@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

That TV Series You're Watching

Started by Medic_wheat, 06/22/2014, 08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NecroPhile

Did anyone else watch BrainDead last night?  I thought it was okay (if kinda slow starting) and well timed for the upcoming presidential election, but I kept waiting for Buzz Lincoln to roll in and save the day.

It Came From The Beltway!
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

TR0N

I finished watching stranger things recently on netflik,good stuff indeed!The most it reminds me of was the goonies,twin peaks with some elements of steven king thrown in.The show is set in the 80's and it's music sounds like some thing you hear in a john carpenter flick.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

esteban

Ditto on Stranger Things.

Add "E.T." to the list of films/shows that ST was clearly inspired by.

Wife + 12-year-old loved it. I was quite happy, too, especially the homage to synth (I don't care how contrived it might be, I love 80's-styled synth).

I FORBADE SKIPPING OPENING SEQUENCE just so I could listen to it.

Oh, yeah, like TRON said: the show was lots of fun.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

TR0N

Quote from: esteban on 08/05/2016, 09:20 AMDitto on Stranger Things.

Wife + 12-year-old loved it. I was quite happy, too, especially the homage to synth (I don't care how contrived it might be, I love 80's-styled synth).

Yeah parts of it were like E.T etc.I said,steven king because of how eleven reminds me of charlene from firestarter.For how the government agencies used her as a weapon which ending up backfiring on them.
IMG

esteban

Quote from: TR0N on 08/06/2016, 12:59 AM
Quote from: esteban on 08/05/2016, 09:20 AMDitto on Stranger Things.

Yeah parts of it were like E.T etc.I said,steven king because of how eleven reminds me of charlene from firestarter.For how the government agencies used her as a weapon which ending up backfiring on them.
Oh, absolutely...I think King was specifically referring to MK ULTRA in his story, too.

I haven't seen Firestarter since the 80's, but George C Scott would have been proud of 11's skills.

TRIVIA: There is an episode of GI Joe that refers to MK ULTRA (not by name)...it was the episode with a handful of  folks who are psychic warriors...

I have wanted to see that episode again since I was a kid! I only saw it 1-2 times.

:)

BACK ON TOPIC:

The Killing

I finished two seasons...saw finale of Season 2 last night...this is just a great, nicely-paced show. To describe it would make it sound generic...but somehow it transcends all of its tropes and cliches and exists as a genuinely entertaining story arc/show.

TRON! The Killing owes something to Twin Peaks, but I don't think most folks watching it will see the connections...they will compare it to other "gritty" crime dramas...but so many elements of Twin Peaks are here.

No, not the obvious Lynch surreal/absurd/goofy stuff...but the pulpy noirish stuff about Northwest history/culture, atmosphere, idyllic vs horrific family/community...high school victim, etc.

Or, you might think it's slow, generic and sucks.

:)

munchiaz

caught up with game of thrones. The show is just too good. Have 1 more ep. of daredevil season 2 to watch. Will start watching stranger things soon

TDIRunner

If I could, I would be watching Reno 911 right now.  I miss that show and it's been long enough since I last watched it that I really want to watch them all again.  I don't know of anyone who plays reruns anymore and I'm not aware of anyone who streams it (although I haven't looked very hard yet).
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

gheebee

Quote from: TDIRunner on 08/09/2016, 03:20 PMIf I could, I would be watching Reno 911 right now.  I miss that show and it's been long enough since I last watched it that I really want to watch them all again.  I don't know of anyone who plays reruns anymore and I'm not aware of anyone who streams it (although I haven't looked very hard yet).
Hulu has all 6 seasons to stream.

As for me, I recently finished re-watching Malcolm in the Middle and now I'm finishing up That 70s Show.

spawnshop

Just finished watched the League.  Hilarious!
Plus just watched all season of It's Always Sunny.   A bit more depraved, but just as good.

Trying to catch up on Fear the Walking Dead....pretty lame so far.
Also want to catch up on the Strain.

Can't wait for Luke Cage and Iron Fist.  Hopefully as good as DD and JJ.

TheClash603

South Park is back, you should all be watching.

Only other stuff I seem to watch anymore is baseball and Bill Maher.

NightWolve

New season of Gotham begins now, FYI.

NightWolve

Hey, that was a good point, title fixed!

Warbucks

I have been watching Ballers with the Rock.

Sadler

I plowed through 10 seasons of the X Files (and both movies) and the one season of The Lone Gunmen earlier this year and I've been looking for something to fill the void. Several years ago I started watching Fringe which certainly had an X Files feel to it. Unfortunately Fringe season 1 is pretty rough. A buddy of mine has been telling me for years that Fringe really gets awesome and just stick with it, but I gave up near the beginning of season 2. I thought I knew what the big reveal was and it just didn't live up to the hype for me. Still, in my desperation, I had to watch something, so I figured I'd give Fringe another go.

HOLY. SHIT.

My buddy wasn't joking, this show gets damn awesome and I had quit just before it got awesome. The episode "Peter" in season 2 (episode 16) is where it gets amazing. I mean, there are decent episodes before this, but after this it's just great. Is it as good as the X Files? Well... probably not, but the mythology of Fringe is much better than that of the X Files. So that's what I'm watching now, I'm about midway through season 3.

NightWolve

Fringe looked interesting, was one I probably would've tried to get into if I hadn't lost my TV-watching habit.

It's rare for me to watch TV anymore, it's a really distant memory from when that was a frequent habit (over 15 years). I try to get in a movie now and then, that's about it. But yeah, Gotham is kind of the first attempt in over a decade to actually tune in to a TV show live.

Right after it, FOX has a show called Lucifer, basically about the devil taking a vacation from hell on earth and partnering with a L.A. detective. Yeah, it's just a cop show with a twist and it's not bad actually, I caught a few episodes of it and the one last night.

wildfruit

Quote from: NightWolve on 09/20/2016, 12:38 PMFringe looked interesting, was one I probably would've tried to get into if I hadn't lost my TV-watching habit.
I too watch very little television, but fringe is worth a special effort. It's very good.

NightWolve

New MacGyver series premiere. http://www.facebook.com/MacGyverCBS/videos/1582355445403435/ Hmmm, give it a shot ?? Tune in tonight ?? Undecided, but FYI...

NightWolve

New episode of Gotham on. Best thing about the show has been Penguin lately. ;)

esteban

Did I mention that BROAD CITY is pretty great? It is. :)

I am curious about NeoGyver, though.

TR0N

This on netflik.
The latest marvel comic to be adapted.
IMG

o.pwuaioc

Watching these on Youtube. Have yet to watch this one, but it's on next.

NecroPhile

MacGyver is pretty much garbage, with the only thing going for it being sexy Spiradakos.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

NightWolve

Yeah, "NeoGyver" was sad... He's far from anything close to having the charisma and likeability that Richard Dean Anderson had... :/ It's impossible for fans of the previous series not to make the comparisons and contrasts...

In Gotham news, Penguin is running for mayor and extorted the release of Nigma from the Arkhm asylum... He may be a crazed psychopathic killer, but gosh darnet, I love that little guy! Hahaha!

The show's crazy some times, even how Penguin and Gordon's killer ex girlfriend could be released from that asylum was surreal in their alternate reality. Some episodes have been bad, but I find it's worth keeping up with so far.

Gypsy

The first season of Mr. Robot. Jesus tittyfucking Christ.

xcrement5x

Just finished Stranger Things, which was as good as was hyped up to be.

Also watched Galavant, which was surprisingly entertaining as well.

munchiaz

watching Luke Cage, I enjoy it, but it has the same issues of Jessica Jones. A roller coaster ride of slowness, and speed. I just think Dare Devil is a more interesting hero than Cage and Jones

TR0N

Quote from: munchiaz on 10/13/2016, 07:24 PMwatching Luke Cage, I enjoy it, but it has the same issues of Jessica Jones. A roller coaster ride of slowness, and speed. I just think Dare Devil is a more interesting hero than Cage and Jones
Luke Cage had some good parts but others that were weak.I agree daredevil is still there strongest entry.Up next is iron fist but that show isn't due until next year.
IMG

munchiaz

Quote from: TR0N on 10/14/2016, 12:54 AM
Quote from: munchiaz on 10/13/2016, 07:24 PMwatching Luke Cage, I enjoy it, but it has the same issues of Jessica Jones. A roller coaster ride of slowness, and speed. I just think Dare Devil is a more interesting hero than Cage and Jones
Luke Cage had some good parts but others that were weak.I agree daredevil is still there strongest entry.Up next is iron fist but that show isn't due until next year.
Looking forward to iron fist. All the shows are good, but DD is def the best of the bunch right now

Digi.k

Quote from: Gypsy on 10/07/2016, 10:34 PMThe first season of Mr. Robot. Jesus tittyfucking Christ.
I kinda feel this way after watching the 3rd episode of Westworld.....

NightWolve

Quote from: Gypsy on 10/07/2016, 10:34 PMThe first season of Mr. Robot. Jesus tittyfucking Christ.
Hey, Team America fan, f*ck yeah!!!

DragonmasterDan

As it's nearing Halloween I've been watching Tales from the Darkside episodes.
--DragonmasterDan

esteban

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 10/23/2016, 08:42 PMAs it's nearing Halloween I've been watching Tales from the Darkside episodes.
I love that show :)

Gypsy

Quote from: Digi.k on 10/23/2016, 05:46 PM
I kinda feel this way after watching the 3rd episode of Westworld.....
Definitely planning on trying this one but I'm waiting for the first season to be done airing.

Quote from: NightWolve on 10/23/2016, 08:03 PM
Hey, Team America fan, f*ck yeah!!!

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: esteban on 10/23/2016, 08:53 PMI love that show :)
There's a wild variation in the quality of episodes from one to another but it has just enough 80s campyness and at times great writing to hit the mark more often than not. When episodes are good they can be great. And when episodes aren't, they can suck.
--DragonmasterDan

Warbucks

Season Premiere of The Walking Dead......

seieienbu

Quote from: Warbucks on 10/24/2016, 01:00 PMSeason Premiere of The Walking Dead......
Yeah.  I wasn't exactly expecting that to play out the way it did.  I'm hoping for some sweet vengeance later on this season.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Bloufo

Negan and Lucille. What a charming couple.

TR0N

IMG

Gypsy

Battlestar Galactica (2004) and Gundam 08 MS Team currently.

seieienbu

Quote from: Gypsy on 10/28/2017, 08:12 AMGundam 08 MS Team currently.
That's my second favorite Gundam after 0083.

So, yeah, Strager Things 2?  It's really good so far.  I'm on episode 5 right now, finishing up today.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Gypsy

Quote from: seieienbu on 10/28/2017, 02:02 PM
Quote from: Gypsy on 10/28/2017, 08:12 AMGundam 08 MS Team currently.
That's my second favorite Gundam after 0083.

So, yeah, Strager Things 2?  It's really good so far.  I'm on episode 5 right now, finishing up today.
It's really good. A little more than half way through it.

Stardust Memory is on my to get let, along with the War In The Pocket BD once that is out.

schnuth

Season Three has been great so far too. Love this show so much.

xcrement5x

Started Stranger Things S2 over the weekend as well, only at Ep 7 or so. 

johnnykonami

I just started Stranger Things season 2 also, got two episodes in last night for Halloween.  The 2nd episode even took place during Halloween, so that matched up well.   I also played a few matches of Friday the 13th (in where I die in the first couple minutes every time, one day I'll get it).

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 10/30/2017, 02:36 PMStarted Stranger Things S2 over the weekend as well, only at Ep 7 or so. 
Once you're finished with the season let us know how disappointed you were.
--DragonmasterDan

kosko99

Been watching Netflix's Ozark (Jason Bateman). It's quite decent... anyways I am on ep 7 of 10 and it's still quite unclear how it will finish or what are they actually doing. I guess there will be more seasons seeing it's a bit slow unless they suddenly do a major thing for the last 2 episodes.

Next stop: Stranger Things season 2.

Bloufo

Late to the party but I'm only near the end of Season 1 of Sons of Anarchy.

Not the most sympathetic of characters but the acting is pretty good and I'm digging the music.

Oh, and the actor Charlie Hunnam (Jax Teller) is English? Never would have guessed.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Bloufo on 11/02/2017, 11:50 AMLate to the party but I'm only near the end of Season 1 of Sons of Anarchy.
By season 4 are they Dads of Anarchy?
--DragonmasterDan

ToyMachine78

I completed Stranger Things 2. It definitely does not live up to the first season. 11s story arch completely sucked.

Walking Dead is back on, and I have no idea why I'm still watching it. I really have not enjoyed the past 2 or 3 seasons. Does anyone else feel this show has run its course?

Bloufo

Quote from: guest on 11/06/2017, 06:03 AMWalking Dead is back on, and I have no idea why I'm still watching it. I really have not enjoyed the past 2 or 3 seasons. Does anyone else feel this show has run its course?
More or less that's the way I feel. I haven't even bothered with the current season.