10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

PS1 transformer toy

Started by tpivette, 07/25/2014, 04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tpivette

http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/25/transforming-optimus-prime-playstation-is-best-thing-ever-4809908/

Just read that they're going to be releasing a toy PS1 that transformers into Optimus Prime. Apparently there will be PS2/3/4 variants as well. These look pretty cool, but are probably going to be limited to the Japanese market. Anyone thinking about importing one of these when they come out?
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

ParanoiaDragon

I'm a little surprised that Optimus isn't a SFC rather then a PS1.   Seems like it would've been more appropriate to go up against Mega Drive Megs.  I haven't thought of what would make a good PCE TF.  Probably won't pick him up unless he comes stateside.
IMG

VenomMacbeth

PCE should be Wheelie!  "Wheelie say, you obey today!" :lol:
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Medic_wheat

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 07/26/2014, 01:12 AMans
At lest you didn't say rodimus prime

Hmmm other possible transformers....

I'd say instead of picking either autobot or deception pick a third the insect icons?....or maybe since the PCE had expansions make it a combiner like bruticus?

whisper2053

Astrotrain wins for PCE. Shouldn't have to say why :)
IMG
My Retro Gaming Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/whisper2053

Medic_wheat

Quote from: whisper2053 on 07/26/2014, 10:23 PMAstrotrain wins for PCE. Shouldn't have to say why :)
He was always a fav G1 toy. And was of the few cartoon actuate toys released.

HailingTheThings

*dons an orange toga then pisses on Prime*

IMG
IMG

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 07/26/2014, 08:33 PM
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 07/26/2014, 01:12 AMans
At lest you didn't say rodimus prime

Hmmm other possible transformers....

I'd say instead of picking either autobot or deception pick a third the insect icons?....or maybe since the PCE had expansions make it a combiner like bruticus? 
How about the PC Engine as a combiner of Raiden, though, they were all bullet trains, & not a steam engine like Astrotrain.  Or perhaps Soundwave, with Hu-cardicons of Rumble, Ravage, Frenzy, etc. etc.
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 07/25/2014, 11:31 PMI haven't thought of what would make a good PCE TF.
I'd think it'd have to be Bumblebee.  Hudson.png
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!