PC Engine IFU won't load CDs

Started by Arkhan Asylum, 12/07/2013, 08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkhan Asylum

My PC Engine IFU for the Briefcase unit won't load CDs.

Pyramid Plunder loads the Aetherbyte splash screen and never the actual game.

no commercial games seem to work.

If I go into the backup RAM menu on the IFU, all of the text is like, cut in half or missing stuff.

Is it possible the IFU took a shit?

If so, now what?

It's been RGB modded, so I'd kind of hate to have to ditch it.

HuCard games work through it
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

BlueBMW

[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

thesteve

Try reseating the ram board 2

Arkhan Asylum

Too bad it requires a security bit to get open.

It worked fine before I sent it out to get RGB modded/etc.

Does that kind of mod go near the RAM board? 

The thing's never quite been usable ever since modding it.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Keith Courage

I've seen this happen a few times when the rear contacts for the CD drive are dirty. Give them a good scrubbing with toothbrush and rubbing alcohol.

Arkhan Asylum

Tried that awhile ago, and then I realized the drives work in a different IFU, lol.

The big thing of note is that the BRAM menu's font is half chopped away.   Somethin be borked.

Keith Courage

Most likely a bad ram chip or broken traces. Probably cheaper to get another one than to pay someone to fix it.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Keith Courage on 12/12/2013, 09:54 PMMost likely a bad ram chip or broken traces. Probably cheaper to get another one than to pay someone to fix it.
Screw that.  I paid 50$ for an RGB mod and haven't even gotten to use it yet. 

That, and I have the box for this one with matching serial numbers!