty rough.   ](*,)  Maybe this game will be a breather for you.

Tatsujin

Quote from: galam on 05/07/2013, 09:55 AM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 05/07/2013, 12:59 AM
Yeah, and im not afraid to admit it.  :D

Yeah, I myself isn't the best player as well, especially not anymore today.
sucks to get older and slower..lol.

OldRover

I constantly get annoyed as fuck with Gradius for the simple fact that it plays too damn slowly. Sinistron also plays slowly but it rarely feels like you're just a freakin' peashooter... you can get powerful easily and it's very satisfying. Gradius never really reaches that point... not for me anyway.
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

esteban

Quote from: The Old Rover on 05/06/2013, 12:06 AM...I present to you my 1cc video of doing such.
Not a one-lifer, which would have been more impressive, but hell, this is a tough-as-nails shooter so it's alright. :)
HOW DID I MISS THIS?! I remember you compared the PCE vs TG-16 versions back in the day—do I remember correctly that the PCE version is more difficult? Or is that just a rumor?

Anyway, I haven't watched the video yet, but I love hearing what you've been up to!

Make a video for Turrican! That is one of the few games where I have made no headway.

:pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Arkhan Asylum

Gradius is pretty boring.

I like Parodius though, since it's all goony.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

esteban

Gradius, boring?

On speed... Sinistron requires SPEEDUP just like Gradius (or R-Type) to get rid of the sluggishness.

On weapons... Sinistron remains a pea-shooter the entire game, relative to Gradius where you can power-up to the point of God. Sure, you can power up in Sinistron (you even have the R-Type charge shot), but it is relatively lackluster compared to the firepower in Gradius.

Now, don't get me wrong, I advocate for Sinistron, it's another solid game from IGS...but your Gradius hatin' is just...

You guys are hilarious! :pcgs:

Arkhan Asylum

Gradius is beyond boring IMO.

some parts of it (the volcano) are just a waste of space.

OldRover

Quote from: esteban on 05/16/2013, 07:18 AMHOW DID I MISS THIS?! I remember you compared the PCE vs TG-16 versions back in the day—do I remember correctly that the PCE version is more difficult? Or is that just a rumor?
I've mentioned it before.

Quote from: esteban on 05/16/2013, 07:18 AMMake a video for Turrican! That is one of the few games where I have made no headway.
I already did! :)

esteban

Quote from: The Old Rover on 05/19/2013, 05:14 PM
Quote from: esteban on 05/16/2013, 07:18 AMHOW DID I MISS THIS?! I remember you compared the PCE vs TG-16 versions back in the day—do I remember correctly that the PCE version is more difficult? Or is that just a rumor?
I've mentioned it before.

Quote from: esteban on 05/16/2013, 07:18 AMMake a video for Turrican! That is one of the few games where I have made no headway.
I already did! :)
I never finished reading that "Favorite Shooter" thread! Thanks for linking to it. I definitely didn't read that, I was thinking about years ago when you did a thorough analysis of Violent Solder :pcgs:

As for Turrican: I am pretty sure I didn't want to spoil anything, so I chose not to watch the video. NOW, however, I don't know if Turrican is worth it (I have so many other games and so little time).

I am quite tempted now to watch the video. I never watch a video of a game I intend to play...but I've avoided Turrican for years. :pcgs:

Arkhan Asylum

You're not spoiling anything by not seeing Turrican

there's nothing to see in that game except a dumbass with arms that don't move, running around shooting Sears appliances.

NecroPhile

Quote from: esteban on 05/20/2013, 12:11 AMNOW, however, I don't know if Turrican is worth it....
I assure you it isn't.  Watch Rover's video instead - it's much more entertaining than actually playing the game.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Arkhan Asylum

esteban

Quote from: guest on 05/20/2013, 11:13 AMIMG

Misleading poster.

Fucker can't aim up.
If only Turrican II had been ported to TG-16!  :pcgs:

OldRover

Quote from: esteban on 05/20/2013, 05:01 PMIf only Turrican II had been ported to TG-16!
Contra or Midnight Resistance would be better port opportunities, imo. :)

OldMan

Wasn't Tom porting Contra? I thought he had most of it done....

Mishran

Quote from: TheOldMan on 05/21/2013, 02:42 AMWasn't Tom porting Contra? I thought he had most of it done....
Better be the arcade version... :P

esteban

Quote from: OldRover on 05/20/2013, 11:07 PM
Quote from: esteban on 05/20/2013, 05:01 PMIf only Turrican II had been ported to TG-16!
Contra or Midnight Resistance would be better port opportunities, imo. :)
I would cry if anyone bothered with Turrican II. I'd rather have a Rush-N-Attack port than Turrican II.

Mishran

Just watched the vid. All the times I played the game I had no idea the yellow part of the ship was invulnerable to most enemy fire. #-o Gonna have to give it another go now. :mrgreen:

allyourblood

Great job, Rover. You make it look so easy! Like usual, seeing someone kick butt in a game makes me want to play it, so I'll pop this one in tomorrow, just to get shamed on the second stage, like always. The ending screenshots and "Congratulations" are such a letdown after watching you complete such a tough game, but that ending track sounds so cool, it makes up for it. Very slightly reminds me of the "game over" music from Phantasy Star II.
If anyone gets any leads on a "fair priced" copy of Coryoon, please lemme know!

Where is fancy bred?