OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

3DO

Started by Xak, 11/07/2013, 02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xak

Your favorite 3DO game and or system?

My very first system was an FZ10 in the mid 90s. I got it with about 10 games, one of them was HELL and was one of my favorites at the time. I also had FIFA. Over time I acquired all the FMV games like Crime Patrol 1 and 2 (i used to like the lightgun games). Im a Micro Cabin fan (makes of Xak and Illusion City) so I loved the game Luciennes Quest. It actually looks better on 3DO colorwise than on the Saturn.

Guardian War was too weird and took too long to get through a phase of combat. I may have to replay it to see if my memory is foggy. My favorite games were

Road Rash
Road & Track Need For Speed
Slayer
AD&D
Demolition Man

I hated Immercenary, maybe I was too young to get it? I tried getting into it as an adult and tried and just cant do it.
Im a real life Sadler, just take me to the nearest item shop.

I have aspergers, and am a recovering Tonicholic

VestCunt

Luciennes Quest for the Saturn, huh?

I find your theories intriguing and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
Topic Adjourned.

Tatsujin

I have a FZ-1 3DO (btw: FZ-1 [x--------------l--------------] FZ-10)
with about 50 games and few trial demos (some still sealed because of dupes).
I play it about every leapyear for about 5 minutes.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Xak

^Towards the end , my FZ10 failed for keeping it in a shed for years. The humidity or something landing on it maybe destroyed it. Doubt the humidity since my TG16 and Dreamcasts still worked. I got an FZ1 and a Goldstar simultaneously afterward and kept the Goldstar. I like the gamepad the Goldstar system has as well.

Wonder if Flashback on 3DO is better than the Sega CD version. I want Dragon Lore for 3DO. I have Killing Time but have yet to play it, I lost a bit of hope when I found out a superior version is on PC. Space Hulk looks cool.

My favorite game by far is Total Eclipse. I want to play the sequel "Stellar 7" ? I believe its called. That also  had a Saturn release if im not mistaken.

ParanoiaDragon

IIRC, the Sega CD version of Flashback has music.  The 3DO has a nice song at the beginning...but that's it.  I actually really like the music in the 3DO Out of this World, even though it's not the original.

As for me, I have both the FZ-1 & FZ-10.  I suppose I prefer the FZ-1, but I think it's cuz it's the original model.  The FZ-10 is more compact & does have a memory manager, which is obviously more practical.

I like Guardian War, Luciennes' Quest, Cannon Fodder, Captain Quazar, Blade Force, Bust-A-Move, Cyberdillo, Dragon Lore, Fun 'N' Games, Gex, The Horde, Insector War, Kingdom: The Far Reaches, Lost Eden, Gridders, Need for Speed, Out of this World, PO'ed, Policenaughts, Return Fire, Road Rash, Soccer Kid(though I prefer the Jag version), Space Hulk, Strahl, Syndicate, Trip'd, Wolfenstien.  A lot of those games can be found on other systems ofcoarse, but I tend to enjoy them most on the 3DO.
IMG

Tatsujin

I like

Super Street Fighter II Turbob
Samurai Showdown
Puzzle bobble
Lemmings (good version but have no mouse. was there even a 3DO mouse?)
Policenauts

Also have Dragons Lair but I think that game is unplayable. what ever I push to what ever timing, I always die instantly. any hints?

actually I only like the 2D games on it, because the 3D (realtime or prerender) was such horrible. All those uber cheesy and super annoying rail shooters..urks.

I only play that crap for teh lulz reason here and there.
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Psycho Punch

Crime Patrol is king. "It's PARTY TIME. *shows 90's car jumping behind developers' logo*"
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

esteban

FAVES: Star Control 2, Guardian War (I know, you wouldn't think I'd like this), etc.

I really haven't played much on 3DO the last few years besides these two games (and replaying Alone in the Dark and "newly" acquired BladeForce).
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Tatsujin

lol.. alone in the fark is absolutely unplayable..ABSOLUTELY!!!  like resi on escargot mode.

DragonmasterDan

Twisted! The Game Show Game and Zhadnost are my two favorites. Both are multiplayer only (unless you want to play against yourself).
--DragonmasterDan

SuperDeadite

Teh Top 5 3DNo Games:

1. Virtual Cameraman Vol. 1
2.  Virtual Cameraman Vol. 2
3.  Virtual Cameraman Vol. 3
4.  Virtual Cameraman Vol. 4
5.  Virtual Cameraman Vol. 5
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Xak

I forgot to mention Gex. That is probably the best game on the system overall. Very well programmed. Tatsu, I had the same problem when I owned Dragons Lair for Sega CD. Man I almost snapped that CD in half. I cant imagine it on the 3DO and its iffy joypad/d pad

Bloufo

Quote from: Tatsujin on 11/08/2013, 07:26 AMlol.. alone in the fark is absolutely unplayable..ABSOLUTELY!!!  like resi on escargot mode.
Where is the rep system of this forum?
In any case here's some virtual rep coming your way.

Quote from: Xak on 11/08/2013, 11:41 AMI forgot to mention Gex. That is probably the best game on the system overall. Very well programmed.
My favorite version of Gex, if only for the fact that it's the only version of the game that has saves instead of lame passwords.

CrackTiger

Doesn't the 3DO version of Gex run at 30fps?
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Psycho Punch

Honestly the 3DO sucks. There are a few decent games mind you, but some of those games are only bearable on an emulator with CPU at 300~400% (Doctor Hauzer: The Slideshow is one of them).

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 11/08/2013, 11:09 AMTeh Top 5 3DNo Games:

1. Virtual Cameraman Vol. 1
2.  Virtual Cameraman Vol. 2
3.  Virtual Cameraman Vol. 3
4.  Virtual Cameraman Vol. 4
5.  Virtual Cameraman Vol. 5
I like virtual cameraman. I hope we can view this kind of stuff for free one day. Inter what? What's that?
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Mathius

I can't get anywhere in Dragon's Lair for the 3DO either. I think it's broken.

Star Control 2 is one of the best games ever made. Ever! It doesn't matter if you can't get good at the action parts the story and presentation have to be experienced. A true classic that beats out the PC version even.

Best version of Out of this World too.

Stick with the Genesis version of Flashback. It has the best music and atmosphere.

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: Tatsujin on 11/08/2013, 01:29 AMI like

Super Street Fighter II Turbob
Samurai Showdown
Puzzle bobble
Lemmings (good version but have no mouse. was there even a 3DO mouse?)
Policenauts

Also have Dragons Lair but I think that game is unplayable. what ever I push to what ever timing, I always die instantly. any hints?

actually I only like the 2D games on it, because the 3D (realtime or prerender) was such horrible. All those uber cheesy and super annoying rail shooters..urks.

I only play that crap for teh lulz reason here and there.
There is a mouse for 3DO.  I originally picked it up at Best Buy or Software Etc. yearrrrrrs ago when they when all 3DO stuff was on clearance, probably got it for $2 I'd guess. 
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1280&bih=906&q=3DO+mouse&oq=3DO+mouse&gs_l=img.3..0i24.1012.4195.0.4438.9.6.0.3.3.0.104.545.5j1.6.0....0...1ac.1.31.img..0.9.553.uYXy7OVIfXY#imgdii=_

As for Star Control 2, I had it years ago, but sold it for some lame reason.  I paid $2 for it brand new.  I probably resold it at Game Dude & made some money off of it, but wish I still had it. :(
IMG

Xak

I wonder what the Vivid entertainment adult games were like.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Mathius on 11/08/2013, 08:09 PMI can't get anywhere in Dragon's Lair for the 3DO either. I think it's broken.
The timing on all of the ready soft versions is super precise, you have to be EXACT and if you hit a direction or sword over and over in spots it will kill you. It is not in any way shape or form accurate to the arcade version.
--DragonmasterDan

Xak

geise

please don't ever link racketboy.  thank you.

Xak

what the heck is racketboy?

NecroPhile

Quote from: Xak on 11/12/2013, 12:40 PMwhat the heck is racketboy?
Are you mentally retarded?  I'm not trying to be mean - it's an honest concern.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Xak

Serious, what is wrong with that site?  I find one article that led me to it and you guys talk about "racketboy" like its something famous or infamous.

Care to fill me in on this "racketboy" stuff?

geise

It's a turd of a site that does nothing good for the turbo.

Tatsujin

Quote from: geise on 11/12/2013, 01:02 PMIt's a turd of a site that does nothing good for the turbo.
Oh in that case i finally should give them a visit  :twisted:

VestCunt

Quote from: Xak on 11/12/2013, 09:33 AMa good read

http://www.racketboy.com/retro/3do/the-rarest-and-most-valuable-3do-games
Or read about games that are actually fun to play, written by a writer with good taste and something called opinions:
http://www.retro-sanctuary.com/TOP%2040%203do%20GAMES.html
Topic Adjourned.

CrackTiger

Quote from: VestCunt on 11/12/2013, 06:21 PM
Quote from: Xak on 11/12/2013, 09:33 AMa good read

http://www.racketboy.com/retro/3do/the-rarest-and-most-valuable-3do-games
Or read about games that are actually fun to play, written by a writer with good taste and something called opinions:
http://www.retro-sanctuary.com/TOP%2040%203do%20GAMES.html
"The Rarest and Most Valuable 3DO Games" -or how to spend the most money on the fewest games possible.

"Lucienne's Quest is the second rarest US release- more copies of it were made for the 3do than Dino Park Tycoon but unlike DPT the 3DO was the only platform Lucienne's Quest was released on. Combined with the fact that it is a well regarded RPG, and one of the best games for the 3DO according to those who have been fortunate enough to acquire a copy*, the demand for Lucienne's Quest usually exceeds any demand for Dino Park Tycoon."

When you're looking for advice on finding most expensive games you can buy, it's best to place all of your faith and subsequently spending cash on recommendations from the real experts who know more about this stuff than anyone.

*I was fortunate enough to acquire Lucienne's Quest by walking into Electronics Boutique with the intent to purchase it. Which I did.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

SuperDeadite

Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Tatsujin

Tatsujin

seieienbu

I really liked D when I played it.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Bloufo

Quote from: geise on 11/12/2013, 01:02 PMIt's a turd of a site that does nothing good for the turbo.
Sounds like you got your ass banned from there?

Racketboy is ok.
There are some very informative threads wrt the TG16/PC Engine over there. Mostly by a former member (Breetai). That guy used to be big on most everything to do with NEC range of consoles and peripherals.
I say used to because unfortunately he passed away last December. I believe he was a member here also.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Bloufo on 11/13/2013, 02:56 AMSounds like you got your ass banned from there?

Racketboy is ok.
There are some very informative threads wrt the TG16/PC Engine over there. Mostly by a former member (Breetai). That guy used to be big on most everything to do with NEC range of consoles and peripherals.
I say used to because unfortunately he passed away last December. I believe he was a member here also.
He was known as Firebomber7 here.
--DragonmasterDan