OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Riffing the Turbografx Demo Video

Started by technozombie, 02/06/2014, 02:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

technozombie

I'm not a big fan of this type of stuff but it has a couple of funny parts.

pulstar

Those guys don't happen to be the same guys on the cover of this do they?

IMG

I always forget how bad adverts were back in the day, but I think the games they showed did show off the Turbo pretty well...just those two guys dancing to the CD add on killed me :lol:

The riffing part was ok, I guess, but like you know I'm not a big fan.
My favourite pigeon had a fatal run-in with a cloud...

Psycho Punch

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA
no. try again.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Dicer

Lasted 30 seconds...

RoyVegas

Opened for lulz, closed when none were found.
All is well. :)

technozombie

Quote from: RoyVegas on 02/06/2014, 11:36 AMOpened for lulz, closed when none were found.
lol this is the kind of response I expected. the video was done by pat the nes punk and some others. I think he should stick to the goofy reviews rather than the riffing.

ToyMachine78

Quote from: technozombie on 02/06/2014, 03:23 PM
Quote from: RoyVegas on 02/06/2014, 11:36 AMOpened for lulz, closed when none were found.
lol this is the kind of response I expected. the video was done by pat the nes punk and some others. I think he should stick to the goofy reviews rather than the riffing.
It wasn't bad, got a few laughs from it. As cheezy that infomercial was, it was typical for the time.

RoyVegas

Quote from: guest on 02/06/2014, 03:41 PMIt wasn't bad, got a few laughs from it. As cheezy that infomercial was, it was typical for the time.
Cheezy?!?!?  All I saw was pure awesome.
All is well. :)

ToyMachine78

Yeah I'd consider the acting of the two goofballs pretty cheezy.

YANDMAN

I absolutely love all old video game adverts they are brilliant and the Turbo ones especially this one are some of the best, This is when you used to look at things with actual anticipation and excitement......They never get old.

You notice the current Zelda advert has retorted back to live action like all the classic ads were.

ToyMachine78

The first Zelda advert was bizarre. Some dude running through a dark hallway or something going tek - tek !

technozombie

These 2 commercials both made me want the games. One shows game play one doesn't show any at all lol.
(Bonk)

Secret of Mana Commercial USA / French Subtitle (Secret of Mana)

YANDMAN

This is maybe a little less known but its totally great:

YANDMAN

Quote from: guest on 02/07/2014, 10:16 PMThe first Zelda advert was bizarre. Some dude running through a dark hallway or something going tek - tek !
It was the second one i was thinking of:

pulstar

That Secret of Mana advert is pretty nice. In the UK we didn't really have too many TV adverts for videogames during the early 90s (at least not many I can remember), and even now there are only the odd occasional advert for big releases and they end about 2 weeks after release date.

DildoKKKobold

IMG

My favorite game! Nuetopia[sic]!
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

ToyMachine78

Quote from: YANDMAN on 02/08/2014, 05:17 AMThis is maybe a little less known but its totally great:
That was a great commercial. But why didn't they just stick with the Gunhed  title? And create better box art? I'm telling you, the NEC/Hudson/TTI marketing team needs its ass kicked!!

ToyMachine78

Quote from: guest on 02/07/2014, 10:16 PMThe first Zelda advert was bizarre. Some dude running through a dark hallway or something going tek - tek !
This is the Zelda commercial I remember. And I specifically remember thinking the game was crap based on this commercial, by when I saw it at a friends house it was instant love:-) Goes to show that Nintendo had its marketing failures too!

pulstar

Quote from: guest on 02/08/2014, 01:56 PMThat was a great commercial. But why didn't they just stick with the Gunhed  title? And create better box art? I'm telling you, the NEC/Hudson/TTI marketing team needs its ass kicked!!
Gunhed was a tie-in with a manga/anime (don't remember which) and I suppose it would have meant licensing fees etc. I'm sure a few gfx were changed to take any references to the Gunhed manga/anime out. Box art is a different story though...I can't excuse that.

ToyMachine78

I see there is a lot of new folks here.... y'all need some avatar pics!!!

Psycho Punch

I like this Spatterhouse ad... NEC didn't do so bad in the marketing department, their mistake was to advertise only on big metropolitan areas... fail on a country of the size of US.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

ToyMachine78

^^^Holy shit!!! That was an awesome commercial!

technozombie

Quote from: guest on 02/08/2014, 03:29 PMI like this Spatterhouse ad... NEC didn't do so bad in the marketing department, their mistake was to advertise only on big metropolitan areas... fail on a country of the size of US.
This is a great commercial.  Although gaming in general is more popular than ever it seems like there is fewer TV commercials.

ToyMachine78

Yeah... the only commercials I see are for some COD  bullshit

TurboXray

Quote from: technozombie on 02/06/2014, 02:31 AMI'm not a big fan of this type of stuff but it has a couple of funny parts.
I laughed at a few parts. Reminds me of MST3k. It's supposed to, I guess?

Mzo

Yeah, either that or the eventual spinoff RiffTrax.

It wasn't bad!  I laughed at a few parts.
HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
My Backloggery

Joe Redifer

I was surprised to find that this was fellow forum member Pat the NES Punk and two of his friends. I don't know who they are. I agree with most people here, this style of video just isn't that funny. In fact it's something that 8-year-old me would create (to show to my 8-year-old peers). We'd all definitely laugh hard but then again we'd be 8 years old. If you want to pick apart a cheesy video, there are better ways. Do a parody of it, for example.

jeffhlewis

I actually remember that Secret of Mana ad airing in the U.S...literally only saw it 2-3 times though. There was also some kind of claymation ad for Final Fantasy 6 also around the same time...

This one!
Final Fantasy III/VI Ad

technozombie

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 02/09/2014, 10:41 PMI actually remember that Secret of Mana ad airing in the U.S...literally only saw it 2-3 times though. There was also some kind of claymation ad for Final Fantasy 6 also around the same time...

This one!
Final Fantasy III/VI Ad
Holy crap, I totally forgot about that commercial. Too bad Square(Enix)'s advertising isn't the only thing that was better back then.

YANDMAN

Quote from: pulstar on 02/08/2014, 02:13 PM
Quote from: guest on 02/08/2014, 01:56 PMThat was a great commercial. But why didn't they just stick with the Gunhed  title? And create better box art? I'm telling you, the NEC/Hudson/TTI marketing team needs its ass kicked!!
Gunhed was a tie-in with a manga/anime (don't remember which) and I suppose it would have meant licensing fees etc. I'm sure a few gfx were changed to take any references to the Gunhed manga/anime out. Box art is a different story though...I can't excuse that.
Uhhhhhhhhh 'Gunhed'