RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

(CLOSED) Turbo Everdrive Group Buy ORDERED!

Started by jtucci31, 07/20/2014, 03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtucci31

Ok PM's have been sent! If i forgot anyone I'm sorry, let me know.

NightWolve

Eeek, so we did get to 20... I am kinda surprised there were lots of us that still hadn't gotten one. Well, hope things go smoothly. Anyway, saw your generic PM sent out to everyone, so I'm gonna hop over to Paypal for a second and take care of sending the money to ya right now, get it out of the way.

jlued686

jtucci31

Quote from: NightWolve on 07/22/2014, 02:43 PMEeek, so we did get to 20... I am kinda surprised there were lots of us that still hadn't gotten one. Well, hope things go smoothly. Anyway, saw your generic PM sent out to everyone, so I'm gonna hop over to Paypal for a second and take care of sending the money to ya right now, get it out of the way.
Indeed there are 20. It's more than i wanted to do but i feel i can get this done. Fast payments are much appreciated :)

NightWolve

You could try asking krikzz for a further discount BTW. He did knock off $5 bucks when I pestered him for the SNES Group Buy that BlueBMW is heading up, and that was for an order of 10 but with the shell cartridges though.

MrFulci

Quote from: guest on 07/22/2014, 09:39 AM
Quote from: MrFulci on 07/22/2014, 02:39 AMThose shells are no longer listed for sale. I searched for them, can't find them on the site, either.
These aren't available? -

Quote"Classic Style" http://shpws.me/q6MW
"Super Low Profile Style" http://shpws.me/q6MX
When I clicked the links again yesterday, they weren't available. Now, they're available again. Who knows...

Also, Joe, I sent payment.

Thanks for organizing this. This is something I had been thinking about for a while, even before the everdrive, I know there was a different flash cart. Now I'll be able to see what Toilet Kids is all about, and some of the other PC Engine games I've never picked up, but been somewhat interested in.
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

jtucci31

Quote from: NightWolve on 07/22/2014, 02:58 PMYou could try asking krikzz for a further discount BTW. He did knock off $5 bucks when I pestered him for the SNES Group Buy that BlueBMW is heading up, and that was for an order of 10 but with the shell cartridges though.
That's a good idea. I'll ask and see what they say. That would be pretty nice. Depending on how much of a discount, i could just refund everyone a couple of bucks if that's the case. BUt for now we will stick with what we have.

wallzter

BigT

jlued686

How's it going on payments? How many holdouts? Just checking...

jtucci31

Quote from: guest on 07/24/2014, 04:38 PMHow's it going on payments? How many holdouts? Just checking...
I'll update with who has paid and who hasn't right now. One payment isn't coming in until August 1st which is no big deal, so it'll be ordered then if the payment is on time.

spenoza

So basically, you're giving the remaining 3 peeps until August 1st if they wanna get in on the deal?

Sorry, getting a little over-eager.

Medic_wheat

Sorry gang that's me who is paying on the first of the month. Will be sure to be on point so as not to delay this for everyone else Furthure.

jtucci31

Well that's not really a deadline because I understand shit happens. Like Medic_wheat said, it's just what works for him. Which is fine. Just waiting on the other two. Haven't heard from one person.

Sorry to those who are eager like I am.

NightWolve

I take it krik declined on any discount ?

jtucci31

Yeah I sent an email asking if there was anything else that could be done and I never got a response back.

MrFulci

So, Medic_Wheat is paying at the end of this week. What's the story with Esteban and Rosser?
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

Ninja16608

Quote from: guest on 07/28/2014, 10:37 AMEsteban spent all of his money on hookers and blow, so he's got to wait for his he-pimp to find more work for him.

Rosser is a mystery.
Nully I think you were talking about yourself in 3rd person.

jlued686

I don't think you need to bust balls, but I do think a deadline would be a good idea. 8/3? That's a week from now.

MrFulci

A deadline is sometimes the only way to get certain things done.

I don't mind waiting a while for the ball to get rolling, however, I don't want to wait weeks for this process to begin.

Rosser

NightWolve

Well, another 5 days for medic_wheat and anyone else... I can be patient enough for that, but at the same time they could've thrown $70 (+fees) bucks on a CC and gotten this moved forward already instead of waiting for a paycheck... We've got at least a month of shipping time from krik, so the sooner the better, and then jtucci has to do reshipping grunt work to the group, so add another 5-12 days there. /end grumpy

FiftyQuid

Quote from: NightWolve on 07/28/2014, 07:22 PMWell, another 5 days for medic_wheat and anyone else... I can be patient enough for that, but at the same time they could've thrown $70 (+fees) bucks on a CC and gotten this moved forward already instead of waiting for a paycheck... We've got at least a month of shipping time from krik, so the sooner the better, and then jtucci has to do reshipping grunt work to the group, so add another 5-12 days there. /end grumpy
So is there a good way to go about getting the .roms?
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

NightWolve

Quote from: guest on 07/28/2014, 08:14 PM
Quote from: FiftyQuid on 07/28/2014, 08:10 PM
Quote from: NightWolve on 07/28/2014, 07:22 PM...
PM Bernie.
That's the right answer! Yessir, he's got a well-prepared folder structure with everything, took pride in getting it done. ;)

johnnymad

Quote from: NightWolve on 07/28/2014, 08:57 PM
PM Bernie.
That's the right answer! Yessir, he's got a well-prepared folder structure with everything, took pride in getting it done. ;)
I'll be doing the same as I just ordered my Turbo Everdrive from Retrogate. Anybody know about how long it takes an order from there to get to the US? Said 15-20 days but hope that's the long side of the estimate.

jtucci31

Quote from: johnnymad on 07/31/2014, 10:27 AM
PM Bernie.
I'll be doing the same as I just ordered my Turbo Everdrive from Retrogate. Anybody know about how long it takes an order from there to get to the US? Said 15-20 days but hope that's the long side of the estimate.
I saw that as well and was hoping that was accurate. 15-20 days isn't too bad. Especially because then it'll get to me before I go off to school, but if not oh well.

You should've got in on the group buy! But I understand if you were impatient. I think we all are growing eager here.

johnnymad

Thought the group buy was already over. :( Cost me a few more bucks but I'll get it a little sooner.

NightWolve

Yeah, it is, too bad you didn't get here sooner since you were ready with the cash at hand.

jtucci31

It is over but ya just missed it. Sorry pal. I tried to include as many people as I could but I could only do so much. At least you have lots of obey time ahead of you!

johnnymad

Bernie

PM Bernie.
I can't take all the credit.  :)  You helped me put together the bat files to help with the sorting.  I just had to edit them for each system, and decide how to categorize everything.  In the end, it turned out to be a pretty good idea.  Everyone seems happy with how they are sorted.  By the way, for anyone interested...I also have folders ready for most of the other everdrive family as well.

jtucci31

Everdrives have been ordered! I'll be tracking it once i can do that. Retrogate estimates around 15-20 days to ship to the U.S. But it obviously could be longer. Sorry for the delay on purchasing them all but it is done! I'll keep everyone posted when i receive them and that sort of thing.

Also Rosser, i need your address. So please PM that to me when and if you see this. If not I'll just bug ya a little later, i just like having everything organized and ready for when the time comes to get these shipped off.

jlued686

Awesome! Thanks again for taking this on.

johnnymad

Quote from: guest on 08/01/2014, 01:50 PMEverdrives have been ordered! I'll be tracking it once i can do that. Retrogate estimates around 15-20 days to ship to the U.S. But it obviously could be longer. Sorry for the delay on purchasing them all but it is done! I'll keep everyone posted when i receive them and that sort of thing.

Also Rosser, i need your address. So please PM that to me when and if you see this. If not I'll just bug ya a little later, i just like having everything organized and ready for when the time comes to get these shipped off.
Ordered mine Wednesday and haven't received any tracking.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: johnnymad on 08/01/2014, 04:27 PM
Quote from: guest on 08/01/2014, 01:50 PMEverdrives have been ordered! I'll be tracking it once i can do that. Retrogate estimates around 15-20 days to ship to the U.S. But it obviously could be longer. Sorry for the delay on purchasing them all but it is done! I'll keep everyone posted when i receive them and that sort of thing.

Ordered mine Wednesday and haven't received any tracking.
That is because your inner TMNT hates your quote.

FiftyQuid

This thread should be re-opened.  It's where we're all coming for updates.  :)
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Bernie

He actually ships quite fast.  I believe I had mine in hand, in less than two weeks.  It was really a fast and easy transaction.  I've bought three Turbo EverDrives, a N64 EverDrive, and one for the SNES and NES... and never had to wait more than two weeks.

jtucci31

Good I hope that's the case. I was surprised at the $5 shipping across the board but I'm not complaining. I just hope I get a tracking number soon so I can stare at it and check it 6 times a day :)

cobrad12

I can also confirm decent shipping time. I order one fairly recently and had it exactly 10 days after the confirmation.

johnnymad

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 08/01/2014, 04:30 PMThat is because your inner TMNT hates your quote.
Ha! You're probably right. Should maybe change it to turtle power.

Quote from: cobrad12 on 08/01/2014, 11:34 PMI can also confirm decent shipping time. I order one fairly recently and had it exactly 10 days after the confirmation.
Did you get a tracking number?

jtucci31

Quote from: johnnymad on 08/03/2014, 11:43 PM
Quote from: cobrad12 on 08/01/2014, 11:34 PMI can also confirm decent shipping time. I order one fairly recently and had it exactly 10 days after the confirmation.
Still haven't gotten one yet. Have you?

johnnymad

Quote from: guest on 08/04/2014, 09:58 AM
Quote from: johnnymad on 08/03/2014, 11:43 PM
Still haven't gotten one yet. Have you?
Nope. :(

Bernie

You won't get a tracking number.  He updated the invoice.  Just check your original invoice that was emailed to you.  When you click that link, it will have the tracking there.

clackattack

Well dang, wish I couldve jumped on that train before it left the station  :cry:  It would be cool if maybe we could try to do a round 2 group buy on these for the newbs or just for the folks that missed out. I could/would be willing to organize it since im sure that the OP doesnt want to go thru the ordeal again, specially since he already got his! PM or repost, lemme know!
[If it's song and dance you want, song and dance you'll get!]

jtucci31

Quote from: clackattack on 08/04/2014, 11:34 AMWell dang, wish I couldve jumped on that train before it left the station  :cry:  It would be cool if maybe we could try to do a round 2 group buy on these for the newbs or just for the folks that missed out. I could/would be willing to organize it since im sure that the OP doesnt want to go thru the ordeal again, specially since he already got his! PM or repost, lemme know!
Depending on how well this goes, i would be willing to do it again. Gives me something to do, and i like trying to help the community in some way. But I'll let ya know once it is over.

munchiaz

yay, looking forward to getting it in my hands

MrFulci

My super low profile shapeways Turbo Everdrive cover arrived on Saturday, I didn't bother opening it 'til a moment ago.

It arrives packed well, the box is something like 6 inches square, so no chance of the thing being damaged. I actually thought this would be shipped in a bubble envelope. The plastic is tough enough, so I think it would have survived a bubble envelope journey, then again, I don't mind the box, since this chunk of plastic cost close to $30 USD.

I ordered the white. I was thinking of Orange or Green, then I read it was vinyl dyed, though 50 cents extra, I had never dealt with Shapeways before, so I wanted to see how a non-dyed product turned out, and maybe next time I'll try something that they dye.

Anyway, the Shapeways item looks good, I'll post pics later. I didn't realize the underside had area's etched out for each chip and such, it's design is more complicated than I thought.

When the Turbo Everdrive gets here, I think I am supposed to cover the lower portion of the Turbo Everdrive with hot glue, and mash this Shapeways cover down on top of it.

johnnymad

Quote from: Bernie on 08/04/2014, 10:51 AMYou won't get a tracking number.  He updated the invoice.  Just check your original invoice that was emailed to you.  When you click that link, it will have the tracking there.
Ahh. Will check that. Looked on PayPal and didn't see anything. Didn't think about checking the invoice.

wildo2ne

Quote from: clackattack on 08/04/2014, 11:34 AMWell dang, wish I couldve jumped on that train before it left the station  :cry:  It would be cool if maybe we could try to do a round 2 group buy on these for the newbs or just for the folks that missed out. I could/would be willing to organize it since im sure that the OP doesnt want to go thru the ordeal again, specially since he already got his! PM or repost, lemme know!
I have a guy who just bought his first tg16, he would probably be done for one

johnnymad