10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

2014 Midwest Gaming Classic

Started by Bardoly, 01/22/2014, 05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bardoly

So, who's going to the 2014 Midwest Gaming Classic?

It will be on Saturday & Sunday, April 12-13 in Brookfield, WI (near Milwaukee).

Unless something happens to our schedule, my sister and I should be there again this year.  Last year was our first time to attend, and we really enjoyed it.

majors

I'm planning on it...and bringing another local (to my area) along to meet the obey heads. Don't worry, he does not drink as much as me. It's been too long since I was able to make a MGC...I canceled a tourney for it...it's serious, yo.

Save the Spotted Cow, I'm coming!
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

OldRover

I was planning to finally attend this year, but it looks like it's not going to happen once again.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

chany60126

Barring any setbacks at work, I should be there.

Opethian

IMG

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: Opethian on 01/23/2014, 09:18 AMplane ticket booked
!
BEST THANG EVAR!!!

For those looking for more info, please check out the official site here for booking hotels and convention hours/events.  It's shaping up to be literally, the BIGGEST event yet!!

This year we're looking for even more input and participation from everyone coming!  We're opening up the Museum/gaming area longer for more gaming and enjoyment! 

IMG

Returning to MGC is TURBO FEST!  An entire room dedicated to everything NEC.  We're going to have a rokken banner up with promotional sponsorship from Aetherbutt, The PC Engine Software Bible, Epona Soft and a cheap plug for the HuPack's HuCast.  ;)

If anyone is looking to participate, loan us games/consoles/projects/books/toys etc or whatever at the time of the convention we'll gladly add them to our event!!  Just let myself, Matthius, BlueBMW or Jeffy Lewis know via PM or email.  =)

Can't wait to hang out with everything again this year!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

roflmao

I'm hoping to make it.  I just started a new job and want to get a little more "cred" in there before asking for some time off (I'll likely drive up), but I think it's a "probably" atm. Very excited to see y'all again!

majors

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 01/23/2014, 09:46 AMIf anyone is looking to participate, loan us games/consoles/projects/books/toys etc or whatever at the time of the convention we'll gladly add them to our event!!  Just let myself, Matthius, BlueBMW or Jeffy Lewis know via PM or email.  =)
If you have a whole room, will you need more systems? Or are doing gun games + turbo in the room? I can pack up a system if we just want MORE. A Shuttle or Duo can fit easy on my carry-on, not like games take up much room.
TG/PCE Collection.

turboswimbz

I wanted to make this, but starting a hopefully new job very well may change those plans .  Swimby Sad.  :(
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

munchiaz

i want to go but i plan on moving a month after this event, so my money will be tied up

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: majors on 01/24/2014, 09:18 AM
Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 01/23/2014, 09:46 AMIf anyone is looking to participate, loan us games/consoles/projects/books/toys etc or whatever at the time of the convention we'll gladly add them to our event!!  Just let myself, Matthius, BlueBMW or Jeffy Lewis know via PM or email.  =)
If you have a whole room, will you need more systems? Or are doing gun games + turbo in the room? I can pack up a system if we just want MORE. A Shuttle or Duo can fit easy on my carry-on, not like games take up much room.
We could definitely use the shuttle!  That'll look super sweet!!

As for a solid list on consoles/games to bring -I'm sure we'll move around some things regarding the plans for the event, but for now the more you guys can bring to be involved, the less crap I have to bring with.  ;)
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

CGQuarterly

Wish I could be there.  Milwaukee is not a convenient place to get to from California, unfortunately.

BlueBMW

Lots of peeps fly in ;)

Ill be driving.  Its only 600 miles.  Next year will be tougher though...
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

wildfruit

I might walk the 4000 miles

Sent from my Lumia 520 on Scabb Island using Tapatalk

tggodfrey

I will prolly find a way to be there.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

jeffhlewis

I'm in as always, along with two buddies who are coming to help out with the museum room. I'll be manning the lightgun area again this year, though luckily it sounds like we'll all be in one big area vs. being split off into hotel rooms like last year. This should be the best one yet based on what we've been told by the powers-that-be.

On a sidenote -I've been tasked with trying to get volunteers for an All-Sega and All-Neo-Geo room for the show...I've reach out to a few people to try and get the ball rolling but was curious if anyone either 1.) knew of someone who'd love to help do this or 2.) wants to do it themselves.

For the rooms - what we need is someone to take the reigns and organize the setup of the room (what games go in, sourcing the TVs, systems and games, etc).

Please PM me or respond if you guys know of anyone or if you're interested yourself.

Mathius

I am going obviously. Everything else...what Josh and Jeff said. :)

I am sorry (very sorry!) to hear you can't make it, Rovie. :(

Flare65

I'll be going as well.  Not sure if I'll get a hotel or not.  Its about two hours one way for me.  Anyone know what time it starts?

jeffhlewis

Quote from: Flare65 on 01/25/2014, 09:46 PMI'll be going as well.  Not sure if I'll get a hotel or not.  Its about two hours one way for me.  Anyone know what time it starts?
Usually it starts around 10 or 11am on Saturday I believe.

Since we're all in the same general vicinity this year (vs. the distributed room setup last year) we should all meet up at some point. Maybe Saturday night?

Majors - any beer requests? ;)

Mathius

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 01/25/2014, 10:37 PM
Quote from: Flare65 on 01/25/2014, 09:46 PMI'll be going as well.  Not sure if I'll get a hotel or not.  Its about two hours one way for me.  Anyone know what time it starts?

Since we're all in the same general vicinity this year (vs. the distributed room setup last year) we should all meet up at some point. Maybe Saturday night?

Maybe we can hit that pizza place that JD doesn't like. Which means, of course, that we will drag JD along with us. :P

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 01/23/2014, 09:46 AMReturning to MGC is TURBO FEST!  An entire room dedicated to everything NEC.  We're going to have a rokken banner up with promotional sponsorship from Aetherbutt, The PC Engine Software Bible, Epona Soft and a cheap plug for the HuPack's HuCast.  ;)

If anyone is looking to participate, loan us games/consoles/projects/books/toys etc or whatever at the time of the convention we'll gladly add them to our event!!  Just let myself, Matthius, BlueBMW or Jeffy Lewis know via PM or email.  =)
WOOOO!!! The list of sponsors for this year's MGC Turbo Fest section has grown!!  It should look all professional and such with that sweet banner!  Now if only Aaron Nanto knew how to respond to an email or PM we'd try to get the PCEFX site put up there as well.....

majors

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 01/25/2014, 10:37 PMMajors - any beer requests? ;)
Yes, beers and many. I'm flying up Friday evening to get a head start of killing that Spotted Cow tap at the bar. We should get Blue to grab a case or two of Yuengling.
TG/PCE Collection.

bartre

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 01/25/2014, 10:32 AMI'm in as always, along with two buddies who are coming to help out with the museum room. I'll be manning the lightgun area again this year, though luckily it sounds like we'll all be in one big area vs. being split off into hotel rooms like last year. This should be the best one yet based on what we've been told by the powers-that-be.

On a sidenote -I've been tasked with trying to get volunteers for an All-Sega and All-Neo-Geo room for the show...I've reach out to a few people to try and get the ball rolling but was curious if anyone either 1.) knew of someone who'd love to help do this or 2.) wants to do it themselves.

For the rooms - what we need is someone to take the reigns and organize the setup of the room (what games go in, sourcing the TVs, systems and games, etc).

Please PM me or respond if you guys know of anyone or if you're interested yourself.
I might know a guy who can help on the sega end. lemme talk to him.

Quote from: BlueBMW on 01/25/2014, 08:52 AMLots of peeps fly in ;)

Ill be driving.  Its only 600 miles.  Next year will be tougher though...
I thought we discussed this :)

Flare65

Quote from: Mathius on 01/26/2014, 07:52 PM

Maybe we can hit that pizza place that JD doesn't like. Which means, of course, that we will drag JD along with us. :P
What Pizza place would that be?  There are only like three or four god tier pizza restaurants in Chicagoland.  Lou Malnati's, Uno's, Giordano's and Rosati's.

chany60126

Quote from: Flare65 on 01/27/2014, 10:50 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 01/26/2014, 07:52 PM

What Pizza place would that be?  There are only like three or four god tier pizza restaurants in Chicagoland.  Lou Malnati's, Uno's, Giordano's and Rosati's.
Roundhead Pizza in Lombard, IL is another top tier one. Not sure if you are aware or not, but we have been going to that restaurant after every VGS and Octurbofest. I like their deep dish a lot more than Giordano's.

jeffhlewis

Quote from: Flare65 on 01/27/2014, 10:50 PMWhat Pizza place would that be?  There are only like three or four god tier pizza restaurants in Chicagoland.  Lou Malnati's, Uno's, Giordano's and Rosati's.
Seeing as we'll be about an hour and a half north of Chicago for the show, you're going to REALLY want some pizza to go that far ;)

Everything around the Brookfield Sheraton is chain restaurant central - I think Mati's talking about a Pizzeria Uno that's a block away from the hotel.

If people are interested in exploring a bit, there's much better options when you get outside of the Brookfield area. And if anyone is in town a day early, I live right downtown in Milwaukee and have a spare couch to crash on.

OldRover

Well, I may still be able to come but I am not sure just yet. Gonna try like hell to make it happen. I have everything arranged on this end already, now I just need the funds to afford it.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Mathius

Quote from: OldRover on 02/10/2014, 02:50 PMWell, I may still be able to come but I am not sure just yet. Gonna try like hell to make it happen. I have everything arranged on this end already, now I just need the funds to afford it.
*keeps fingers crossed*

Mathius

Quick bump. We are a little more than six weeks from showtime! My retro senses are already tingling. Here is some info on areas some of your very own PCFXers are passionately arranging for at this time.

Classic Gaming and Computer Museum

The playable Classic Gaming and Computer Museum is one of the most exciting, longest running exhibits at the Midwest Gaming Classic! This one-of-a-kind museum contains one of the largest collections of systems from the very early computer & TV systems all the way up to modern systems such as the Xbox One, Playstation 4 and Wii U! Unlike most museums where you can just look but you cannot touch, this museum has almost every console for you to grab a controller and play! Whether it is remembering the fun you had with a Colecovision or an NES when you were younger, or if you want a chance to try out a system that you never got to play like a TurboDuo or a Vectrex, the Classic Gaming and Computing Museum allows you to play all of these and more!
What Will Be There?

In 2014, the Midwest Gaming Classic Museum will be expanded even more than 2013! The Classic Gaming and Computing Museum even includes many additional displays throughout its hallways. Basically, the mantra of this unique 'wing' of the show is that if it can fit a gaming device, it probably will! New for 2014, the CG&CM will feature a new 3,000+ square foot exhibit featuring some of the most popular attractions from years past as well as some new ones! These include the following:

The classic Electronic Entertainment Museum (E2M) museum will return with classic computers and game consoles from the earliest pong machines up until the NES.
    The popular Midwest Light Gun Association (MLGA) will return with an even larger display full of some of the most popular light gun games including Duck Hunt, Elemental Gearbolt, Crossbow, Deadstorm Pirates, and House of the Dead 4.
    Prove your virtual street fighting prowess in the MGC Fight Club! Play current and classic head to head fighting games ranging from Super Street Fighter IV and Killer Instinct to cult classics like Astra Superstars.
    See the best in overseas gaming in the Nippon Import Group's section where you'll find classics like the Famicom Disk, oddities like the FM Towns Marty and Sharp X68000, as well as more recent popular imports for systems like the PlayStation 2.
    The Versus Room returns in 2014 with even more score chasing and tournaments including the popular Midwest Tetris Championship!
    Console Wars will pit various consoles against one another on Saturday like just who had the best version of Street Fighter 2, and then on Sunday many of the popular platform mascots will make an appearance including Mario and Sonic!
    A new Shmup the Core! area will be added in 2014 featuring some of the best in shmup gaming like MUSHA, Gradius, and cult favorites like Keio's Flying Squadron.
    A new Friends & Enemies area will feature the best in co-op and competitive gaming across most genres like sports, fighting, action, puzzle, and first person shooters.

This area will also feature the return of several standalone title exhibits including 10-player Saturn Bomberman on multiple TVs! The CG&CM will also feature rooms spread across the entire MGC including one of the most popular and long-running exhibits, the Underdog Chamber, with its extensive Quake and Steel Battalion networks. The LAN Room will return with a slate of popular first person shooters and tournaments including Call of Duty: Ghosts. There will also be a number of different fan-led rooms for some of the most popular companies including a room dedicated to Sega and its platforms, the popular Atari Jaguar Festival (Jagfest) will return, as well as additional rooms that will be announced in the weeks ahead! Overall it is going to be a big year for the MGC's Classic Gaming and Computing Museum, so be sure to watch us in the coming weeks and find out more about how you can join the group that puts the museum together!

Flare65

Quote from: chany60126 on 01/27/2014, 11:08 PMRoundhead Pizza in Lombard, IL is another top tier one. Not sure if you are aware or not, but we have been going to that restaurant after every VGS and Octurbofest. I like their deep dish a lot more than Giordano's.
Yeah, I usually miss the pizza gathering be it VGS or Octurbofest/Gallaping Ghost meetups.  Not to dis your pizza place, but Roundheads uses a frozen crust....  Yeah, I know I'm a pizza snob!

majors

Quote from: Flare65 on 02/22/2014, 08:34 PMbut Roundheads uses a frozen crust.... 
But Stella on tap. For me, the "stuffed" pizza is over...I'll stick with stock pie. It's cooks faster and I'm not left with massive leftovers. Still, noobs gotta get it at least once.

As for the frozen part, I'll wait for Yelp-master Dan to chime in.
TG/PCE Collection.

BlueBMW

So... how much Yuengling do I need to bring up?
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 02/23/2014, 10:28 AMSo... how much Yuengling do I need to bring up?
Beer? Is it light or dark?

BlueBMW

Quote from: Mathius on 02/23/2014, 11:07 AM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 02/23/2014, 10:28 AMSo... how much Yuengling do I need to bring up?
I have no idea... I dont really drink beer.

Bernie

They make both sir.  :)  Black and Tan is a dark lager, the regular is still a tad dark, but not opaque by any means.  It's a really good tasting beer however, specially in a frosty mug!

majors

It's really for Jeff since it's not distributed up there. I say a twelve of bottles if you want to be classy. I'm a case(24) of cans guy myself, but I can walk to the bar or Fresh Market and pickup something.
TG/PCE Collection.

jeffhlewis

Quote from: majors on 02/23/2014, 10:36 PM
It's really for Jeff since it's not distributed up there. I say a twelve of bottles if you want to be classy. I'm a case(24) of cans guy myself, but I can walk to the bar or Fresh Market and pickup something.
Beemer - if you could grab a 24 pack of cans that'd be awesome. I'll reimburse you of course. Yuengling is a rare commodity up in these parts.

bartre

ahhh, that reminds me, Empyrean should be doing more Fallen Angel soon.
i really wish that wasn't a seasonal brew.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Flare65 on 01/27/2014, 10:50 PMWhat Pizza place would that be?  There are only like three or four god tier pizza restaurants in Chicagoland.  Lou Malnati's, Uno's, Giordano's and Rosati's.
Just a few notes, last I knew Roundheads was not using a frozen crust for their stuffed pizza.

With regards to "God Tier". You mentioned four chains which have wide variation from day to day let alone location to location.

Lou Malnati's varies wildly from location to location with some serving extremely soggy over buttered deep dish. Not only that but sometimes you're practically just getting unseasoned stewed tomato's on top of your deep dish rather than anything that resembles sauce. I've experienced non-soggy pizza with actual sauce and soggy pizza with tomato chunks on the top from the same location (near my office) before.

Uno's (the original and Due) are generally pretty good but the franchised locations are completely different using different preparation processes and ingredients.

Rosati's varies wildly from franchise to franchise with some locations making things almost entirely differently than others.

Giordano's has some wide variation as well. I've come across many a burned stuffed pizza there, heavily unprocessed sauce (not to the same degree of tomato chunks found at Lou Malnati's mind you), among other issues. Even the Glen Ellyn location has really inconsistent sauce where sometimes it's a thick mix of tomato flavor with good seasoning and a solid viscosity other teams being a thin layer of red grease coming up from the cheese below.
--DragonmasterDan

turboswimbz

Quote from: Bernie on 02/23/2014, 04:02 PM
They make both sir.  :)  Black and Tan is a dark lager, the regular is still a tad dark, but not opaque by any means.  It's a really good tasting beer however, specially in a frosty mug!
It's a true [German style] lager as Bernie said, There isn't really anything to similar to it, that I can think of off the top of my head anyway.  the best way to describe it is a rich amber like description they use. The original clearly not for the light bear drinker, It's got a slight hoppy, but still dry, sweet unique flavor. Use to go to school and hour away from the brewery. Made a good Saturday run. hmmm fresh beer.

http://www.yuengling.com/our_beer/

They do make several other flavors including lighter and darker beers, but good luck finding them outside the Mid Atlantic.  ohhh and Fl.  I to believe they have a brewery down there.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

jeffhlewis

Yuengling is a "lager", much more so than the piss water that Miller and Budweiser sell. But don't get it twisted - Yuengling is still very much a bargain bin purchase. I lust after it though because it's not sold in the Midwest and I'm nostalgic for it because we used to drink that back in High School growing up. It's just really good, cheap beer.

Living in Milwaukee has made me the biggest beer snob on earth, though. We have more microbreweries in this town than I know what to do with.

420GOAT

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 02/25/2014, 10:08 AM
Yuengling is a "lager", much more so than the piss water that Miller and Budweiser sell. But don't get it twisted - Yuengling is still very much a bargain bin purchase. I lust after it though because it's not sold in the Midwest and I'm nostalgic for it because we used to drink that back in High School growing up. It's just really good, cheap beer.

Living in Milwaukee has made me the biggest beer snob on earth, though. We have more microbreweries in this town than I know what to do with.
i dont have time for that shit, it gets in the way of me getting drunk, i go to the same store, where they keep my highlife 40 cold, until im ready to pick it up....hows that for snobbery?
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car.

Flare65

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 02/25/2014, 05:27 AM
Just a few notes, last I knew Roundheads was not using a frozen crust for their stuffed pizza.

With regards to "God Tier". You mentioned four chains which have wide variation from day to day let alone location to location.

Lou Malnati's varies wildly from location to location with some serving extremely soggy over buttered deep dish. Not only that but sometimes you're practically just getting unseasoned stewed tomato's on top of your deep dish rather than anything that resembles sauce. I've experienced non-soggy pizza with actual sauce and soggy pizza with tomato chunks on the top from the same location (near my office) before.

Uno's (the original and Due) are generally pretty good but the franchised locations are completely different using different preparation processes and ingredients.

Rosati's varies wildly from franchise to franchise with some locations making things almost entirely differently than others.

Giordano's has some wide variation as well. I've come across many a burned stuffed pizza there, heavily unprocessed sauce (not to the same degree of tomato chunks found at Lou Malnati's mind you), among other issues. Even the Glen Ellyn location has really inconsistent sauce where sometimes it's a thick mix of tomato flavor with good seasoning and a solid viscosity other teams being a thin layer of red grease coming up from the cheese below.
I think I opened a can of worms with this one!  I have not noticed the wide variation of quality you listed at all and I've eaten these places routinely for years.

Lou Malnati's -   I usually eat at the downtown Naperville or the Elk Grove Village locations.  The pizza pie is consistently been the same at both locations.  I have noticed that if you order the deep dish to go and let it sit 20 minutes before you eat it, it gets soggy.  Eating it fresh in the restaurant is never like this...  maybe since it never leaves the hot metal pan the pizza sits in. 

Giordano's - Consistant from location to location. 

Uno's - Consistant from location to location.

Rosati's - Same consistancey no matter where I ordered from in the Chicago area.  I can't speak for any other location outside the Chicagoland area... (I.e. Champaign IL??)

Everyone has their own opinion and I respect that.  Sorry you got some bum pies from the places I mentioned as  I really enjoy all of them.  We live close enough to each other we should meet up sometime and talk games and I'll buy the pizza.

jeffhlewis

Even though Gino's East is a tourist trap shithole, this recipe is actually really really good:
Gino's East Style Pizza At Home

Quote from: 420GOAT on 02/25/2014, 07:13 PMi dont have time for that shit, it gets in the way of me getting drunk, i go to the same store, where they keep my highlife 40 cold, until im ready to pick it up....hows that for snobbery?
Dude if you're trying to get drunk on the cheap you're doing it wrong:

IMG

roflmao

When I lived in NC, my go-to cheap beer was Yeungling. Way better than the other cheapies.  Haven't found anything like it out here in MO. Resorted to Rolling Rock. :(

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Flare65 on 02/25/2014, 09:38 PMI think I opened a can of worms with this one!  I have not noticed the wide variation of quality you listed at all and I've eaten these places routinely for years.

Lou Malnati's -   I usually eat at the downtown Naperville or the Elk Grove Village locations.  The pizza pie is consistently been the same at both locations.  I have noticed that if you order the deep dish to go and let it sit 20 minutes before you eat it, it gets soggy.  Eating it fresh in the restaurant is never like this...  maybe since it never leaves the hot metal pan the pizza sits in. 

Giordano's - Consistant from location to location. 

Uno's - Consistant from location to location.

Rosati's - Same consistancey no matter where I ordered from in the Chicago area.  I can't speak for any other location outside the Chicagoland area... (I.e. Champaign IL??)

Everyone has their own opinion and I respect that.  Sorry you got some bum pies from the places I mentioned as  I really enjoy all of them.  We live close enough to each other we should meet up sometime and talk games and I'll buy the pizza.
Yep, you're within walking distance of my house. We can definitely figure something out between now and MGC.

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 02/25/2014, 09:59 PMEven though Gino's East is a tourist trap shithole, this recipe is actually really really good:
Gino's East Style Pizza At Home
I like Gino's East. But I've run into slight inconsistencies there as well. About 8 times out of 10 it's good, 1 time it will be a little off, and 1 time they'll ruin it.
--DragonmasterDan

majors

Quote from: guest on 02/25/2014, 11:47 PMResorted to Rolling Rock. :(
My fallback goto is High Life. Like 420goat, I also have many personal attendants that keep it on hand and cold for me about everywhere in the US.

A local store starting carrying Stoney's as an alternative to PBR.
IMG

My neighbor who moved down from the north swears by Old Style
IMG
TG/PCE Collection.

roflmao

Quote from: majors on 02/26/2014, 09:50 AMMy fallback goto is High Life. Like 420goat, I also have many personal attendants that keep it on hand and cold for me about everywhere in the US.

IMG

My neighbor who moved down from the north swears by Old Style
IMG
I had *a lot* of High Life back in college so whenever I have drink that now it reminds me of the good/bad/ugly old days.  Mostly good.

I used to drink PBR, but I think because its so popular with the hipsters these days, the price has gone up. Stoneys doesn't look like a cheap PBR alternative. I'll keep an eye out for it.

I've never tried Old Style either. The sad thing is the local "discount" beer and liquor store charges more than the local grocery store. And the local grocery store has a pretty limited selection.  I have to drive a good 15 minutes away to find a decent selection, and I'm just too lazy for that.

Back on topic, I'm still planning to make it up to MGC this year as well, though the crystal ball is still a bit hazy due to work craziness and me not being with them very long.

majors

Quote from: guest on 02/26/2014, 11:34 PMBack on topic, I'm still planning to make it up to MGC this year as well, though the crystal ball is still a bit hazy due to work craziness and me not being with them very long.
Make it happen! Just say you had pre-existing plan for that wknd...like a wedding. Crossing fingers for a NC reunite in Milwaukie.
TG/PCE Collection.

jeffhlewis

I'm missing a wedding out east for MGC. Duty calls.