10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

New video of chuck NO-RICE

Started by touko, 07/11/2013, 06:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

touko

Hi all .

bfg made a video to show a few karaté games including chuck NO-RICE (coms are in french sorry):
Here you can see the intro, new levels and the reworked first level ..

Hoping you like it..  :P

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

touko

PunkCryborg

The title screen's music is Lime - Your Love
so awesome

touko

wahou i didn't knew that ..
I have found mine on a c64 musics remixes .

Mishran

Was that a UFO abducting a cow on the train stage? Lol

Game is looking and sounding great so far! Hopefully we can look forward to a disc release of this.

touko

yes an ufo lol ..
And also yes, it should be released on a professionally pressed disc .

ParanoiaDragon

IMG

touko

Yes, if there is an interest for this kind of games, but not really in fact .  :?

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: touko on 07/11/2013, 01:28 PMYes, if there is an interest for this kind of games, but not really in fact .  :?
We need to some how drum up business for this game, we need it pressed!  Have you done the numbers & figured out roughly how many copies you'd need to sell to make the game profitable?
IMG

TheClash603

Dare you to press this game tomorrow.

touko

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 07/11/2013, 11:41 PMWe need to some how drum up business for this game, we need it pressed!  Have you done the numbers & figured out roughly how many copies you'd need to sell to make the game profitable?
As the minimum price is 900/1000 $ for 500 copies, if you start with a price of 30$ you need to sell 33 ..
i think a price of 20/25$ is good, and you need to sell 40/50 copies .

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: touko on 07/12/2013, 03:32 AM
Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 07/11/2013, 11:41 PMWe need to some how drum up business for this game, we need it pressed!  Have you done the numbers & figured out roughly how many copies you'd need to sell to make the game profitable?
As the minimum price is 900/1000 $ for 500 copies, if you start with a price of 30$ you need to sell 33 ..
i think a price of 20/25$ is good, and you need to sell 40/50 copies .
I would think that, atleast in theory, it should be easy to sell 40-50 copies of the game I would think.  It should be just a matter of making sure everyone knows about the game, including those that aren't on pcengine-fx.com.  At that point, you'd just need to consider how many extra copies of the game will be laying around for years to come & if you have the space to store them.
IMG

touko

Yes i think so 50/60 copies are doable .
But my fears are that this kind of games are not very popular among the gamers console community  :?

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: touko on 07/12/2013, 06:22 AMYes i think so 50/60 copies are doable .
But my fears are that this kind of games are not very popular among the gamers console community  :?
Can Ark or BT chime in on sales figures for recent sales of P.Plunderer and the re-release of Meteor Blaster?

Personally this Chuck No Rice game is one Turbo Homebrew that I'm seriously looking forward to!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

touko

spenoza

This may not be the kind of game I enjoy playing, but it looks great, animates well, has great sound effects, and has such a great sense of personality.

touko

Yes it's a typical 80's computer game, and i'am aware that this is a risk of developing it on consoles ...

Thanks for your comments spenoza .

RoyVegas

Quote from: guest on 07/12/2013, 10:21 AMThis may not be the kind of game I enjoy playing, but it looks great, animates well, has great sound effects, and has such a great sense of personality.
Not normally my favorite type of game to pop in all the time but I surely would pick up a copy if they were pressed.
All is well. :)

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: touko on 07/12/2013, 10:50 AMYes it's a typical 80's computer game, and i'am aware that this is a risk of developing it on consoles ...

Thanks for your comments spenoza .
Yeah, unfortunately, the real target audience (Commodore 64 people) are still playing the original and being clueless about every other console/computer ever.

50 copies is doable.  PP and Insanity both sold more than that.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Psycho Punch

I demand crappy quality Bruce Lee scream PCMs for sound effects!
This Toxic Turbo Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs!
I had to delete THOUSANDS of error log entries cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Bardoly

Quote from: RoyVegas on 07/23/2013, 12:47 PM
Quote from: guest on 07/12/2013, 10:21 AMThis may not be the kind of game I enjoy playing, but it looks great, animates well, has great sound effects, and has such a great sense of personality.
Not normally my favorite type of game to pop in all the time but I surely would pick up a copy if they were pressed.
I would pick up a pressed copy too.

ParanoiaDragon

Obviously I'm gonna pick this game up!!
IMG

soop

Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

touko

Yes arkhan, i think 50 copies is very doable, and thank you all for your support ;-)

esteban

Quote from: touko on 07/24/2013, 06:23 AMYes arkhan, i think 50 copies is very doable, and thank you all for your support ;-)
TOUKO, simply incorporate a BADMINTON RPG MINI-GAME/SIDE QUEST into LeChuckNoRice and I guarantee you will triple your sales.

STATUS: I love what you have done so far. I will certainly support you.  :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

touko

LOL thank you very much :-) ..

And a surprise has already been included,and i can not say more, but it will surely please the nec cdrom fans .

Mishran

Quote from: touko on 07/24/2013, 02:27 PMLOL thank you very much :-) ..

And a surprise has already been included,and i can not say more, but it will surely please the nec cdrom fans .
You got Chuck Norris to do the CD warning message? :shock:

touko

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: esteban on 07/24/2013, 06:55 AM
Quote from: touko on 07/24/2013, 06:23 AMYes arkhan, i think 50 copies is very doable, and thank you all for your support ;-)
TOUKO, simply incorporate a BADMINTON RPG MINI-GAME/SIDE QUEST into LeChuckNoRice and I guarantee you will triple your sales.

STATUS: I love what you have done so far. I will certainly support you.  :pcgs:
Holy crapola, scratch the badminton, & make an RPG ala Final Lap Twin/World Court Tennis, but with the fighting of Chuck-No-Rice, now that would be awesome!
IMG

touko

it will be for the next game,but i note:
On pcenginefx they are some badminton girlies  :mrgreen:

exodus

I'd buy it :3

also, hey, if you want to know *for sure* that you have the customers, do a kickstarter/indiegogo for it, just for the price of pressing the discs.

touko

thanks for advice ..

I think that 50/60 or more copies is easily doable, really ..

And i'll do anything for it ;-)