@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Introduction and admin thanks

Started by batmreload, 07/01/2013, 07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

batmreload

Hi. New to the forum Here. I join here because i used to have and
love my TG-16. Sadly it died around 1998-2000 and I've been missing
it recently. I'd like to thank whatever admin approved my account
(I tried months ago but couldn't get my account approved)

I enjoy a bit of classic gaming and "vintage" computing. I'm on and
off forums, but my most recent one is over at VCF www.vintage-computer.com under username Salamontagne

Anyhow, I'll keep this short since it seems whenever a open my mouth to say something
I put my foot in so deep the water in my knee quenches my thirst... #-o

MotherGunner

Welcome!  If you still have that TG-16, most likely it can be repaired.  =)
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

batmreload

Sadly, the TG-16 and the turbobooster I had are long gone. The only thing left to
show for it is a bare HuCard of Bonk's Revenge  :cry:

Thanks for your welcome, though

turboswimbz

Yeah occasionally the registering process here can be slow. 

Anyway!

WELCOME to the nut house that is the forum here.

...And may I suggest picking up yourself a PC engine region modded Duo to get you back in the game.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Tatsujin

Welcome to the obey farm :)

Yeah, I'm sure you will get a new system with lots of cool games somewhere in here in almost no time :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

esteban

Quote from: batmreload on 07/01/2013, 07:06 PMI enjoy a bit of classic gaming and "vintage" computing. I'm on and
off forums, but my most recent one is over at VCF www.vintage-computer.com under username Salamontagne

Anyhow, I'll keep this short since it seems whenever a open my mouth to say something
I put my foot in so deep the water in my knee quenches my thirst... #-o
Comrade, if you are unable to play some PCE/TG-16, you must, at the very least, rub the "bare HuCard of Bonk's Revenge" on your temples.

I'm serious. Do it. Now.

Again, I'm serious. And... welcome.  :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

turboswimbz

Quote from: guest on 07/01/2013, 09:58 PMIf you've never had a CD/Super CD based turbografx system, you don't know what you're missing!  I strongly suggest you do as swimbz suggests and get a PC Engine Duo, though you might do better to pick up a Turbo Everdrive instead of a region mod if you can since the Everdrive will let you play backup ROM images of games in your collection regardless of region.

Welcome to the forums!  Best of luck in scoring a console and getting back into one of the best and most underrated platforms of all time.
True very true, Either method is a great idea. - the Everdrive will also allow you to play some of the expensive games easily too.
That you don't know what your missing things is so true: I remember when I finally got my CD set up and Ys. mind blown.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Bardoly