Continuing with the string of newbies!

Started by kentuckycc, 02/25/2014, 10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kentuckycc

Just wanted to take a break from studying and skimming the forum to say hi! Great site and resource for an awesome console.

I just recently started getting into the tubografx. I was a nintendo kid, but my (rich) best friend had a turbografx growing up and I was always jealous of it. The cards are so cool. I had kind of forgotten about it until recently. I've always been a big fan of Working Designs, so after reading about some of the cool exclusive games for tubografx, I took the plunge and bought a turboduo on ebay for 250$ with a few games. It was a good enough deal.

Fast forward a year or so, NO REGRETS. So many good games. I don't keep many in my collection since they are expensive, but I've sold some of my other games/systems to get more because I love the thing so much!

Right now I have:

Turboduo (No mods, original sound caps  #-o)
Keith Courage
Bonk
Alien Crush
Military madness (LOOOOOVE)
Ys 1,2
YsIII (LOVE!)
Cosmic Fantasy 2
R-type

I also just bought an extra controller, multitap, and extension cords for some good multiplayer bomberman when I can afford the 4-1 pack in disk. Looking forward to reading your posts and finding some great gems I've never heard of!

kycc

kentuckycc

QuoteToo many new people. My welcome mat is tread barren...

piss off.

har har... i jest! Sounds like you got a killer deal on the turbo duo, and have some very nice games for it!  You should check out Ys IV and the English patch Deucebag made for it (just kidding, nightwolve! Eff deuce).  Just be sure to burn it at the lowest possible speed on the nicest cd-r you can find.

There is a ton of info on these forums. Enjoy your stay!
I'm going to have to try to burn a few games for it. I've had great luck with burning 3DO games (most worked), and terrible luck with burning Sega CD games (None worked). So I'll see how this goes when I get my hands on a CD burner I can play around with! I've been wanting to play the fourth one since it has the aspects from the first that I loved (the "collision" combat) and the magic (which is always my favorite part of a JRPG). Thanks!

NecroPhile

Welcome aboard.  Make sure you get that Duo recapped soon, before the cap juice ruins something on the board.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

kentuckycc

QuoteWelcome aboard.  Make sure you get that Duo recapped soon, before the cap juice ruins something on the board.
Where is a good place to get it recapped? I would love to have it done, but I don't have the technical knowhow myself, and I don't know of any reputable places to have it done.

NecroPhile

Fellow members chop5, blueBMW, thesteve, turbokon, and keithcourage (and surely others I'm forgetting) all fix stuff and do good work.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

HailingTheThings

:-({|= Hi  :-({|=

Welcome aboard, sir.

"Everyone" keeps saying "Obey." So... should probably do that, yeah?

Also. lol cap juice.  ](*,)
IMG

bob

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 02/26/2014, 05:08 PM"Everyone" keeps saying "Obey." So... should probably do that, yeah?
It's a rite of passage.  You have to read all 40 pages and even contribute if you feel creative.
No avoiding it, you have to read it.  Every one of you noobs.

START HERE...

and HI YA BUD!

HailingTheThings

Quote from: galam on 02/27/2014, 09:39 PM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 02/26/2014, 05:08 PM"Everyone" keeps saying "Obey." So... should probably do that, yeah?
It's a rite of passage.  You have to read all 40 pages and even contribute if you feel creative.
No avoiding it, you have to read it.  Every one of you noobs.

START HERE...

and HI YA BUD!

Working on it!
IMG

kentuckycc

I've obeyed for a while and didn't even know it O.o

And I got through all 41 pages today haha.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: kentuckycc on 03/01/2014, 12:15 AMI've obeyed for a while and didn't even know it O.o

And I got through all 41 pages today haha.
I, too, also did that thing that you just said as well...also. Some fun stuff, some pretty darn fun stuff. Darn.
IMG

esteban

Quote from: kentuckycc on 02/25/2014, 10:33 PMRight now I have:

Keith Courage
Bonk
Alien Crush
Ys 1,2
YsIII (LOVE!)
Cosmic Fantasy 2
R-type
Welcome, comrade.  :pcgs:

If you haven't done so already, put Neo Nectaris on your "To Acquire" list. No need to rush out and get it, since you should explore a variety of games.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

HailingTheThings

Quote from: esteban on 03/01/2014, 08:09 AM

Keith Courage
Bonk
Alien Crush
Ys 1,2
YsIII (LOVE!)
Cosmic Fantasy 2
R-type

If you haven't done so already, put Neo Nectaris on your "To Acquire" list. No need to rush out and get it, since you should explore a variety of games.
While he's at it, should probably go ahead and buy a SuperGrafx and a copy of Granzort, cuz dat Keith "sequel", amiriiiiite? :3
IMG

kentuckycc

Quote from: esteban on 03/01/2014, 08:09 AM

Keith Courage
Bonk
Alien Crush
Ys 1,2
YsIII (LOVE!)
Cosmic Fantasy 2
R-type

I'm going to add it to ever growing list of ebay saved searches lol. Is it difficult to play if you cant read Japanese? I'm in the process of getting my system modded to play Japanese hucards, but I have no idea of which ones are worth importing for and english speaker.

Right now my to acquire list is:
Spatterhouse (+++)
Cratermaze
Psychosis
Gomola Speed
Gate of thunder 4in1 (+++)
Sim Earth
Blazing Lasers
Cadash
Exile
Bloody wolf
Caslevania X
Legendary axe
Neutopia

In no particular order, just as I can find them. I really want the 4in1 mostly for Bonk 2 and Bomberman.

kentuckycc

Quote from: kentuckycc on 03/05/2014, 04:10 PMI really want the 4in1 mostly for Bonk 2 and Bomberman.
No love for Gate of Thunder?!
I'm trying to take a step back from shumps haha. I have too many on the saturn and genesis, and I'm trying to break out a little here. Buying a game that has a great platformer, a great multiplayer strategy, and a great shump seems like a good tradeoff haha.

Bardoly

A belated, "Welcome to Pcenginefx!"