OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Hi everyone

Started by Halfabag, 08/07/2013, 04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halfabag

Hello to everyone.

I'm a new member from the UK, I'm 38 (39 in less than 3 hours!) and have loved the PC Engine since I was about 15. I've always loved video games since I was 12 when I got my first home computer which I still have.

I'm a member on Neo-Geo.com and have been there since 2011. I've lurked behind the scenes on this site since around the same time and hope to find this site just as good and helpful.

I will probably need some technical help in the future with one or two of my items but just for now, I will give you a vague list of my stuff as most of it is stored away as we don't have the space at home at present.

Here goes,

Amstard CPC464 with green monitor and games.
Amiga 500 with lots of original games.
Megadrive Pal model, Asian and Japanese.
Original gameboy.
Gameboy advance.
Snes
Neo Geo AES
Neo Geo MVS arcade machine
Neo geo CMVS
And last but most certainly not least, my PC Engine stuffs....
3 white original PCE. One original boxed, 1 RGB modded and 1 loose that came with an IFU-30.
SuperGrafx RGB modded.
Duo-R RGB modded.
And a few games for the above.
Lots of Retro Gamer mags and some old CVG complete guide to consoles which I bought when I was about 15ish.
Oh, and hopefully a CD ROM unit for the IFU-30 by sometime next week.

Look forward to chatting and learning from you guys and girls (if there is any, no offence intended).

turboswimbz

Welcome and Happy Birthday!  Enjoy some PC Engine!
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Halfabag

Thanks bud, 6 mins to my first reply......now that's quick.

turboswimbz

Ahh everyone will start getting off work here starting within the next hour across the US expect a bunch more!  Also nice console list.
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Halfabag

Thanks man, it's just a pity it's mostly in my loft (very well packaged and sealed).

I've got a little more stuff like NDS, Wii, PSP and N64 but just couldn't remember everything whilst I was doing my first post!

NecroPhile

Welcome aboard and happy birthday!  Your b-day mission, should you wish to accept it, is to have a couple (dozen) pints and play Bonk's Revenge.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Halfabag

I'd love to take you up on that challenge but I'm out all day tomorrow and then out in the evening. I'm sure I could do the pints part though.  :wink:

Bardoly

Welcome to Pcenginefx!  You're only a few months older than I, and it looks like you enjoy several of the same systems that I do - Gameboy, SNES, Gameboy Advance, TurboGrafx/PC Engine.

roflmao

Quote from: guest on 08/07/2013, 05:21 PMWelcome aboard and happy birthday!  Your b-day mission, should you wish to accept it, is to have a couple (dozen) pints and play Bonk's Revenge.  :mrgreen:
My birthday is coming up in a week and this is exactly how I intend on spending it.

Welcome and happy birthday, btw!

Gillian Seed

As a girl, I'm highly offended.

...I'm not actually a girl.

Tatsujin

Welcome to the obey farm :)

And a nice HB.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

esteban

Quote from: Halfabag on 08/07/2013, 04:09 PMHello to everyone.

I'm a new member from the UK, I'm 38 (39 in less than 3 hours!) and have loved the PC Engine since I was about 15. I've always loved video games since I was 12 when I got my first home computer which I still have.

I'm a member on Neo-Geo.com and have been there since 2011. I've lurked behind the scenes on this site since around the same time and hope to find this site just as good and helpful.

I will probably need some technical help in the future with one or two of my items but just for now, I will give you a vague list of my stuff as most of it is stored away as we don't have the space at home at present.

Here goes,

Amstard CPC464 with green monitor and games.
Amiga 500 with lots of original games.
Megadrive Pal model, Asian and Japanese.
Original gameboy.
Gameboy advance.
Snes
Neo Geo AES
Neo Geo MVS arcade machine
Neo geo CMVS
And last but most certainly not least, my PC Engine stuffs....
3 white original PCE. One original boxed, 1 RGB modded and 1 loose that came with an IFU-30.
SuperGrafx RGB modded.
Duo-R RGB modded.
And a few games for the above.
Lots of Retro Gamer mags and some old CVG complete guide to consoles which I bought when I was about 15ish.
Oh, and hopefully a CD ROM unit for the IFU-30 by sometime next week.

Look forward to chatting and learning from you guys and girls (if there is any, no offence intended).
Welcome, comrade.  :pcgs:

YOU ARE MISSING FAMICOM/NES. Unacceptable. Unfathomable.

As penance, you will send me all your NEOGEO GEAR.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Halfabag

Thanks for the warm welcome guys ......... And Gillian  :D

I'm off to sunny blackpool now (google it) to have some fun and play some video games

That's if the arcades are still there...... Oh I miss those times soooo much  :cry:

Will let you know how i got on later.

wildfruit

no dreamcast? no beautiful but infinitely breakable PAL cases?

wildfruit

Quote from: Halfabag on 08/08/2013, 03:14 AMThanks for the warm welcome guys ......... And Gillian  :D

I'm off to sunny blackpool now (google it) to have some fun and play some video games

That's if the arcades are still there...... Oh I miss those times soooo much  :cry:

Will let you know how i got on later.
i just got back from the back end of nowhere in cornwall and found a single slot mvs on a campsite clubhouse and arcade in a village called tintagel that had some great games at yesterday's prices. £1 for 4 credits on konami simpsons!

Halfabag

Well I just got back and all I can say is..... OMFG!!! Where have all the old school arcade machines gone? The last time I was in Blackpool was @ 10 years ago and they still had a few then.

The only thing I found which could be classed as a "classic" was Daytona USA!

It's not fair, I want pixels not polygons  :(.

As a result, I didn't play a single game. Looks like I'm gonna take Necromancers advice........... Out come the beers!

Oh I miss the good old days!

Halfabag

I still can believe it. I may drink quite a few tonight to drown my disbelief.

Or, I may treat myself to a Rainbow Islands CD as way of recovery from the trauma!

Any of you guys have one at a fair price? Or is it Ebay and their usual crazy prices?

turboswimbz

DOn't go to the darkside of E-bay. Don't do it.  be patient and you'll snag one for 20-40% less than the going E-bay price.  At least this is what I find if you wait and ask around.  this being said this is a game I am after too and can't help :(

Halfabag

Advice taken turboswimbz my man, what's the going rate these days?

Any really crazy...... I mean generous members want to get me one for my birthday?  :lol:

With eagle eyes I wait patiently.

Bardoly

The best I could do for Rainbow Islands was ~$49 shipped from my Hong Kong buddy, so you can find it cheaper than eBay, but bargain basement pricing may not be possible.  :(

turboswimbz

Quote from: Bardoly on 08/09/2013, 01:23 AMThe best I could do for Rainbow Islands was ~$49 shipped from my Hong Kong buddy, so you can find it cheaper than eBay, but bargain basement pricing may not be possible.  :(
I would bet this is the case.  I would say 50-75 shipped is prob. the best you'll do today, but don't go for those $100 copies I see on the bay.  Too much, and sooner or later an auction or one will pop up here for closer to Bardoly's price.

Halfabag

Mmm, interesting indeed. Obviously I'm pretty new to all this, but I didn't realise that people would copy a game that is not overly expensive.

How can you tell if its a copy or not?

I know about the saphire copy's and that some guy was doing a 25th year anniversary special with two other games but that's about it.
This is why I joined here, to learn from the experienced and to not get my fingers burnt hopefully.

Bardoly

Other than Sapphire, I haven't really heard much about copies trying to be passed off as being authentic, but then again, my experience with Turbo CD games is less than 1 year, so maybe others have run across others.