OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The stereotypical 16-bit console fans...from Japan.

Started by SamIAm, 06/04/2014, 09:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamIAm

The following are pages from a magazine published 15 years ago called "Digital Heroes".

Behold, the stereotypical console fans from the Japanese perspective.

IMG

SNES Fan: The Ultimate Regular Guy
Regular hairstyle. Regular shirt. Regular jeans. Regular dick. Regular shoes.
He says: "I guess I haven't played it that much recently. But I played Star Fox, man, oh my god I played it so much..."

IMG

PC Engine Fan: The Conservative Otaku
Worshiper of anime. Equipped with pretty-girl games. Buying Vanessa Paradis or some crap. Velcro strap shoes. Entire crotch has man-stench. [I can't fully make out one line]
He says: "V Gundam didn't have a high enough color count."

IMG
Mega Drive Fan: The Baseball-Capped Techno Kid
Macintosh hat. Techno Kid. TAR clothes [a label?]. Macho person. Good dick hygiene.
He says: "They keep coming out with stuff like the Mega Drive 2 and the Mega CD 2, huh? Western Genesis [yes, Genesis] games are fun, man!

Discuss

NecroPhile

Pretty stupid and juvenile, especially the wang hygiene crap. 
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

NightWolve

Quote from: SamIAm on 06/04/2014, 09:32 AMDiscuss
This content probably should've never left the magazine that it was scanned from... ;)

Tatsujin

must have been issued clearly towards the end of the PCEs life..lol.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

geise

esteban

Let me be the first to say that this rings absolutely true for the   North American fans of these consoles as well.

YOU KNOW I AM RIGHT.

Except, of course, an entire category of BRO-JOCK-BRO's would be added to capture all the Sports fans on the Genesis.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

SamIAm

Only the blood of a US Magical Chase can lift the curse of the PCE man stench.

ElSeven

lol @ the spectrum of this commentary.  clothing and dick hygiene.
currently playing:
PCE - Raiden
SNES - Chrono Trigger
DC - Fast Striker

PCE LP

CrackTiger

I wonder if the "TAR clothes" reference meant "all black", like how the natives in Wonderboy are called "Coal Kid".
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Nando

SamIAm

Quote from: guest on 06/04/2014, 12:35 PMI wonder if the "TAR clothes" reference meant "all black", like how the natives in Wonderboy are called "Coal Kid".
I thought it might mean all black as well. But then again, it looks like an abbreviation. It might be some weird 90's pop culture reference.

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Opethian

IMG

ClodBusted

Otaking

I wonder what a stereotypical Japanese Neo Geo fan would've looked like?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

Nando

ElSeven

currently playing:
PCE - Raiden
SNES - Chrono Trigger
DC - Fast Striker

PCE LP

esteban

NightWolve

And Nando with the lulz! Heh. You certainly needed a job with a suit and related salary to bring in the kind of money that was needed for that console and its games... That was always true, even before eBay.

Tatsujin

Quote from: HardcoreOtaku on 06/04/2014, 04:13 PMI wonder what a stereotypical Japanese Neo Geo fan would've looked like?
He would look like Cary Cole and rather prefers to play some Cyber Lip with his cyber dick.

IMG
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

roflmao

I've been working on perfecting my "man stench".

esteban

Quote from: guest on 06/04/2014, 11:41 PMI've been working on perfecting my "man stench".
It is the hallmark of hipsters and real men, everywhere.

roflmao

Quote from: esteban on 06/04/2014, 11:57 PM
Quote from: guest on 06/04/2014, 11:41 PMI've been working on perfecting my "man stench".
It is the hallmark of hipsters and real men, everywhere.
Never confuse me with a "real man".  I'm hipster all-the-way.

esteban

esteban

I'm working on my "onion broth" armpits right now in NJ (very humid).

Psycho Punch

Now I want to change my avatar to the AV PCE guy.

edit: lucky 777 post.  :lol:

IMG
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp