@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

That movie you just watched

Started by Medic_wheat, 06/09/2014, 07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warbucks

Just watched Traders...
Interesting movie.

Digi.k

Enjoyed watching:

The nice guys - Low key, 70's setting crime story that I enjoyed.

The man who knew infinity - enjoyed this too just wish they could have delved deeper into the central characters.

somewhat enjoyed:

The jungle book  -  I much prefer the original Disney,  I find this new version lacks the charm and it took a while for me to warm to the new Mowgli and CGI characters.

Secret life of pets - Story felt like I had been watching something from Toy Story just re skinned with animal characters.

NightWolve

Quote from: Digi.k on 09/19/2016, 07:53 AMsomewhat enjoyed:

The jungle book  -  I much prefer the original Disney,  I find this new version lacks the charm and it took a while for me to warm to the new Mowgli and CGI characters.
Saw that recently too, enjoyed Bill Murray's voice acting as the lovable bear in pursuit of some honey. ;)

"Captain America: Civil War" - Eh, much sequelitis to be found here. Cons: Poor use of Ant-Man as his own movie was very enjoyable. Pros: I liked the introduction/origin story of their version of a young Spider-Man. Overall, just wanted to see Bucky and others bust some heads, and was so-so satisfied in the action/fight choreography dept. I sorta feel I would've preferred watching the previous one again or Deadpool, though...

blueraven

Speaking of Bill Murray, I just watched "St. Vincent"

Brilliant.  One of the best movies i've seen this year.

NightWolve

Quote from: blueraven on 09/19/2016, 02:44 PMSpeaking of Bill Murray, I just watched "St. Vincent"

Brilliant.  One of the best movies i've seen this year.
Yep, good find! I think Melissa McCarthy has been in a lot of duds since Bridesmaids, which was hilarious and something you can watch several times, but her performance here with Bill was respectable. She's still sort of doing the same SNL-like character over and over ever since, but it worked in this one I think. The plot isn't anything new, grumpy old man grudgingly mentors a fatherless kid who needs it, they learn from each other, and old man redeems himself in some way by the end of it, but I really respect this one! As such, it made to my Movie Picks list, so yeah, thumbs up! :)

Warbucks

I just watched 31 a film by Rob Zombie.

It was his usual weird movie.

Five carnival workers are kidnapped and held hostage in an abandoned, Hell-like compound where they are forced to participate in a violent game, the goal of which is to survive twelve hours against a gang of sadistic clowns.

TheClash603

Quote from: Warbucks on 09/20/2016, 11:13 AMI just watched 31 a film by Rob Zombie.

Five carnival workers are kidnapped and held hostage in an abandoned, Hell-like compound where they are forced to participate in a violent game, the goal of which is to survive twelve hours against a gang of sadistic clowns.
Was the a recommendation or a dis?  I am interested in this movie.

Warbucks

Quote from: TheClash603 on 09/20/2016, 01:27 PM
Quote from: Warbucks on 09/20/2016, 11:13 AMI just watched 31 a film by Rob Zombie.

Was the a recommendation or a dis?  I am interested in this movie.
It was not as good as his earlier movies.

but if you are into the super gory blood,  you would like it.

PunkCryborg

Been on a sci-fi/ kaiju kick. Getting pretty hyped up over Shin Godzilla next week. Watched Pacific Rim and District 9 last night. They both have really held up well and look better than almost all other recent movies in the genre since then.
Anyone else got Shin Godzilla playing locally? Very excited. This is my first real Japanese Godzilla movie in a theater

crazydean

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 09/20/2016, 10:42 PMBeen on a sci-fi/ kaiju kick. Getting pretty hyped up over Shin Godzilla next week. Watched Pacific Rim and District 9 last night. They both have really held up well and look better than almost all other recent movies in the genre since then.
I thought both of these movies were highly underrated. I enjoyed them both. The director of District 9 also directed Chappie, which is also good.

PunkCryborg

District 9 is incredible. It had a 30mil budget and looks fantastic still. Compare that to the first new transformers movie which had a 149mil budget and looks dated already. They did such an awesome job of blending 3d with live action. Most new movies are just heavily filtered with a gray/blue palette and look corny. District 9 has a dirty gritty look with lots of bright natural light and looks amazing

crazydean

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 09/20/2016, 11:30 PMCompare that to the first new transformers movie...
Please don't.

TR0N

This earlier on netflik it's not as entertaining as king of kong but worth a watch.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Warbucks

Just finished watching the movie  Lights Out.

It was actually a very good horror movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4786282/

When her little brother, Martin, experiences the same events that once tested her sanity, Rebecca works to unlock the truth behind the terror, which brings her face to face with an entity that has an attachment to their mother, Sophie.

crazydean

Saw Trick r' Treat. It's a good Halloween horror/dark comedy.

gheebee

Quote from: crazydean on 09/20/2016, 11:26 PMThe director of District 9 also directed Chappie, which is also good.
Elysium too, I think all of Neill Blomkamp's full length movies have been really good so far. For some time now imdb has listed an untitled Neil Blomkamp Alien Project in his credits and I really wonder if/when it will happen. Hopefully he'll put Sharlto Copley in it like with his other movies.

TheClash603

I rented Phantasm V and even though it didn't have the original director and was very low budget, I enjoyed it quite a bit.  RIP Angus Scrim.

Also picked up the new Phantasm vinyl soundtrack release, since I have been on a Phantasm and vinyl soundtrack kick.

SplatterTrigger

The Revenant. Really enjoyed it.

roflmao

esteban

Quote from: TheClash603 on 10/18/2016, 12:10 AMI rented Phantasm V and even though it didn't have the original director and was very low budget, I enjoyed it quite a bit.  RIP Angus Scrim.

Also picked up the new Phantasm vinyl soundtrack release, since I have been on a Phantasm and vinyl soundtrack kick.
I always enjoyed the films and the soundtracks. Fun.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Medic_wheat

Just rewatched "Rock and Rule" for maybe the 30th time in my life. This is a movie I discovered in late night movie channels like TNT or USA when I was around 13. Was also how I first saw Heavy Metal and many other adult animated movies and segments.

Love that I picked up the DVD around 2006. I've seen that a blurry was also released recently. However, I don't know if they did much to restore what is already in the DVD. So I have been waiting to see if a 2K transfer happened similarly to the Transformers Movie.

IMG

Bloufo

IMG

Aah yes! Just like the "good old days" of watching Mel play a bad ass. This movie is a great example of just that. The kind of hero I tend to root for.

He is definitely not too old for this s--t.

http://i68.tinypic.com/1zv49r8.jpg

So many inaccuracies and just glossing over of major events in the life and career of legendary boxer- Roberto Duran.

I tried to like it. But no.

At least there was some eye candy on offer in the form of Ana de Armas. :p  :thumbsup:

Digi.k

watching suicide squad.  I don't hate it like the critics but I think it could be a bit darker..

Warbucks

I just saw Magnificent Seven.

It was better than I thought it was going to be.  Not really into cowboy type movies, but this one was good.

IMG

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2404435/

NightWolve

I will watch Magnificent Seven now given it was in my list and you just did.

Past:

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immortal_(2004_film)

Wow, this was one of the weirdest SciFi movies with Egyptian God myth mixed in a futuristic setting!! It's bearable, very weird/trippy, won't fit most people's tastes, but I liked it enough.

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgan_(2016_film)

Another rip off of the Android-gone-rogue theme, very close to Ex Machina movie that Nulltard had also come across: Android/new lifeform kept trapped in room, eventually wanting to get out and not appreciating effectively being held prisoner for more development, study, safety, etc.

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miss_Peregrine's_Home_for_Peculiar_Children_(film)

I can recommend this. Magic, time travel, Tim Burton weirdness, worth checking out!

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judge_Dredd_(film)
The Original Sly Stallone Judge Dredd!

"YOU BETRAYED TEH LAAAWWW!!!!"
* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_Life_of_Pets

This was fun!

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_Squad_(film)

A summary of what I think, worst Joker ever, boring:
Epic Voice Guy does this one, love the "Honest Trailers" channel BTW! Great one to subscribe to if you haven't already. Relive old [and new] movies through a new sarcastic look. ;)

Digi.k

Just watched Kubo and the two strings last night.

Pretty good for a western take on a a japanese themed story.  Stop-motion animation is very good.  Quite dark and moody.

IMG

HailingTheThings

Rogue One.

Maybe it was just the headache I received from the 3D glasses, but this movie felt kinda bad. If this is any indication of what the future holds for Star Wars spin-off movies... well, then I think we're in for some legitimate garbage. Yay.

imgur . com/3DQtCqh.gif
IMG

Warbucks

I have yet to see Rogue One, will be taking the kids this weekend.

I did however introduce them to the classic Field of Dreams.
(Man, I forgot how emotional that movie is.)

blueraven

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 12/18/2016, 04:18 AMRogue One.

Maybe it was just the headache I received from the 3D glasses, but this movie felt kinda bad. If this is any indication of what the future holds for Star Wars spin-off movies... well, then I think we're in for some legitimate garbage. Yay.

/3DQtCqh.gif
:lol:

Bloufo

Whose motorcycle is this?

It's a chopper, baby.

Whose chopper is this?

It's Zed's.

Who's Zed?

Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead.

I've probably seen that movie a good dozen times over the years. Never gets old for me.

JoshTurboTrollX

Went to see Rogue One for a second time.  It's enjoyable.  Not sure what people were expecting if they disliked it.  I feel that as long as they aren't as bad as the dreadful prequels, they are doing alright.

Also watched "The Knights of Badassdom" on New Years.  lol  It's pretty dumb, but sort of amusing. 

IMG
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

gheebee

Revisited Kill List last night. The movie itself is great, very entertaining and mysterious to watch but I always kind of hated the ending because it seemed so half-assed. Some really like the way it ends but I find it kind of annoying. Still though, I've watched it about 5 times in spite of this.

https://s30.postimg.cc/i7knsf7dt/kill_list_poster.jpg

NightWolve

I can recommend The Accountant starring BatFleck, AKA Ben Mentally Affleckted. He plays an autistic ass-kicking bad ass with a casual accountant cover by day. Ben followed Robert Downey Jr.'s age old advice, never go full retard for rolls such as these. So he's weird, socially awkward, nerdy, OCD when it comes to problem solving, but when you cross him, he goes ninja and flips out on ya!

EvilEvoIX

Just saw "The Imposter". Documentary

Could not believe the amount of bullshit and lies floating around in this scary, scary tail of a family replacing a dead child with international fraud and self denial.  A must watch.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

NightWolve

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 01/04/2017, 09:41 AMWent to see Rogue One for a second time.  It's enjoyable.  Not sure what people were expecting if they disliked it.  I feel that as long as they aren't as bad as the dreadful prequels, they are doing alright.

Also watched "The Knights of Badassdom" on New Years.  lol  It's pretty dumb, but sort of amusing. 

IMG
Hey, that's Summer Glau in there! :)

Haven't seen in here in anything is the Terminator TV series and Serenity.

Digi.k

Just watched the live action Ghost in the Shell movie.

I actually enjoyed it.  Quite a bit has changed from the anime.  Will pick this up when it hits blu ray

esteban

Quote from: Digi.k on 04/03/2017, 06:38 PMJust watched the live action Ghost in the Shell movie.

I actually enjoyed it.  Quite a bit has changed from the anime.  Will pick this up when it hits blu ray
I saw it a week ago in 3D...it was totally fun. I think it flowed nicely.

I think a few moments of CGI could have been cut (underwater scene, closeup of face)....during battle with rain, there was "Catwoman running up concrete slabs" ...

...of course, some subtlety was lost, but for a Hollywood film, I was expecting this.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

EvilEvoIX

Black Mirror- Netflix.  I know that they aren't movies but each episode is feature length and the third season has a huge budget.  It's The Twilite Zone with modern technology.  Highly recommend it.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

Psycho Punch

This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Warbucks

Hmmm.. I almost clicked on Black Mirror. 

I am gonna have to go back and watch it.

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: Warbucks on 04/12/2017, 10:18 AMHmmm.. I almost clicked on Black Mirror. 

I am gonna have to go back and watch it.
Watch it from the beginning, not episodic but certainly grows in scope and presentation as it goes on.  Season 3 a huge jump.
IMGIMGIMG

nectarsis

Time Machine (1960)

A classic from my childhood, it's been years since I've watched it. Largely holds up, and thoroughly enjoyed a long overdue watch.

Dawn of the Dead (1978)

Another "been way to long since last viewing" of my second favorite horror movie (easily top 5, all genres) of all time. This movie ALWAYS delivers, never gets old.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

TR0N

I forgot to mention i did see,guardians of the galaxy vol2 a couple weeks ago.It's more of the same far as a the jokes go etc and i didn't think it was good as the first one but,good enough.
IMG

xcrement5x

Watched Inglourious Basterds over the weekend, that was interesting. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

NecroPhile

Quote from: TR0N on 05/30/2017, 05:30 AMI forgot to mention i did see,guardians of the galaxy vol2 a couple weeks ago.It's more of the same far as a the jokes go etc and i didn't think it was good as the first one but,good enough.
I saw it a couple weeks back, and my thoughts are the same.  It wasn't bad, exactly, but I definitely could've done without the smarmy he's-my-daddy (and she's-my-sister) bullshit.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Gypsy

I watched the David Lynch version of Dune a little bit back. First time doing so. Not sure if I prefer it or the mini-series from 2000. The actors are certainly better from what I remember. I plan to watch the mini-series again this weekend.

TR0N

Quote from: guest on 05/30/2017, 12:57 PM
Quote from: TR0N on 05/30/2017, 05:30 AMI forgot to mention i did see,guardians of the galaxy vol2 a couple weeks ago.It's more of the same far as a the jokes go etc and i didn't think it was good as the first one but,good enough.
I saw it a couple weeks back, and my thoughts are the same.  It wasn't bad, exactly, but I definitely could've done without the smarmy he's-my-daddy (and she's-my-sister) bullshit.
That's what i got out of it the message seemed how family matters.
IMG

LostFlunky

Watched the MST3K reboot of 'Reptilicus' the other day, and I must say, I was impressed.  It was completely in line with the original show and quite funny.  Went back and watched a Mike episode right after as well "Incredibly Strange Creatures"...

nectarsis

Train to Busan (Korea 2016)
never been a fan of modern fast/weird alien screech zombies, but DAMN this was a great film...most fun I've had with a first time watch in a LONG time....now watching the second time with the wife who HATES horror (especially zombies) and shes enjoying it.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: nectarsis on 06/25/2017, 09:30 PMTrain to Busan (Korea 2016)

https://youtu.be/8QfUvJeaVdQ

never been a fan of modern fast/weird alien screech zombies, but DAMN this was a great film...most fun I've had with a first time watch in a LONG time....now watching the second time with the wife who HATES horror (especially zombies) and shes enjoying it.
My wife also doesn't care for zombie horror films and she really liked it, too.