OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Another new person just saying hi

Started by Ozzy_98, 07/23/2014, 09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ozzy_98

All the other new people did an intro thread, so thought I'd say hi too.  While I'm new here, I'm not new to the PC-Engine, I've just been away for a while. I was on TurboGrafx Network on yahoo groups back in 2002ish era, and hung out on IRC and sometimes on the Magic Engine forums.

I was into the duo back when I bought one at 14 (Worked on my family farm to pay for it), got a used one from Game Dude.  About 8ish years ago I stopped with game collecting just due to no room, and the unemployment thing kinda hurt too. Since I now moved into our second house and have room for it, I dug out my collection of games and been beefing it up, and I have to say, damn, things have changed.

Magical Chase?  When I quit, it was all about Sapphire, Circus Lidos, and incomplete versions of bomberman.  Lidos isn't even all that rare anymore, they found more of them from the looks of it.  And there were never any "tg-16 cart-only" collectors; heck, I never met anyone who only collected US releases since we all got shafted.

Anyways, 'ello, and wonder if anyone remembers me.

HailingTheThings

Welcome (back?) ! To these forums. Tell us about your farm, was it cute?
IMG

Ozzy_98

Was 450 moo cows when I left,

IMG

This photo from google is a bit off, on the left side, you see two silos, a blue one and grey cement one,  Slightly to the up\left from there, you can see what looks like part of a blue silo.  There should be TWO blue silos there, looks like that's where they stitched two photos together.  It also erased a cement pad back in that area, and squished a building on the end there.  Not exactly "cute"

NecroPhile

Welcome aboard.
The Cook is cooking up some steak!  IMG
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

Welcome, comrade. A handful of us were on TurboGrafx Network and Yahoo Groups.  :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Bklyn4ever

Bardoly

Welcome to Pcenginefx!

So, which are your favorite games to play for TG-16/PC Engine?

Ozzy_98

Well have to say of course Ys, wouldn't be right if I didn't say one cliche game.  Flash Hiders is also a fave, along with the Neutopias and Dungeon Explorers.  And of course all the bombermans, and Military Madness, and Dragon Slayer somewhere in there.

One game I should like but never could get myself to like is Order of the Griffon.  It plays like the SSI Goldbox games I love so much, but the controls is just a bit to cumbersome for my tastes.

And yes, I didn't name a single shooter.

Alt-Nintega

welcome to the forums Ozzy!!!! Enjoy your stay here!

cya around bud

Bardoly

Quote from: Ozzy_98 on 07/27/2014, 10:47 PMWell have to say of course Ys, wouldn't be right if I didn't say one cliche game.  Flash Hiders is also a fave, along with the Neutopias and Dungeon Explorers.  And of course all the bombermans, and Military Madness, and Dragon Slayer somewhere in there.

One game I should like but never could get myself to like is Order of the Griffon.  It plays like the SSI Goldbox games I love so much, but the controls is just a bit to cumbersome for my tastes.

No shooters at all?  That's too bad.  There are some really great shooters for this system - both easier ones and nailbitingly difficult ones.

esteban

Quote from: Ozzy_98 on 07/27/2014, 10:47 PMWell have to say of course Ys, wouldn't be right if I didn't say one cliche game.  Flash Hiders is also a fave, along with the Neutopias and Dungeon Explorers.  And of course all the bombermans, and Military Madness, and Dragon Slayer somewhere in there.

Give Order of the Griffon a second-(or third-) chance!  :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG