10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

That TV Series You're Watching

Started by Medic_wheat, 06/22/2014, 08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elderbroom

Quote from: guest on 07/29/2014, 12:01 AMHigh Scool of the Dead - Anime with zombies and fan service. As a zombie fan it's a fun watch, but I feel dirty watching it. :?
Thanks to you .. I've now grabbed season 1, and am 2 episodes into it.  Still not sure what to think ;-)  but will give it acouple more episodes to hook me.
-----------------------
Elderbroom
My TG-16/PCE Collection : http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/615/show-collection.htm

NightWolve

OK, gonna give the new live-action Batman series from FOX a try right now, "Gotham." All 4 episodes of the starting season are still up on hulu.com for free.

http://www.hulu.com/gotham
http://www.hulu.com/watch/690169#i0,p0,d0

BlueBMW

I've been enjoying Once Upon a Time on Netflix.  Pretty good series IMO.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

munchiaz

Right now I'm just watching "The Walking dead" So far the new season has been pretty good

PukeSter

Got into One Piece. I have a lot of catching up to do, but I finished the Arlong Park saga. Really great so far.

HailingTheThings

Jayce And The Wheeled Warriors. This is magic. This is why we're here.
IMG

Bloufo

Just finished watching the mini-series- 'Ascension'

I'm guessing this is one of those you'll either love or hate.
I thought it was different to what is currently out there. That's always a good thing in my book.

jeffhlewis

Been catching up on seasons 2 and 3 of American Horror Story while season 4 is on break...always love how the entire show changes each season to a totally new plot/time/scenario, but with the same actors.

MrFulci

One of my favorite, TV episode intros.. before the series' opening credits.... Unforgettable;
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

esteban

Quote from: MrFulci on 01/04/2015, 02:45 AMOne of my favorite, TV episode intros.. before the series' opening credits.... Unforgettable;
Agreed, that is a truly great opening scene.

Currently watching (once a week):

Inspector Morse — I haven't seen some of these in over 20 years. I only remember a few random things each episode. I love it, but lots of folks might find it boring.

Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries — OK, I dismissed this at first, only to realize that it is a friggin' fun, fun show.

Sopranos — Rewatching this for third time. BECAUSE WE TRY TO GUESS THE LOCATIONS (lots of NJ locations).
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Opethian

finishing up season 4 of Game of Thrones cant wait for season 5 to start!
IMG

mitsuman

My wife and I have been watching Dexter when we can. I think we are in season 4.

We will watch orange is the new black when the next season starts. We basically binge watched the first two seasons earlier this year.

We have also been re-watching a lot of Psych episodes.

esteban

Quote from: mitsuman on 01/04/2015, 05:19 PMMy wife and I have been watching Dexter when we can. I think we are in season 4.

We will watch orange is the new black when the next season starts. We basically binge watched the first two seasons earlier this year.

We have also been re-watching a lot of Psych episodes.
I watched all the Psych episodes again before the final season. It was a lot of fun. :)

mitsuman

Yeah, it's a good show.
My wife got me into it.

NecroPhile

I finished up Brisco County Jr. over the weekend, so next up are Arrested Development and Kingdom Hospital (I got 'em both for x-mas).
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

wildfruit

Been watching the tv version of das boot. Its epic. I've got a dvd that breaks it into one long episode instead of 3 or 6 individual ones.

KnightWarrior

Gotham on Fox

Last Man Standing & Cristla on ABC

esteban

Quote from: wildfruit on 01/05/2015, 12:27 PMBeen watching the tv version of das boot. Its epic. I've got a dvd that breaks it into one long episode instead of 3 or 6 individual ones.
Any relation to 80's film Das Boot? That was a good film.

wildfruit

Quote from: esteban on 01/11/2015, 03:40 PM
Quote from: wildfruit on 01/05/2015, 12:27 PMBeen watching the tv version of das boot. Its epic. I've got a dvd that breaks it into one long episode instead of 3 or 6 individual ones.
Yea the tv series was the original and it was cut down for the cinema. Was shown as a tv show in Germany and England.

esteban

Quote from: wildfruit on 01/11/2015, 03:42 PM
Quote from: esteban on 01/11/2015, 03:40 PM
Yea the tv series was the original and it was cut down for the cinema. Was shown as a tv show in Germany and England.
That's awesome. I had no idea.

SephirothTNH

Quote from: esteban on 01/04/2015, 07:55 PMI watched all the Psych episodes again before the final season. It was a lot of fun. :)
Man that was a good show.  I could have watched it for a few more seasons for sure.

I'm rewatching X Files now.  In the middle of season 2.  Bringing back lots of fond memories.

NightWolve

Got caught up with "Gotham" and intend to finish the Highlander TV series on Hulu. Been stuck at season 4 for a long time, but my new 30 Mbps Comcast connection is working very well, consistent speed, no dropouts, the used modem I scored on eBay seems A-OK, so streaming video is no longer a painful experience as it was with a 1.5 Mbps DSL line!

Quote from: SephirothTNH on 01/11/2015, 04:29 PMI'm rewatching X Files now.  In the middle of season 2.  Bringing back lots of fond memories.
I WANT TO BELIEVE!!!

SuperGrafx

Not much of a TV series watcher.
But I recently found a few seasons worth of the old series, THE EQUALIZER and I'm enjoying them quite a bit

esteban

Quote from: SuperGrafx on 01/11/2015, 05:34 PMNot much of a TV series watcher.
But I recently found a few seasons worth of the old series, THE EQUALIZER and I'm enjoying them quite a bit
Dude, that series was great. I haven't really watched it since 80's, though. OLD WHITE DUDE IS TOUGH AS ____ (whatever).

I wish more shows featured older folks in main roles. I don't need 99% of movies/film filled with young folks.

:)

NightWolve

Yeah, I used to the watch that CBS (I think?) series too, can almost remember the intro music.

They made a movie of it with Denzel Washington so I guess it's getting some looking-back publicity and discovery by the younger generation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Equalizer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Equalizer_%28film%29

Could use a guy like that! ;)

PCEngineHell

Just re-watched The Pacific. Now I am re-watching Band of Brothers. Also, Danger 5 Season 2 has started, and watched a couple episodes of Mike Tyson Mysteries.

Bernie

Started watching The Killing on Netflix.  It's one of the Netflix originals, and I must say....I really like it.  :)

wildfruit

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 01/14/2015, 02:32 PMJust re-watched The Pacific. Now I am re-watching Band of Brothers. Also, Danger 5 Season 2 has started, and watched a couple episodes of Mike Tyson Mysteries.
I have watched band of brothers many times. I couldn't get into the pacific though.

roflmao

Quote from: wildfruit on 01/15/2015, 02:35 AM
Quote from: PCEngineHell on 01/14/2015, 02:32 PMJust re-watched The Pacific. Now I am re-watching Band of Brothers. Also, Danger 5 Season 2 has started, and watched a couple episodes of Mike Tyson Mysteries.
I have watched band of brothers many times. I couldn't get into the pacific though.
Same here.  I bought BoB on DVD and have watched it many times. So when The Pacific came out on DVD, I picked it up and almost didn't finish it.  But I persevered and once I was done I sold it.

It wasn't bad, imo. It just didn't grip me like BoB did.

Now I want to watch Band of Brothers again.... :)

SuperGrafx

Quote from: esteban on 01/12/2015, 05:10 PM
Quote from: SuperGrafx on 01/11/2015, 05:34 PMNot much of a TV series watcher.
Dude, that series was great. I haven't really watched it since 80's, though. OLD WHITE DUDE IS TOUGH AS ____ (whatever).

I wish more shows featured older folks in main roles. I don't need 99% of movies/film filled with young folks.

:)
Yes indeed!
The main character in the classic series is like a modern day mild-mannered ninja.
Albeit with gray hair and less flashy moves.
But still, a great series nonetheless.

elderbroom

Somehow I never saw "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" when it originally started.  Started watching that on Netflix last week and tearing through the first couple seasons.  Not sure how I missed this .. so far, so good !
-----------------------
Elderbroom
My TG-16/PCE Collection : http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/615/show-collection.htm

esteban

Quote from: guest on 01/24/2015, 11:15 PMA show so shitty and unoriginal that it revels in its shittiness and unoriginality to the point of being originally and.... marginally unshitty.

Z-Nation.

SyFy

it is a guilty pleasure I never expected to have... let alone admit to.
I don't think I've watched anyone on the SciFi channel in many, many years.

They used to play "Tales From the Darkside"...that's the only thing I watched, and it must have been 8 years ago.

NightWolve

wildfruit

Watching a series on crunchyroll called no dropping out. Its about a 35yo woman that goes back to school and ends up trying to solve everyone's problems. Sounds like a shit premise but it's actually quite decent and mildly amusing.

Psycho Punch

This Toxic Turbo Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs!
I had to delete THOUSANDS of error log entries cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

esteban

Quote from: NightWolve on 01/24/2015, 11:28 PM
Quote from: esteban on 01/24/2015, 11:25 PMthe SciFi SyFy channel
Accept the reality, este... ;)
I know. I know. :)

Quote from: guest on 01/25/2015, 12:56 AMDark Night of the Steve | Check It Out! With Dr. Steve Brule | Adult Swim
So, I was desperate for more "Tim and Eric" stuff and then I discovered a "film review" show with just one of the fellows from the duo. Granted, I don't watch watch much stuff, so this is old news for most folks, but I was happy to find it.

ON CINEMA
I give 7 out of 10 bags of popcorn.

Yes, of course it is silly and goofy.

MrFulci

Quote from: esteban on 01/24/2015, 11:25 PM
Quote from: guest on 01/24/2015, 11:15 PMA show so shitty and unoriginal that it revels in its shittiness and unoriginality to the point of being originally and.... marginally unshitty.

Z-Nation.

SyFy

it is a guilty pleasure I never expected to have... let alone admit to.
I don't think I've watched anyone on the SciFi channel in many, many years.

They used to play "Tales From the Darkside"...that's the only thing I watched, and it must have been 8 years ago.
"Chiller", about 1 day a week, or month, or something, for a long many hours block, re-runs TFTDS. Same with Monsters, and Friday the 13th: The Series. All are available on DVD now, also! Monsters, as of 2013.

*TFTDS DVDs, some episodes have their soundtrack edited a bit on DVD. Other than that, the other 2 series on DVD are as-aired, as far as I know. I watched every episode on the Monsters set, and it was as it should be, to my recollection, brief nudity and all (In that great episode, about the killer rats.). I've yet to attempt the same with TFTDS or F12 series.
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

SuperGrafx

I was checking out the Amazon Originals series "Transparent" last night.
Apparently amazon had the entire season up for free viewing to commemorate some Emmy award or something.
Actually pretty good.

mitsuman

Started watching Scandal on Netflix with my wife. I am oddly drawn to that show.

esteban

I watched a bunch of complete Carol Burnette shows. Hadn't seen most of these as an adult (I was just a kid and didn't understand half the jokes). Awesome.

wildfruit

I'm watching chi's new address. Its about the cutest little cat. Kawaii!

Sadler

Anyone catch Better Call Saul? It's off to an amazing start! :D

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Sadler on 02/09/2015, 08:25 PMAnyone catch Better Call Saul? It's off to an amazing start! :D
I did it was better then I gave the premise creadit for.  In fact I cant wait for the next episode. The only problem I see.  It is set six years befor BB. That means what? Six season maximum?

wildfruit

Just had x-files box set delivered. 150hrs of mystery!!

InfraMan

Quote from: esteban on 02/07/2015, 02:52 PMI watched a bunch of complete Carol Burnette shows. Hadn't seen most of these as an adult (I was just a kid and didn't understand half the jokes). Awesome.
I have so many fond memories of watching The Carol Burnett Show when I was very (very) young. I don't think there's ever been anything funnier on TV than Harvey Korman and Tim Conway. It's probably second only to All in the Family as my all-time favorite comedy show.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, the wife and I just finished watching the Series 6 finale of Downton Abbey. As a male person, I really feel like I enjoy that show way more than I should. :wink:

esteban

Quote from: InfraMan on 03/01/2015, 11:22 PM
Quote from: esteban on 02/07/2015, 02:52 PMI watched a bunch of complete Carol Burnette shows. Hadn't seen most of these as an adult (I was just a kid and didn't understand half the jokes). Awesome.
I have fond so many fond memories of watching The Carol Burnett Show when I was very (very) young. I don't think there's ever been anything funnier on TV than Harvey Korman and Tim Conway. It's probably second only to All in the Family as my all-time favorite comedy show.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, the wife and I just finished watching the Series 6 finale of Downton Abbey. As a male person, I really feel like I enjoy that show way more than I should. :wink:
The one sketch that always cracks me up is the Nazi interrogator with his repertoire of techniques.

You probably know it...if not, watch it now!

InfraMan

Quote from: esteban on 03/02/2015, 12:15 AMThe one sketch that always cracks me up is the Nazi interrogator with his repertoire of techniques.

Heh, that's good stuff. Poor Lyle Waggoner was really outclassed by the talent around him... he basically ended up being a warm body for most of the sketches. He seems like a super-nice guy, though.

Also, pretty much any sketch where Tim played the slow old man character was a winner for me.

esteban

Quote from: InfraMan on 03/02/2015, 12:59 AM
Quote from: esteban on 03/02/2015, 12:15 AMThe one sketch that always cracks me up is the Nazi interrogator with his repertoire of techniques.

Heh, that's good stuff. Poor Lyle Waggoner was really outclassed by the talent around him... he basically ended up being a warm body for most of the sketches. He seems like a super-nice guy, though.

Also, pretty much any sketch where Tim played the slow old man character was a winner for me.
The real payoff, of course, is the puppet. But I didn't want to ruin it. There are some clips that include just the puppet, but it is much funnier seeing the sketch build up to that point.

All of the gags in that sketch are pretty generic, except for the puppet. But, it doesn't matter how cliched the gags are, the performances make it enjoyable.

Speaking of performances....I know, Lyle is barely present in that sketch.

Yes, Tim did crazy physical humor. The old man defied the laws of physics. Crazy.

One thing I didn't know was that the show taped a "regular" version of a sketch and then, later, taped a  freer "ad-lib, if you want to" version. Conway, it seems, made it his personal goal to get the other folks to laugh.

ToyMachine78

I'm watching Falling Skies. I never saw it when it originally aired. Its pretty much The Walking Dead with aliens instead of zombies. The acting isn't quite as good though.

NecroPhile

Quote from: wildfruit on 02/28/2015, 05:55 PMJust had x-files box set delivered. 150hrs of mystery!!
Start with Terms of Endearment (season 6, episode 7).  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!