10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Mysterious Song II: Eternal Silence

Started by OldRover, 11/03/2013, 06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldRover

Attacks are more animated now, though enemies are still static. Then again, even Final Fantasy 6 had static enemy sprites. Enemy sprites are just way larger now. There are five different types of attack animation, each based on the type of attack being used (sword, axe, staff, bow, or claw). Since there are more than just swords available now, it made sense to expand the animation types. Spells are particularly impressive this time though. Since Ryanna is the lead character in this game, much focus was placed on her particular gameplay facets, and since she is a magician, I wanted to make her magic really stand out this time.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Arjak

I would love to be an NPC in an RPG! Just make sure I get something really clever to say. :)
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

roflmao

Having my avatar's name in the game would be way cool.  Please add me.  :)

mrhaboobi

very sweet looking.. would love to see MrHaboobi as a character  :)
Looking for (MINT ONLY)
US Manual : Magical Chase, Shockman 
US Box : Turrican,  Soldier Blade, New Adventure Island, Neutopia II
Other : Sapphire OBI, Turbo Play Aug/Sept 90, April/May 92, Turbo Edge Spring 90

PC Engine Special Cards : Bomberman User Battle

Alydnes Super Grafx

OldRover

Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Dicer

Quote from: OldRover on 01/13/2015, 03:37 PMCameo list updated. :D
Where is this list, and please tell me I am on it...

HailingTheThings

IMG

ChrisBucci

So excited for this!    Let me know if there is anything I can help with!  :)
Chris Bucci

Elder

Marll

2015 was a busy year and believe it or not, this is one of the first days I've had to even look at the forums.

Any new status updates on this? Also feel free to user my user name as an NPC if that's still a thing!
Rabid Turbo fan since 1989!
Happy F@ck eBay member since 2010

wyndcrosser

I believe all his work has stopped on any project, if I recall.

OldRover

Quote from: wyndcrosser on 02/08/2016, 04:24 PMI believe all his work has stopped on any project, if I recall.
Just going slow is all. Frozen Utopia has stopped all development, but this game is an Eponasoft production and we're still plugging away in general. My priorities right now are Lucretia and Sydney Hunter, so this game remains a backseat production, as it has since its inception.

Quote from: Marll on 02/04/2016, 03:22 PMAny new status updates on this? Also feel free to user my user name as an NPC if that's still a thing!
Added. :) As for new status updates... not many. The little amount of time I have had to work on this specific project has mainly been refining play mechanics. I am going to be doing a poll for this game sometime soon, as there's a few aspects I want some turbob scene opinion on, but I am not sure when that will happen.

esteban

Best wishes to you and your family, comrade. :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: esteban on 02/14/2016, 07:43 AM
Best wishes to you and your family, comrade. :)
Best wishes to everyone!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

incrediblehark

Don't think I heard of Sydney Hunter yet, will have to check it out.

OldRover

Quote from: incrediblehark on 02/15/2016, 10:13 PMDon't think I heard of Sydney Hunter yet, will have to check it out.
I've never posted a thread about it but it's a Flash game from 2011 that is getting console conversions. So far, there are SNES and PCE conversions... I'm doing the PCE conversion.

brizio

I thought it was for SNES and NES only based on this: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/439982171/new-snes-game-sydney-hunter-and-the-caverns-of-dea?ref=discovery
Why the PCEngine version is not mentioned anywhere? Anyway, very good news! :)

NecroPhile

From update #14 in your linked kickstarter: "Oh and we have recently found both TurboGrafx 16 and Sega Genesis/Sega CD programmers, so Sydney Hunter and the Caverns of Death will be ported to those platforms as well."
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

OldRover

/hunter-0030.png
/hunter-0031.png
/hunter-0032.png
/hunter-0033.png
/hunter-0034.png

However, this is not a thread for this game in particular, so I will leave it at this. :D

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

NightWolve

esteban

This is what Neo Pitfall should have been like...
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG