OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Games that are in the mail

Started by pixeljunkie, 03/18/2006, 02:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pixeljunkie

and on their way to me:

Tatsujin, Air Zonk [US], Download, and Tale Spin [US]

Don't ask my why I got Tale Spin....I used to have it back when it came out....and while its not great, I just wanted to have it again. Not to mention I snagged it together with Air Zonk w/manual [and Bonks Revenge, but I already have that] for $50! Got Download for $10 complete [plus shipping of $8]

Gonna' be a good couple weeks.

esteban

Quote from: "pixeljunkie"and on their way to me:

Tatsujin, Air Zonk [US], Download, and Tale Spin [US]

Don't ask my why I got Tale Spin....I used to have it back when it came out....and while its not great, I just wanted to have it again. Not to mention I snagged it together with Air Zonk w/manual [and Bonks Revenge, but I already have that] for $50! Got Download for $10 complete [plus shipping of $8]

Gonna' be a good couple weeks.
Good deal on Download! I like Download, and the gratuitous vulgarities used in the "between stages" screens are pretty amusing (even the game over screen says something like, "You can't f*cking give up!"

I picked up TaleSpin a few months ago as well -- I never played it and I was curious to see how it was. Still haven't played it much. It's much better than Darkwing Duck, though. I can tell you that much.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Keranu

Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

pixeljunkie

Quote from: "Keranu"Hawk-F123.

PLEASE post your impressions...I am very curious about this one

Keranu

I have been very curious as well, though I need to contact the seller for it (whom I know who has posted here at least once), because I think he might've forgot about the auction.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

esteban

Quote from: "pixeljunkie"
Quote from: "Keranu"Hawk-F123.

PLEASE post your impressions...I am very curious about this one
Ahhh, I bought this a long time ago and it certainly isn't as bad as folks make it out to be. But it certainly isn't anything to get too excited about either.

I liked that it was a challenging (if short) shooter. It's very old-skool (all the sprites / backgrounds / action seem very FLAT ), but it's neat that DODGING is a crucial skill in this game. You can't simply blast everything (at least, I haven't found a way).

I should warn you that I am a masochist and continued to play this game even though it quickly became frustrating and seemed to have lots of "cheap" areas.... but I've often found that skill / memorization can solve many accusations of a game being "cheap", so I don't know if the game is actually cheap or if I simply lack the SKILLZ. I haven't played the game in years.

I do remember this: I liked the JAZZY-ROCK soundtrack. Many folks will dismiss it, but I think it was somewhat refreshing. Some tracks are very commercial-poppy-Jazzy-rock, while other veer closer to generic tunes ("Top Gun" - inspired?).

There is a funny, extremely basic / generic opening cinema -- it doesn't really get you "pumped-up", but the names of the pilots are on their helmets and, IIRC, "BOM KILLER" (or something like that) is one of the pilots' names. Awesome.

Since this game is (or at least it was), very, very cheap ($5-10), I'd say it was definitelly worth getting for fans of the shooter genre. It is playable, it offers a challenge, and offers some novelty value to the masochists out there.

There is a HuCard game that is very similar to this... Power Gate, a game I bought a long time ago and was devastated by its lameness. Now, however, I don't mind how lame it is (it's in the league of F 123 Hawk, perhaps a notch below, I can't remember)
, but back in the day I paid a lot for it (early 90's).

I don't recall beating either game, but I know that I must have gotten awfully close because I put a lot of hours into both of these games.

DISCLAIMER: Most folks will denounce both Power Gate and Hawk F 123 as complete and utter trash. My philosophy is to try to enjoy games if they are "playable".

Keranu

Thanks for the words, Steve, I'm really interested in hearing the JAZZY ROCk soundtrack for it.

And yes, I've played Power Gate on emulation before and later saw screenshots for Hawk-F123 and noticed how incredibly similar they look! Since I couldn't remember the name for Power Gate, I was doing some mad research trying to find it so I could compare it again!
IMG

TurboXray

In the mail...

Emerald Dragon
Babel
Monster Maker
Mateki Densetsu Astralius
Far east of Eden Kabuki Den
Far east of Eden 2
Side Arms Special
Legend of Xanadu
Tenno Koe backup
L-Dis
Shubibinman 3
Kabuki Itto Ryodan
Psychic storm
Ranma 1/2 Hanayome
Ranma 1/2
Final Zone 2 (j)
Macross (shooter)
Spriggan Mark 2
Magic Knight Rayearth(saturn US) - not PCE though :P

oh yeah, arcade card pro ... 8)

Keranu

Wow, big spender this month, eh? 8)

Give me your Arcade Card Pro, please.
IMG

TurboXray

QuoteGive me your Arcade Card Pro, please.

Why Pro, don't you have a Duo?

Quotebig spender this month, eh?  

Just making up for last year.

Fatal Fury Special
Ultra Box 4 & 6
Magicoal
World Heroes 2

Keranu

I have a Turbo Duo and a PC Engine + CDROM2, so unfortunately I can't buy the more affordable Arcade Card Duo :( .
IMG

TurboXray

in the mail :D

DRAGON SLAYER (J)
RECORD OF LODOSS
RECORD OF LODOSS WAR 2
CONAN BOY IN THE FUTURE
MAMONO HUNTER YOKO
COSMIC FANTASY 4 GEKITOHEN
COSMIC FANTASY 4 TOTSUNYUHEN
COSMIC FANTASY 3
Arunamu no Kiba
Star Breaker
Startling Oddyssey II ( just received)
another SGX system

merriman_bk

in the mail as well  8)

Cotton (US)
Den Den No Den
Godzilla (US)
Gradius II
Time Cruise (US)
Valis III (US)
other various pce games
various dreamcast games
gamera and godzilla dreamcast vmus!

and what I'm most excited about:

an unboxed but complete/NM PC Engine Duo RX (snagged it for $150 shipped :D )

That one's going to go straight off to D-lite for region modding heh.
IMG
----------------------------------------------
Sold to: 2X4, carbon tiger, chop5, grahf, gundarN, hizaygizirlz, Joe Redifer, Keranu, MrFulci, nat, runinruder, shubibiman, steve666, T2KFreeker
ebay id: merriman_bk --> 100% positive

grendelrt

Where else do you guys shop at? A duo RX for 150 shipped where did you snag that???

In the mail for me

Devil's Crush (US)  <-- I lost 7 auctions on this one, finally snagged it for a reasonable price. $15 + Shipping

Shape Shifter (Jap) New Sealed for 7 bucks! Never played if before, so I am excited.

Legendary Axe II (US) <-- My guilty pleasure

All Complete, except the cardboard box.

merriman_bk

Quote from: "grendelrt"A duo RX for 150 shipped where did you snag that???
Ebay believe it or not, a guy put it up with a $130 BIN and $20 shipping -- I must've been one of the first to see it:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=001&item=110015103700&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

Wasn't ever planning on buying one (I'm happy with my modded PCE Duo) but at that price I couldn't resist heh.
IMG
Sold to: 2X4, carbon tiger, chop5, grahf, gundarN, hizaygizirlz, Joe Redifer, Keranu, MrFulci, nat, runinruder, shubibiman, steve666, T2KFreeker

grendelrt

OMG dude, what a deal. I daily look for RXs, better be glad you saw it before me  :wink:  :lol:

merriman_bk

IMG

radiantgun

I've watched the film now I can play THE game, Die Hard arrived this morning !   :D

grendelrt

Quote from: "radiantgun"I've watched the film now I can play THE game, Die Hard arrived this morning !   :D

:lol:  :lol: That line gave me flashbacks to 80s advertising.

TurboXray

QuoteWhere else do you guys shop at?

I usually buy from Hit-Japan(ebay) or Japangamestock.com(if I have a discount code because there shipping is pricey). There are two other sellers on Ebay I usually buy from, though I can't remember their names off hand.

akamichi

coming in the mail...
19 issues of Gekkan PCE magazine:  Jan '89 (first issue!) - Jul '90. :)

Digi.k

Just received Soldier Blade in the mail. Got it from ebay and posted from Nenderlands for £20.00 (which is just a lil' over $39 usd) including the shipping to UK.

Now I need to figure out how to get the audio visual sync problem when recording with Virtual Dub on things over 10 mins long..

PCEngineHell

In the mail headed to me:
Genesis titles:
Mortal Kombat
Exosquad
Phantasy Star 3
Strider
Shinobi 3
Genesis 3 system
12 official Sega 6 button game pads.

JP Mega Drive titles:
Darwin 4081
Ecco the Dolphin
Elemental Master
Evander Holyfield Boxing
Strider
Magical Taruruto-kun
Super Hang-on
Monoco GP
Puyo Puyo
Vermillion
Rainbow Islands
Alien Storm
Newzealand Story
Altered Beast
Bare Knuckle
Megalomania
Curse
Shining Force 2
Fatal Fury 2
Sonic 2

nat

Here's what I've got on the way. My buddy in Japan (works for Hudson) occasionally makes runs to the city for games and stuff and is nice enough to pick me up stuff from my WANTED list when he does. Every couple months. Here's what's coming this month:

Avenue 6 Pad
Anearth Fantasy Stories (I added this after a recent thread here)
Y's IV
Art of Fighting (ACD)
Panic Bomber
Salamander
Darius Plus (that's the SuperGrafx HuCard)
Granzort (SuperGrafx, CIB)
Ghouls 'n Ghosts (SuperGrafx, CIB)
Battle Ace (SuperGrafx, CIB)

All games are complete in case with manual &  near mint except the SuperGrafx games which are complete with even the original box. After shipping that batch ran me $175. It should show up by mid next week, I'm excited. I've always been a big fan of the CD version of Darius on my Turbo so I'm looking forward to playing the SuperGrafx-enhanced HuCard version.

That's my most expensive batch to date, but it's because of the SuperGrafx games. I tend to buy stuff more in bulk from him every couple months since it's a lot cheaper that way than buying in online stores and eBay.

I still have to resort to eBay for domestic titles, though.  :?
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Keranu

Nice games nat and good deal.
IMG

TR0N

None i still haven't bought any pce related games in months.

I'm searching for a Wii and it's a pain in the ass  ](*,)
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Digi.k

Waiting on 1943kai coming from RMDX japan to pass through my mail box.

PCEngineHell

More game stuff that has nothing to do with Pc-Engine arriving in the mail or has already arrived:
Neogeo 1-slot pcb
Double Dragon 2 Megadrive
Sega cd Final Fight complete
Lightning Force Genesis
Mortal Kombat 2 Genesis (by mistake,the pcb was swapped out into a Mk3 cart I had purchased,so Im not happy having this title in my collection)
Galaxy Force 2 Genesis
Phantasy Star 2 Genesis
Genesis Model 1 deck with "HIGH DEF" logo on shell.

nat

My games arrived yesterday:

IMG
https://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n132/nathall_1/allgames.jpg

IMG
https://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n132/nathall_1/battleace.jpg

IMG
https://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n132/nathall_1/granzort.jpg

Granzort & Battle Ace are brand new, never been played. The whitish markings you can see on Battle Ace are on the shrinkwrap (as are all the stickers), not the box, though it's hard to tell that from the photo. Ghouls 'n Ghosts is used but mint. Art of Fighting is brand new also. The rest are used but excellent to mint condition. Also received but not pictured here is Sidearms Hyperdyne (US version). The pictured lot ran me $175 even, fresh from Japan!

I added Anearth Fantasy Stories to the bunch after a thread here piqued my interest. I've started playing it and I'm trying to avoid using m1savage's walkthrough, though I had to resort to it for help with the battle menu options. Fun game!
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Digi.k

Just got final soldier and bomberman for pc engine ^__^

Joe Redifer

SuperGrafx games didn't even come in jewel cases like regular non-super HuCards?  Did they hate their SuperGrafx customers?  I guess they did.  That right there is the reason the system failed to sell more than 100 units... it just had a very cheap feel about it since NEC never really tried.

CrackTiger

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/23/2007, 09:27 PMSuperGrafx games didn't even come in jewel cases like regular non-super HuCards?  Did they hate their SuperGrafx customers?  I guess they did.  That right there is the reason the system failed to sell more than 100 units... it just had a very cheap feel about it since NEC never really tried.
They do come in jewel cases, but they're just so SUPER, that they also come with a special cardboard sleeve for the jewel case.

Not only that, but the deluxe sleeve out Working Designs Working Designs by utilizing shiny bronze paint technology in places, years before WD had even invented it.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

nat

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/23/2007, 09:27 PMSuperGrafx games didn't even come in jewel cases like regular non-super HuCards?  Did they hate their SuperGrafx customers?  I guess they did.  That right there is the reason the system failed to sell more than 100 units... it just had a very cheap feel about it since NEC never really tried.
Quite the opposite, as CrackTiger indicated.

As a matter of fact, it was the Turbo/CoreGrafx customers NEC hated. They  loved the SuperGrafx customers so much they provided mega-awesome cardboard sleeves OVER the regular HuCard jewel cases just as a way to say "thanks, you're cool" to SGX players.

Joe Redifer

Ah.  But in your picture it looks like the SuperGrafx cases are thinner than the real PC Engine cases.  Look how much thicker the Ys 4 case right above it is.  It may just be the way things are positioned, but it gives it the illusion that they are in a weak cardboard case like the games included with the Sega CD model 1.  I hope you can get that damn sticker off of the Ys case.

nat

Oh, yeah, I see what you mean. There must've just been something under the Ys IV case.

That's an old message-- that stuff came in like two months ago. Yeah, I got the sticker off cuz it was on the plastic wrap not the case itself.

Seldane

I bought some PC Engine games almost two weeks ago, but they still haven't arrived. **** the post office!

Dragon Spirit
Neutopia II (finally!! I even got two copies just because I felt like it)
Bikkuriman World (I already have the much better WB in Monster Land game for Master System, but this game could just be worth the two bucks I paid for it)
Another Tennokoe Bank

If I don't get them on monday, I will set things on fire.
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG
Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: IMG! Sir, the door was open.

Carbon Tiger

Ordered yesterday:

Far East Of Eden - Ziria
Far East of Eden 2 : Tengai Makyo Manjimaru     
Far East Of Eden : Tengai Makyo Kabuki Den    
Street Fighter 2

Yeah I don't have the Super CD add on but I do have a copy of Magic Engine so that'll do for now :-)
My game collection at PCE Daisakusen
http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/33/147/show-user.htm

runinruder

Congratulations.  The Tengai Makyou games are FANTASTIC RPGs.

Carbon Tiger

Quote from: runinruder on 04/13/2007, 02:38 PMCongratulations.  The Tengai Makyou games are FANTASTIC RPGs. 
Thanks, I've read their good and I already found some walkthroughs so I'm looking forward to trying them. also got a good deal on the games from japangamestock so I'm happy all around on this purchase  8)

Turbo D

I'm waiting for some games in mail

Bonk
Bonk3
Tonma
NinjaSpirit
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

grahf

I'm waiting on these. Some are for me, some are for a friend.

alzadick
download
fray In magical adventure: Xak Gaiden
darius plus
nekketsu koukou soccer-hen
powerleague IV
bomberman 93
bomberman 94
kyukyoku tiger

esteban

Quote from: turbo D on 04/13/2007, 05:14 PMI'm waiting for some games in mail

Bonk
Bonk3
Tonma
NinjaSpirit
I like Tonma... it reminds me of Karnov NES, which is a good thing :).

SuperDeadite

Well these aren't "In the mail" since I bought them from
stores in Osaka, but here are my newest additions:

Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire (Mint with Spine Card) - a lot of money, but just holding
             the case feels strangely cool. Plus the game rocks!
Hellfire S - Nice game, a little simplistic at times, but the music is beautiful.
Devil Crash - wow, now this is a pinball game!
Street Fighter II - very nice port.  bought this more out of sentimental value
             (and it was super cheap)
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

gundarN

I've bought WAY too many PC Engine games recently. Just waiting for PC Genjin and Asuka 120% to arrive, then I'm done for a couple of months.
Pop 'n Magic will probably be my next purchase.

Turbo D

Quote from: stevek666 on 04/13/2007, 10:08 PM]I like Tonma... it reminds me of Karnov NES, which is a good thing :).
Ya, Karnov was bad ass. I like how he came out as a boss in that other game, I think it was bad dudes.
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Carbon Tiger

Neutopia :-) got the complete copy (Hucard, box, and instructions) for $9.99 once shipping was tacked on. Another case of the shipping costing more then the game.

nat

Quote from: gundarN on 04/17/2007, 08:05 AMI've bought WAY too many PC Engine games recently.
I'm being a PC-FX glutton right now.

I just bought a bunch more games. Super God Trooper Zeroigar, among others.

TR0N

Quote from: gundarN on 04/17/2007, 08:05 AMI've bought WAY too many PC Engine games recently.
It can add up if your not careful.

When i started in 05 i was buying games for it like crazy.

Then i stoped afther i seen what i spent for it so far.

I wouldn't worry, about getting every game you want to play right now.

Take your time and in the end you will get what you want for the pce.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Carbon Tiger

Ebay came through for once.

Got the complete (game + case + Booklet) versions of:

-Galaga 88
-Double Dungeon
-Alien Crush

for $21 + shipping. Not bad at all. I think my small collection is starting to get some teeth. I think I'm done buying for a while but in the last month I added SF 2, Neupotia, Bonze, After Burner II, Legend of Valkyrie and the entire Far East of Eden series. Which is a start. :-)

CrackTiger

I haven't purchased any Turbo/PCE stuff through the mail in a while, but the following new/sealed games are supposed to be on their way to me-

Lords of the Rising Sun
  BusterBros
  Splash Lake
  World Court Tennis
  Takin' It To The Hoop
  Vigilante
  Yo' Bro
  TV Sports Hockey
  TV Sports Football
  Silent Debuggers
  Power Golf
  Pac-Land
  Somer: Assault
  Hit the Ice
  Legendary Axe 2
  Legendary Axe
  Ys III: Wanderers from Ys
  R-Type

I say 'supposed', because I may get ripped off with what I actually recieve. The seller already ripped me with the combined 'shipping' cost, which totals 150% of the combined selling price of the actual items.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!