The SNES (shitty nintenderp excrement system) Hate Thread

Started by VenomMacbeth, 08/13/2013, 01:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrackTiger

I think that if the Genesis really had more sports games for a while, it was simply because it had been around and successful for a while, before the SNES had even launched.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

turbokon

Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Jabberwok

Mutant League Football was bearable however... Bribe ref FTW  :-"

geise

I like Speed Ball on the Amiga.  Does that count as a sports game?  :-k

bob

Double Dribble
World Class Baseball
Blades of Steel
Genny NHL games
Madden 2003 (PS2)
Tecmo World Wrestling

Are all ok in my book.

turboswimbz

NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Tatsujin

The SFC, I love it for about 20 excellent games on it, and could care less for most the rest of its whole library.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

geise

I feel the same way Tats, and of those 20's about 10 are probably Konami games. :lol:

VestCunt

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 08/13/2013, 01:00 AMalmost all the decent games for it are way overpriced.
I know Venom is being sarcastic, but I always love reading snerds sob about how their games are expensive. Like what, they didn't have a chance to complete their wantlist over the last two decades? The SNES was so obscure they needed youtube to discover it? Local stores didn't carry it? Give me a break. Complaining about SNES prices in 2013 is like waiting to buy plane tickets until you get to the airport - you should have done that shit ages ago. 

Anyone bitching about SNES prices today is automatically an asshole. They're either a CIB/VGA collector, a snot-nosed millennial late to the potluck, or an idiot for selling their childhood collection ten years ago and crawling back.
Topic Adjourned.

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: guest on 08/17/2013, 01:38 AMAnyone bitching about SNES prices today is automatically an asshole. They're either a CIB/VGA collector, a snot-nosed millennial late to the potluck, or an idiot for selling their childhood collection ten years ago and crawling back.
That one's me.  Honestly, though, I don't mind paying good money for good games.  I'm just sick of hearing about the SNES, seeing the SNES, observing the retro stores keeping a good stock of "classic" SNES games while their Genesis sections suffer & Turbob is virtually nonexistent, and worst of all, every one of my gamer friends ignoring pretty much ALL other vintage consoles but the SNES.  I have all my consoles hooked up & on display in our living room, and every first impression I get has either been "Ahh, Super Nintendo!  You got Secret of Mana for that??" or "oh shit, an Atari!"

The hype is really what forced my hand most into all but writing off the Super Nintend'oh.  I suppose that makes me a "hipster", but then again, maybe calling myself a hipster makes me...not...one...right?  Whatever, fuck it.  And fuck the SNES.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Tatsujin

/waltzsnes.jpg
(Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz Duel (SFC))
IMG IMG
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

ApolloBoy

IMG

CrackTiger

SNES games aren't expensive overall for game players and aren't much different than Genesis and Turbo. Many games that demand a premium price for premium condition ultra complete copies aren't too expensive for cart-only. Many great games are also dirt cheap on Super Famicom. It's no different than people crying wolf about PC Engine games being too expensive. You don't have to own every single game ever made, but even if they were all $10 each, that's still a lot of money overall.

Thankfully there are several SNES flash carts. So you can pay "expensive" prices for the handful of carts worth playing that have special chips and just play the rest off of a single cart.

Jabberwok

Let's start the rumor that sports games are the next big thing for the truly serious collector that way the good games will drop in prices. This will trap the casual 'me too' collector...  :dance:

PukeSter

Quote from: Jabberwok on 08/18/2013, 07:27 PMLet's start the rumor that sports games are the next big thing for the truly serious collector that way the good games will drop in prices. This will trap the casual 'me too' collector...  :dance:
Lol. The only thing those are good for as donation carts for repros.

Jabberwok

Quote from: guest
Quote from: Jabberwok on 08/18/2013, 07:27 PMLet's start the rumor that sports games are the next big thing for the truly serious collector that way the good games will drop in prices. This will trap the casual 'me too' collector... :dance:
Lol. The only thing those are good for as donation carts for repros.
True. Plus 99.97% of those shells are in top shape because they were barely used...

Mathius

Tatsujin

Quote from: Mathius on 08/24/2013, 09:47 PMI love my SNES. Always will.
/994590_10201143722928877_493094957_n.jpg

seieienbu

I thought Snes was fine.  I think people paying $200 for Earthbound these days are out of their god-damn minds but that's neither here nor there.  I swear people only want the game because it costs that much.

N64 though?  What am I missing here?  I was in highschool when the 64 came out.  At the time I thought 3D graphics were awful.  Just about every N64 game looked the same to me:  blurry, low poly count, awful textures and a wall of fog 3 feet away from you.  I vastly appreciated my PS1 and Saturn more as far as that generation of consoles went. 

And let me interrupt you, straw man, don't say Goldeneye or Perfect Dark.  After playing Quake, Q2, Q3, Duke Nukem, Doom 2, and Descent on lan as much as I did I hated trying to play shitty FPS games with lousy controls while sharing a lowres screen with 3 other dudes.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Tatsujin

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: seieienbu on 08/25/2013, 07:18 PMAnd let me interrupt you, straw man, don't say Goldeneye or Perfect Dark.  After playing Quake, Q2, Q3, Duke Nukem, Doom 2, and Descent on lan as much as I did I hated trying to play shitty FPS games with lousy controls while sharing a lowres screen with 3 other dudes.
This is where they go

SMASH BROS OCARINA OF TIME MARIO 64 PAPER MARIO OMFGOMGOMFOMGOFG N64

and I go

Street Fighter Alpha 2, Alundra, Tomba, Klonoa, SquareSoft, Suck My Dick.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Jabberwok

Earthbound had those trippin' scratch-&-sniff that smelled... nothing like they were supposed to... I miss those for some odd reason. Reminds me of my youth when scratch-&-sniff were popular...

geise

I have never played earthbound or had any desire to play it. Not saying it's bad, but it never caught my interest.  I was to busy with Ys,  Tengai series, Dungeon Explorer,all rhe shooters, and Dungeon Explorer.

PukeSter

Quote from: geise on 08/26/2013, 09:36 PMI have never played earthbound or had any desire to play it. Not saying it's bad, but it never caught my interest.  I was to busy with Ys,  Tengai series, Dungeon Explorer,all rhe shooters, and Dungeon Explorer.
It's available on Wii U. $10, because it includes digital 200 page manual from the original package on the gamepad.

However, I've never had a desire to play it either.

seieienbu

Quote from: guest on 08/27/2013, 05:14 PMIt's available on Wii U. $10, because it includes digital 200 page manual from the original package on the gamepad.
It's $10 because the SNES cart ebays for infinity dollars.

jlued686

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: guest on 08/27/2013, 09:34 PMAnd because it's fantastic.
Exactly, it's just a fun RPG with character.  The Wii U version having the instruction manual on the controller sounds pretty rad.  I hope they do that with all the Virtual Console games.  :)
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Tatsujin

Mathius

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 08/28/2013, 09:02 AM
Quote from: guest on 08/27/2013, 09:34 PMAnd because it's fantastic.
Exactly, it's just a fun RPG with character.  The Wii U version having the instruction manual on the controller sounds pretty rad.  I hope they do that with all the Virtual Console games.  :)
Exactly X 2.

CrackTiger

Earthbound isn't that bad or great, it just wound up becoming the avatar for all things nu-SNES-retroactively-hardcore-collecta-fans.

Too many of the same people who dismiss the PCE library as being too unique, not filling cookie-cutter genres, having primitive aesthetics and the games being too expensive... tend to be the same people paying hundreds of dollars for CIB copies of Earthbound and calling all pixel art "8-bit".

Tatsujin

wildfruit

i always wanted a snes but at the time was too expensive. the games always seemed to be abiut £10 more. when i got one later in life  the novelty wore off quick and needless to say when i needed cash it was the first thing to go. still have my precious mega drive with beautiful rgb
also if turbo had been given a proper europe release that i had known about this might be a different story.
i like link to the past but the muffled music hurts my ears
i like earthbound but dont have a wii u so play by other means
thats about it

seieienbu

I picked up Earthbound when it was new and thought it was alright.  I think that I played it all the way through exactly twice over the years.  I didn't think that it was as good as a lot of its RPG contemporaries but it was enjoyable enough to play through. 

I honestly don't know how sales went for it exactly, but it certainly didn't seem rare when I picked it up as I knew a lot of other people who owned it at the time.  I just can't see anyone in their right mind spending $200+ on that game.

VenomMacbeth

On a not-earthbound-related note, I've been thinking of picking up Blackthorne on either the SNES or 32x.  Obviously I'd rather have the 32x version, but ultimately money will be the deciding factor (as it always is.)  I've been playing a fair bit of Flashback lately, and I like the atmosphere of Blackthorne, sooo...yeah.  How is it on the SNES?
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Mathius

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 08/29/2013, 11:59 PMOn a not-earthbound-related note, I've been thinking of picking up Blackthorne on either the SNES or 32x.  Obviously I'd rather have the 32x version, but ultimately money will be the deciding factor (as it always is.)  I've been playing a fair bit of Flashback lately, and I like the atmosphere of Blackthorne, sooo...yeah.  How is it on the SNES?
Everything about the SNES version of Flashback is slower so I would think the same of Blackthorn. I would get a 32X if I could just find a copy of that game for a reasonable price.

roflmao

Earthbound is freaking awesome - possibly because I never played it bitd.  It's DEFINITELY NOT a $200 game, but imo, no game is. (I got my copy for faaaaar less than that) The humor in it is so absurd that I don't think I would have enjoyed it as a teenager.

And the Wii U having the manual included?  Genius!  The manual contains a full strategy guide that would put most Prima Guides to shame.  My copy didn't come with the manual, but I've since printed it out just because it's so useful.

CrackTiger

I paid over $100 for Earthbound when it came out and played through it about 30 times. It didn't seem nearly as good as most RPGs up to that point, but is definitely worth playing once (at Wii U pricing). But you should play too many other RPG games first. So it's literally one of the worst RPGs of its time, but it's more of a least-good scenario.

jperryss

Quote from: guest on 09/01/2013, 08:41 PMI paid over $100 for Earthbound when it came out and played through it about 30 times. It didn't seem nearly as good as most RPGs up to that point, but is definitely worth playing once (at Wii U pricing). But you should play too many other RPG games first. So it's literally one of the worst RPGs of its time, but it's more of a least-good scenario.
So, it's one of the worst RPGs of its time, but you played through it 30 times. Got it.

seieienbu

It's got a quirky sense of humor, but the only US SNES RPGs that I'd say that it's straight up better than are like, Secret of the Stars and Breath of Fire 1.  I like literally every other RPG at least as much as Earthbound.  I also like many of them a good deal more.

wildfruit

Quote from: guest on 08/26/2013, 05:49 PM
Quote from: seieienbu on 08/25/2013, 07:18 PMAnd let me interrupt you, straw man, don't say Goldeneye or Perfect Dark.  After playing Quake, Q2, Q3, Duke Nukem, Doom 2, and Descent on lan as much as I did I hated trying to play shitty FPS games with lousy controls while sharing a lowres screen with 3 other dudes.
This is where they go

SMASH BROS OCARINA OF TIME MARIO 64 PAPER MARIO OMFGOMGOMFOMGOFG N64

and I go

Street Fighter Alpha 2, Alundra, Tomba, Klonoa, SquareSoft, Suck My Dick.
alumdra is so good

CrackTiger

Quote from: jperryss on 09/02/2013, 12:04 AM
Quote from: CrackTiger on 09/01/2013, 08:41 PMI paid over $100 for Earthbound when it came out and played through it about 30 times. It didn't seem nearly as good as most RPGs up to that point, but is definitely worth playing once (at Wii U pricing). But you should play too many other RPG games first. So it's literally one of the worst RPGs of its time, but it's more of a least-good scenario.
So, it's one of the worst RPGs of its time, but you played through it 30 times. Got it.
Yes, as opposed to 100+ times. As I've talked about many times over the years, I played every new game I got over and over for a long time before they became part of a regular rotation. Especially RPGs, which are my favorite. I got Final Fantasy III SNES down to a day and a half to reach the end. As I've also mentioned many times, I've played through Night Creatures and Golden Axe PCE a lot, so I guess you're suggesting they must also be great.

One of the few RPGs bitd that I didn't have the patience for is Paladin's Quest. But I still plan to finish it some day.

NecroPhile

Quote from: CrackTiger on 09/03/2013, 02:08 PMAs I've also mentioned many times, I've played through Night Creatures and Golden Axe PCE a lot, so I guess you're suggesting they must also be great.
I've played through Hatris dozens and dozens of times, so it must be great indeed.  DO NOT ARGUE!  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Tatsujin

Quote from: guest on 09/03/2013, 02:08 PM
Quote from: guest on 09/01/2013, 08:41 PMI paid over $100 for Earthbound when it came out and played through it about 30 times. It didn't seem nearly as good as most RPGs up to that point, but is definitely worth playing once (at Wii U pricing). But you should play too many other RPG games first. So it's literally one of the worst RPGs of its time, but it's more of a least-good scenario.
Yes, as opposed to 100+ times.
HAWLY SHIET!!  :shock:

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: guest on 09/03/2013, 02:08 PM
Yes, as opposed to 100+ times. As I've talked about many times over the years, I played every new game I got over and over for a long time before they became part of a regular rotation. Especially RPGs, which are my favorite. I got Final Fantasy III SNES down to a day and a half to reach the end. As I've also mentioned many times, I've played through Night Creatures and Golden Axe PCE a lot, so I guess you're suggesting they must also be great.

One of the few RPGs bitd that I didn't have the patience for is Paladin's Quest. But I still plan to finish it some day.
Woah, YES you need to play Paladin's Quest!!  It reminded me a bit of Phantasy Star, but on a SNESSY console!!  There was also a sequel in Nippon World, but it never came out in native tongue.. :(
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Jabberwok

But... isn't calling everything super lacking conviction? I mean why pat yourself on the back? no one was doing it Nintendo?

Then again I wonder if Super Nintendo is better than say NES-16 or Nintendo-thing-a-ma-jig? Or for the tech savvy out there the Nintendo-16-bit-cpu-based-on-an-8-bit-cpu-architecture?

Super? who knows... Good games? depends on who you ask. RPG's? yes please! Fast paced games? get away from me! Earthbound? fun game. Is it worth that much? to each his own, one man's trash is another man's treasure...

Seriously though, one's love (or hatred) for the system & it's games has nothing to do with the company behind it. I mean look at Volkswagen...

Personally for me the SuperNES is like a Ferrari with a Hugo engine inside it. Vast potential crippled with tiny power. Imagine the exact same system with say a 7MHz cpu... see?

So hummm yeah... that was a "Super" post, totally unNEScessary...

You guys are all "Super" btw... Enough with the superNESness... ess...

NecroPhile

Jabberwok

The famous Russian cars. Over here they were called Lada's but the more known name is the Hugo I believe... Those cars were less than 1/2 price of it's nearest competitor if I recall correctly & didn't like the heat... probably because they were made for Siberia... I mean they had a real, working crankshaft!!!!

NecroPhile

I've heard of Yugo (built in Yugoslavia by Zastava) but not a Hugo.