OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Hi Everybody!

Started by SephirothTNH, 07/31/2014, 01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SephirothTNH

Hey I'm new here.  I think NightWolve is the only person I know around here.  Maybe a guy named ParinoiaDragon remembers me.  I've actually lurked for a really long time.  Sometime between my last lurking and more recent lurking the forum switched to only allowing registered users in.  So I registered and lurked some more. 

I usually go by the name Xalphenos and am the guy being talked about in this post. 

Well I always wanted a TG16 and later CD as a kid.  I just never saw them for sale anywhere except mail order.  And I could never talk my parents into doing that.  Now after all these years I finally got around to buying a TG16, in rough shape, and a PC Engine Duo.  So I figured it was time for me to be an active member here. 

I've been reading up on all the mods available for these systems so I'm going to try a bunch of them out on my TG16 and then start working on my Duo. 

Currently I have 5 games.
Bonk
Bonk II
PC Genjin III
Ys IV
Dragon Slayer Legend of Heroes II

Current completion status for these games is 0%.

Anyway it's good to be here.

NecroPhile

Welcome aboard!  You gotta get to work on clearing those!
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

munchiaz

Welcome man. Get to beatin dem games

SephirothTNH

Thanks for the welcomes. Now that I have a TG16 controller I will definitely get on the games, starting with Bonk I. 

I've got to get some solid connectors on the thing though.  I bought the TG16 as broken and the rf connector had been snapped off.  Right now I just have cinch connectors hanging out the back connected to the pin headers of the expansion port.  It works but isn't an elegant solution.

esteban

Dude, play those games! They are great.  :pcgs:

Also...

Welcome back, comrade.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NightWolve

Hey Xalphy! Did the intro thing I see, well, here's an official, hearty welcome by me! ;)

Xalphenos is a pretty cool dude over from that Ys love shack (Seldane's AHOY ALOY)! He's somebody that really won my respect because he stood up to Thomas Lipschultz from X.X.XSEED Games as he tried to persuade people there that X.X.XSEED didn't cheat me in the slightest bit, that they did absolutely *nothing* wrong when they snuck around with the translator that I used to work with, Jeff "The DeuceBag" Nussbaum, and had him go into my Translation Station software to port the Felghana translated script results over to them, collecting 100% of the credit, 100% of the payment in the process, and then going into silence for 3 years (read: playing stupid!), as well as porting more scripts over...

Jeff is currently hoping that X.X.XSEED licenses Ys VI for Steam release as well, as he has one more database from me from the project that we canned after Konami licensed it out for their PS2 version. I caught this from his Twitter account some time back and it'll be one more opportunity for him (and X.X.XSEED) to cheat me yet again.

But yeah, Xalphenos is one of those rare breed of people that values intellectual honesty and objectivity and I really appreciated it! I felt that most people would generally take Lipschultz's side in all of this and that the principle of "I hate NightWolve so I'm glad he got cheated! But let's 'spin' the situation in XSEED's favor and argue that it wasn't 'cheating' so they don't suffer a PR consequence!" would win out the day, it didn't...

So yeah, he is a "comrade" for me in far more ways than esteban's use of it! If you look at the first 5 bullet points on my xseed boycott page, that is mostly his writing that I used and credited him for there. It happened after PunkCryborg was asking for a summary because I'm too verbose and he doesn't care to read more than a couple of sentences on any given subject, so I thought to come up with a good intro summary to help get other members of the public to understand the issue. I thus borrowed some of Xalph's comments on the issue.

Anyway, apologies for going into a thorny subject in your intro thread, but it ranks high as one of the greatest donations I ever received from an Ys fan, and I keep track of that sort of thing as you're well aware... ;) Many people are cowards, or couldn't be bothered to give a shit anyways, so when somebody does help you in the court of public opinion and in the process sacrifice some of their rep/respect by the peers around them, you remember that person and given the rarity of that happening, you really appreciate it! It's a very surprising and refreshing curveball that rarely comes along! So, thanks again, Xalph!!!!

NecroPhile

How's that cock sucker's lawsuit coming along?  :lol:

It amazes me that xseed keeps him on board.  Why bother with the headache?  They already got your pre-made translation work, so cut the thief loose and hire someone else for future projects.

NightWolve

Well, assuming we're pretending that he wasn't bluffing (heh), you have a one year statute of limitation in the state of Illinois to file a libel lawsuit from the date that the alleged libel was printed (yeah, I looked it up!), and I'm afraid that a year has already passed for B.J.DeuceBag to "take legal action..." ;)

NecroPhile

Phew!  You dodged that bullet.  :mrgreen:

SephirothTNH

HAHAHA.  Thanks for the warm welcomes esteban and NightWolve.  No worries going into this subject in my intro thread NightWolve.

Like Necromancer said I'm kind of surprised they've kept him on board too.

HailingTheThings

Welcome, sir! If Nightwolve says you're good people, than* then you must be good people! Enjoy your stay!

*typo (an actual one, this time)
IMG

SephirothTNH

Thanks HailingTheThings.  I will.

Psycho Punch

Welcome my friend!
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Bardoly

Welcome to Pcenginefx!

Play them games!

SephirothTNH

Oh more welcomes!  Thanks Bardoly and Punch.  I will get on those games I promise :wink:

The back button on my controller ended up not working but I got it cleaned and it seems to be working fine now.  I'm also having some oddness with the s-video mod.  I'll post about it over in the tech area soon.