10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Hi there

Started by pcengin4eva, 10/01/2013, 12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcengin4eva

Hi there i am new to this forum and like to say hello :)

I have been an PC Engine Fan back in the days in the late 80s to early 90s and i still am . Last week i got an PC Engine Core Grafx plus an Turbo Express along with 60 Cards (games) . I bought it on a fleamarket . All in almost new  condition , together for only 80 Euros(thas about 100 USD) . This startet my PC Engine ,madness again :) Already made the soundfix on the TE .

So hello there guys  :P

pcengin4eva

Heres a shot of what i got ... rather nice i think its well worth the money . CoreGrafx and Cases not on the pic (ran out of space on my desk ^^ )   so ... tired now , its 6 am here , see you tomorrow , good night :)

/28but11.jpg

Tatsujin

oh, how come there's a US MC inthere? lol!
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Psycho Punch

Bonk 3 + MC US at a flea market... no way this isn't a troll/tease post
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

pcengin4eva

Yeah sure Bonk 3 whats so special about it ? Whats MC US ?

Tatsujin

Nothin so special :) ar u sellin me these two to me ? :)

thx in advance~♪
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

pcengin4eva

OMG i just googled and found this site

http://www.racketboy.com/retro/turbografx-16/the-rarest-most-valuable-pc-engine-turbografx-16-games

With MC US u mean Magical Chase US ? Yes seems like its worth $500 and up , is this really paid ? I wonder how much the whole collection is .

I sold a LT a few years ago and got 500 bucks (the pictur of "my" LT is still in Google search , look at the desk in the pic its from me )

IMG

Seems this was luck with this lot , wonder how much all together will bring ?

Tatsujin

The rest will bring you about one-tenth of the US MC alone.

albatross

hahaha - im gonna have to call BULLSHIT on this! there is just now way! LOL

Tatsujin

Sure we had muuuch bigger BULLSHIT stories in here before (the-finnland fleamarket used cd lady with darius alpha etc. in used cd bin for one buck-story :P ), compared to that this looks still like halfway possible, hahaha.. but what do I know.

pcengin4eva

Bullshit ? Nope ....

/2z71nh0.jpg

NecroPhile

Nice score (if not BS).  Lots of fun games there.

P.S. - The BS is in how they were acquired not whether or not they even exist.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

pcengin4eva

Ah ok . Why should i lie ... the full story :

There was a video rental guy here in the 90s . He also had around 80 PC Engine Games and a lot of NEO GEO stuff back this time . Sometime when the Sony PS 1 showed up all the NeoGeo stuff was sold . But it seems he kept his PC Engine Cards because noone really wanted them back at that time (as it was an import console and almost noone knew it) . He closed his Videoshop a long time ago (around 2000) . Last week i saw him on a flea market and we talked about the old times . He said "oh i still have the PC Engine Cards lying around and some Hardware " . I said ok i wanna have it back for Nostalgia and he said i can have it , he has an glitch X360 and can play them anyways "if" he wanted .  . I told him i have an Pandora to play them and it is only nice to have some real PC Engine stuff again .... So i went home to him and bought it for 80 Euros which he agreed because the TE had no sound

Thats it . Of course i didnt know that there are some so valuable cards out there and i didnt specially look , as for me the most important games were Galaga 88 and Son Son 2 and the Alien and Devils Crush pinballs ...

All i saw over the years on ebay were 5-20 bucks offers of PCE games

:-({|=

PS: Blazing Lasers and Hatris are on ebay for 40 and 5 USD

And why is my Dodgeball Card white and says PC Card at the backside ? The original photos on internet show a blue card . Is mine a pirate copy ?

Vecanti

esteban

Welcome, pcengine4eva.

Play.

That is all we ask.

Play.

:pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

pcengin4eva

Yesss play :) going to mod the TE with an LCD today . Putting up a video , eventually compared to my Pandora when its finished . Cheers !

turbokon

A fellow modder, welcome:)
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com