OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Release Schedule showing differnet volume numbers and titles

Started by SuperPlay, 09/15/2013, 08:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperPlay

Hi

I am not sure if this has already been covered in the past?  However I have been going through my PC Engine collection and came across this release schedule for the original PC Engine.

I have not noticed this previously but as you can see there are differences in titles and volume numbers:

/yc2p.jpg

Release Schedule:

01 The Kung-Fu
02 Bikkuriman World
03 Shanghai
04 Victory Run
05 Necromancer (Jaseikin)
06 Youkai Dochuki
07 Kato and Ken Chan
08 ???
09 ???
10 R-Type I

Hudson Volumes as released:

01 The Kung-Fu
02 Bikkuriman World
03 Victory Run
04 Shanghai
05 Necromancer (Jaseikin)
06 Kato and Ken Chan
07 R-Type I
08 Yuu Yuu Jinsei
09 R-Type II
10 Sengoku Mahjong

As I do not read or speak Japanese can someone help identify the following games:

08 ????

The character sprite looks similar that of Makyo Densetsu.  However nothing else matches!

/xdsq.jpg

09 ???

Maybe Pachiokun Juban Shobu?  Although the screen is similar the licensing information is wrong

/94x0.jpg

Otaking

Quote from: SuperPlay on 09/15/2013, 08:53 AMAs I do not read or speak Japanese can someone help identify the following games:

08 ????

The character sprite looks similar that of Makyo Densetsu.  However nothing else matches!

/xdsq.jpg

09 ???

Maybe Pachiokun Juban
008 title is Jungle something

009 title is Dynamite Ball
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

_Paul

SuperPlay

Thanks for the help folks :-)

Is there any further info on these titles / magazine screenshots etc?  I have had a look on Chris Covell's unreleased page and these are not noted.

CrackTiger

They actually used the word "Tarzan" to describe Jungle King. :)

Apparently Legendary Axe and Alien Crush are a couple more games that came together pretty fast before being published.

They saved assets from Dynamite Ball for Devil's Crash.

IMGIMG

I guess that they had to come up with a new theme after Hudson ditched the project. Certainly worked out for the best. :)
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

SignOfZeta

IMG

esteban

SuperPlay, nice find.  :pcgs:

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 09/15/2013, 06:04 PMYeah, Dynamite Ball looks pretty lame.
Agreed. I was going to goof around and tell SuperPlay that he discovered TIME CRUISE (the original!)...but that was developed by FACE, if I recall correctly.

JUNGLE KING looks decent (I am a sucker for temples and jaguar beasts...). Goofy? Sure. But it is still intriguing.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG