RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

for sale: RGB mod chip

Started by pnauts, 11/28/2013, 10:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pnauts

Hello, for those who want use the PC Engine on Peritel/Scart connector (I use it also on my projector with H and V sync so it would be possible that some VGA screen will accept it), I propose this RGB board. The price is 25€ (with 2 adhesive holders), without shipping. Actually I have 8 pcb available (parts non mounted for the moment). output signals available (RGB, sync, and output for RGB commutation).

Lost: imageshack.us/img196/2439/9plh.jpg

Image Comparison:
CompositeRGB
IMG

turbokon

Nice looking board.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

pnauts

IMG

wyndcrosser

In the first picture, am I seeing S-Video?

pnauts

1st picture ?
the Sy out ? it's sync output.
IMG

pnauts

Your PC engine also deserves a merry xmas.

IMG
IMG
IMG

(*) miss Santa not included :D
IMG

turbokon

Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

pnauts

special price for the 1st board.
20€ without shipping.
 :dance:
IMG

pnauts

IMG

EvilEvoIX

IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

pnauts

First one sold to Belgium. Others available.
and Happy New Year ! :dance:
IMG

bacteria

The CTX chip can be tapped for RGB, S-video or composite; certainly on TurboGrafx. Connecting to a SCART cable is quite simple too, and gives a nice image.

What does this mod offer as extra benefit, just curious - does it work on all versions of systems?
IMG
I AM the BacMan!

pnauts

I don't know what is a CTX chip, I just try it on my Duo with Hsync and Vsync on my Projector, normally with its size, it should fit a PC engine too, so, to answer your question I didn't try it on another console than mine and I'm not interested to use S-video or composite as they are (normally) in lower quality.
I don't think this mod offer extra benefits, because I didn't have the possibility to see another kind of boards, just my previous composite, But I'm happy with the results. The extra test I have to try is to check if it works also on some VGA screens, that would be nice (for example I have a friend who don't care about TV and don't have one, but would appeciate to use its console on his computer screen).
IMG

compil3r

Hello, this is a RGB amp board only right? Could it work with a Commodore RGB monitor? I use it with the RGB from the scart out of some other consoles (like Megadrive) and it works fine.

If it works for what I need, I want one please!

Thanks!

pnauts

Hello, no reason that it's not works, what is your monitor reference ?
You wish use it with a PC engine, a Duo ?
you'll have to modify your console connector side and made a custom cable (or buy it one).
IMG

compil3r

Yes, it's for a Duo.

This is my monitor pinout:

http://www.zimmers.net/cbmpics/cbm/monitors/1084s/pinout.html

I can make a custom cable or connector, no problem.

I will send you PM to buy one, thanks!

pnauts

IMG

PunkCryborg

did you design/make these or do you just have a stock of kits from another source?

pnauts

hello, I done the schematic with my works software (I work in an electronic department) and a subcontractor done the routing, another one done the PCB. I mount the components myself.
IMG

max 330 mega

payment sent. thanks man!
Blast away and go go go!!!

pnauts

And received, thanks you.
I'll test it this week, and send it to you asap.
IMG

pnauts

IMG

wolfman

Do you have one left over? Would it fit into the IFU?
recent addition: Japanese Language Skills, A1 proficiency level
-------------------------------------------------------------
CryptoCoin Warrior
My Setup: PC Engine LT, CD-ROM², IFU-30
AKA woolfman on AtariAge, PlanetVB, Circuit-Board.

pnauts

I have some available but I don't know if it fit the ifu, the board size is 5 cm x 2.5 cm.
IMG

wolfman

Quote from: pnauts on 02/19/2014, 04:25 PMI have some available but I don't know if it fit the ifu, the board size is 5 cm x 2.5 cm.
What height?
CryptoCoin Warrior

pnauts

around 1 cm (without adhesive holders)
IMG

wolfman

Quote from: pnauts on 02/20/2014, 06:08 PMaround 1 cm (without adhesive holders)
Hmm I will have to check for space. Will let you know!
CryptoCoin Warrior

pnauts

some boards sold, hope to have some feedback here from buyers.
IMG

CGQuarterly

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?249063-FS-PC-Engine-TurboGrafx16-RGB-amplifiers

$25 shipped, and is IC-based.  Or for $45 shipped you get the DIN connector and a SCART cable with it.  Probably a better option, at least for those of us located here in the US.

pnauts

IC based too (look 1st picture), But agree with you on US location.
IMG

CGQuarterly

Yeah, sorry, I realized that after I posted.  I'm sure that they are both excellent products, but between the Euro/Dollar conversion and international shipping, I'm figuring that your product would probably run me about $40 shipped.

pnauts

next to that amount, yes, possible.
I sold one to US and 1 to MX recently, if buyer pass here, they could indicate you.
otherwise, nothing to deal with that but I did try recently to use it with my IIama screen, unfortunately the resolution is not supported (I have to test with another VGA screens)
IMG

wolfman

I would like to recommend this mod to everyone living in PAL world trying to get a decent RGB (NOT component) signal. I am very happy with the picture quality on my CRT TV, I get clear colours and crisp blacks, very clean. I am using it on my current setup in my briefcase unit.

The chip is very small, comes with matching adhesive clips to mount inside wherever there is space. It worked right from the start for me, there is no pot to adjust. I am using it with an RCA to SCART customized cable capable of the necessary 6 signals passing thru (R,G,B,Blanking,5V,GND).

For the technically not so equiped a manual how to and what to solder would be a good thing. This is missing at the moment and would help starters, I'd say.

Price and shipping is fair IMO.
CryptoCoin Warrior

pnauts

thanks for your feedback Wolfman. I have user's manual but I send it by email (Perhaps I didn't had yours) rather to include paper one. Nevertheless user's manual deserve to be a few improved.
IMG

pnauts

IMG

NightWolve

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 04/01/2014, 10:03 AMI'm sure that they are both excellent products, but between the Euro/Dollar conversion and international shipping, I'm figuring that your product would probably run me about $40 shipped.
Not just cause of the that, but the designer of broken's RGB amp really looks like he knows what he's talking about. I would definitely go with his design over others for multiple reasons if I wanted RGB output. There's a PCEFX thread here already:

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=16556.0

pnauts

I work also in electronic department :wink:
IMG

pnauts

IMG

pnauts

last one (before a new batch). thanks to buyers for their confidence.
IMG

Glossectomy

Just wanted to say this amp works great and is super easy to install. Working perfectly in my supergrafx and here's a few shots.

IMG
IMG
IMG

pnauts

thanks you for the feedback, if you have at less 1 composite screen to compare, it would be nice.
Enjoy your SGFX !
IMG

pnauts

Some boards on the road.
Available probably at the mi august.
IMG

pnauts

IMG

pnauts

Up!

4 sold.
2 ready to ship.
IMG

pnauts

Mounted one in a SCD².
and Up! (boards also available on Ebay).
IMG

MotherGunner

How would this work in the U.S.?  I imagine it won't work on our T.V.'s?
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

pnauts

Do you have scart on your TV ?
if yes it works.
IMG

pnauts

To celebrate my daughters's birthday, price is reduce to 20€ all the week.
IMG

pnauts

IMG

pnauts

2-3 boards available by the end of next week.
IMG