RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

"Why I Dislike The N64", or "What is the Deal With the N64?"

Started by vexcollects, 08/09/2014, 02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernie

Quote from: TheClash603 on 08/10/2014, 05:03 AM
Quote from: Bernie on 08/09/2014, 07:01 PMNever understood the dis-like for the N64.  It was bad ass for its time.  I remember paying for mine in advance, and waiting in line on release day to pick it up.  One of the most exciting systems I have ever owned, and got myself all worked up over.  No regrets to this day...  I only wish they had released the sequel to ShadowGate 64 that we never saw... 
Meaning it came out in other regions or it was cancelled?  I have Shadowgate 64, didn't know a second existed in any form.
http://www.unseen64.net/2008/04/04/shadowgate-rising-n64-cancelled/

vexcollects

Since I mentioned in my argument that I still own 13 N64 games, I should list them. Some of them are pure guilty pleasure.

- Mario 64
- Mariokart 64
- Paper Mario
- Castlevania
- Body Harvest
- Blast Corps
- Shadows of the Empire
- DOOM64
- QUAKE II
- Killer Instinct Gold
- Pilotwings 64
- Space Station Silicon valley
- Waialae Country Club Golf

I forgot which ones I owned exactly and I took a look at a top 100 games list to see if that would jog my memory. Now I really want some of those games on that list. What happened to my original argument? Sigh.... :|

Bernie

Just get the EverDrive for it.  It's what I did.

johnnymad

I've never played the DS version, so I can't say.

LostFlunky

Quote from: Bernie on 08/12/2014, 10:32 AMJust get the EverDrive for it.  It's what I did.
I've been thinking about going that route with N64 (and SNES) - selling my carts and grabbing an Everdrive...

vexcollects

QuoteI've been thinking about going that route with N64 (and SNES) - selling my carts and grabbing an Everdrive...
But the carts!! The precious carts!!..... yeah, I have considered it too, but in the back of my head this voice says I'm cheating. Not sure why that is. I don't have any weird ethical or moral stance on ROMs or ROMs running from a cart to an actual system. I do own a Retron 5 which technically emulates the ROM on the actual cart after loading it into its system memory (I think). agh! Maybe the everdrive is the way to go and I can stop the madness.

LostFlunky

Quote from: vexcollects on 08/12/2014, 11:17 AM
QuoteI've been thinking about going that route with N64 (and SNES) - selling my carts and grabbing an Everdrive...
But the carts!! The precious carts!!..... yeah, I have considered it too, but in the back of my head this voice says I'm cheating. Not sure why that is. I don't have any weird ethical or moral stance on ROMs or ROMs running from a cart to an actual system. I do own a Retron 5 which technically emulates the ROM on the actual cart after loading it into its system memory (I think). agh! Maybe the everdrive is the way to go and I can stop the madness.
I hear you, but at the same time, I have bought a lot of these games at least 2x now (at least the ones I will still play) on the original system and then again on the Virtual Console...  Not feeling too bad about giving myself some convenience...

vexcollects

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 08/10/2014, 04:55 PMOk now this thread is just reminding me that I need to pick up a copy of RE2, Pilot Wings, Banzo 1 & 2, Conkers, and shadowgate.

Luckly I have the rest mentioned.

A few others on my want list include

Worms
Duke Nukem
Bango?  (Import that was also on the dreamcast)
Sin and Punishment
Evongelion
Robotron
bust a move

And I am sure a few others lol.   Collecting for the N64 is still semi afordable but it is syarting to heat up.  I alsobrefuse to pay $80 for a loose non import game.
Yeah, in the list of N64 games I was looking at this morning I think I might buy Bangai-O, Mischief Makers, and Rocket Robot on Wheels. I guess I can think of more than the 13 games I own that I still want.

munchiaz

I had some great fun with the N64 when i was a kid. It was the console that me and all my good friends had. So we always were able to play 4 player games like mario kart, or WCW vs NWO. I will admit overtime I started to focus more on my playstation that i got a few years later. The playstation was the console that got me into JRPG's, and the N64 lacked them so i gravitated toward the playstation.

I still own a N64, but my collection is very small hybrid heaven, NBA hang time, Doom, fighters destiny to name a few. I still think its a good console, but just doesn't have the games that interest me as much

BlueBMW

Mischief Makers is pretty sweet

Shadows of the Empire is a nice romp every now and then too.

Anyone else remember getting super excited about the rumble pak with Starfox 64??? I thought that was sooo cool.  Then later there was the expansion pak for rogue squadron and turok 2... Oh man!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Arkhan Asylum

Anyone who hasn't heard someone say Mario 64 sucked must not be trying very hard.

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

vexcollects

That's true, I have never put a ton of effort into getting someone to admit the terrible nature of Mario 64.

Might be an interesting experiment. Find someone who really loves Mario 64, lock them in a small room and tie them to a chair. Then play nothing but the same ABBA album over and over with a sample of the voice of Mario spliced in at equal intervals of 17 seconds. "It's a me, Mario!" Make them resort to eating nothing but the MacDonald's fillet o fish and only provide them with flat, diet Mello Yellow for refreshment. All the while peppering the room with vomit inducing quantities of Axe body spray (so something like 2 squirts). See how long they last to the question, "Do you like Mario 64"? Every time they say yes, blast them with three hours of an unedited (for maximum terribleness) Russell Peters comedy special.

They won't last a week.

BlueBMW

Challenge accepted!  But only if I get carbonated regular coke instead of flat mello yellow
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

vexcollects

Quote from: BlueBMW on 08/12/2014, 11:17 PMChallenge accepted!  But only if I get carbonated regular coke instead of flat mello yellow
DENIED! On top of the three hour Russell Peter's comedy special you must now watch the entire first season of whatever sitcom Rod Schneider was last on. Enjoy.

VestCunt

N64 wasn't a particularly good console, but it did some things well and was an important evolutionary step, raising the bar for racing games, true 3D games, multiplayer games, and consolized first-person shooters.

I don't like the N64 overall, but it's better than all of the shit that's come out since and it's aged better than the shit-grey skidmark that is the Playstation.

The N64 is a nice final chapter for my interest in video games. It's as high on the technology curve as I care to go. It has a few weird RPG mixed genre games I like. It fulfills my racing and FPS needs that 8- and 16-bit consoles never satisfied and it has some party games that my friends will still play.
Topic Adjourned.

BlueBMW

Quote from: vexcollects on 08/12/2014, 11:23 PM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 08/12/2014, 11:17 PMChallenge accepted!  But only if I get carbonated regular coke instead of flat mello yellow
DENIED! On top of the three hour Russell Peter's comedy special you must now watch the entire first season of whatever sitcom Rod Schneider was last on. Enjoy.
Well shoot...

And well said vestcunt.  I agree the PS1 on the whole has not aged well... some of that early 3d stuff on the PS1 looks truly awful nowadays even on a proper low res CRT.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: BlueBMW on 08/12/2014, 11:26 PM
Quote from: vexcollects on 08/12/2014, 11:23 PM
Well shoot...

And well said VestCunt.  I agree the PS1 on the whole has not aged well... some of that early 3d stuff on the PS1 looks truly awful nowadays even on a proper low res CRT.
The PS1 3D may look stupid now, but the games still play good.

Tenchu, Metal Gear Solid, Jumping Flash 2, Ghost in the Shell, the Tomb raider games.... 

I recently pulled it out and started playing it again and it is still as fun as it was at the time.

My problem with Mario 64 is that it plays like crap.   It pulled the same shit as Zelda when it went 3D.    I am one of those people that plays Mario games dashing the entire time like it's a Sonic game.

Like, I was speed running Mario on accident as a kid.

Mario 64 is all slowtard autism mode, with crap cameras and a radically different pace.

Now, Super Mario 3D world on Wii U.   There's correctness.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

munchiaz

Quote from: guest on 08/12/2014, 11:23 PMN64 wasn't a particularly good console, but it did some things well and was an important evolutionary step, raising the bar for racing games, true 3D games, multiplayer games, and consolized first-person shooters.

I don't like the N64 overall, but it's better than all of the shit that's come out since and it's aged better than the shit-grey skidmark that is the Playstation.

The N64 is a nice final chapter for my interest in video games. It's as high on the technology curve as I care to go. It has a few weird RPG mixed genre games I like. It fulfills my racing and FPS needs that 8- and 16-bit consoles never satisfied and it has some party games that my friends will still play.
I think the ps1 has a great list of RPGs and fighters. Saturn has many of these games as well, and many being better, but to many of them stayed in Japan. So for me as a middle school/high school kid getting into JRPGs, the playstation was a must

Psycho Punch

I think that most of the early 3D games aside from experimental crap do play well nowadays, it's just that not many games have a "modern" controller setup. I always like to quote this gamespot review of a 2000 PS1 game, Alien Ressurrection, to illustrate the difference between our mindset in the 90's and how we perceive "normal" controls now:

"The game's control setup is its most terrifying element. The left analog stick moves you forward, back, and strafes right and left, while the right analog stick turns you and can be used to look up and down. Too often, you'll turn to face a foe and find that your weapon is aimed at the floor or ceiling while the alien gleefully hacks away at your midsection. Add to the mix a few other head scratchers - such as how the triangle button controls item and health use - and you'll be wondering how Sony let this get by without requesting a few different control configuration options."

And saying that early Sat/PS1/N64 games looks like crap is dumb. Like saying Atari2600 graphics are lame, well no shit.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Arkhan Asylum

Some PS1 games literally do look like shit, and they looked like shit at the time too lol.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Psycho Punch on 08/13/2014, 04:36 PMAnd saying that early Sat/PS1/N64 games looks like crap is dumb. Like saying Atari2600 graphics are lame, well no shit.
Many of that generation's games look like crap because of poor design and/or bad artwork, having nothing to do with primitive 3D capabilities.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

vexcollects

Maybe it's like the difference between the old star wars movies and the newer ones (1,2,3). There is a an elegance in the old effects of 4,5,6, but looking back at 1,2,3 they were able to use CG, but it wasn't there yet. I know when I watch the original trilogy (without the Lucas added stuff) those affects are still interesting to me, like the 2d generation of game graphics. However, when I watch the newer Star Wars trilogy, I really dislike the CG, like I dislike early 3d games on the N64 or the PS1. Like I said before though, I can't argue the subtleties between graphic qualities of early 3d games. That's a complicated argument.

slinkyturd

It is a dated system but like Citizen Kane I believe context needs to be considered. At its time Sony was shitting out a hundred terrible games for every one good one on their Playstation. I thought at the time that the N64 was the exact opposite of that equation. It was rare to come up with a bad title on that console. I think, all things considered, It would be easy to consider N64 to be in the top 10 consoles all time and possibly in my top 5. Here's my list of games I can still enjoy:

Army Men Sarg's Heroes
Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Tootie
Battletanx: Global Assault
Clayfighters 63 1/3
Gauntlet Legends
Gex
Goldeneye
Indiana Jones Infernal Machine
Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
Mario Party 1-3
Mortal Kombat 4 (disasterously underrated)
NFL Blitz (all three of them)
Perfect Dark
Rampage
Resident Evil 2
Star Fox 64
Star Wars Shadows of the Empire
Super Smash Bros.
Tony Hawk (1, 2, or 3 but not all of them. They are all the same game really, and I only have the patience for about one game's worth of time.)
Turok (all 4 of them. Yes, even Rage Wars)
WCW World Tour and Revenge
World is not Enough 64
Zelda Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask
70/95 US Turbochips

Bernie

Quote from: slinkyturd on 08/13/2014, 06:20 PMIt is a dated system but like Citizen Kane I believe context needs to be considered. At its time Sony was shitting out a hundred terrible games for every one good one on their Playstation. I thought at the time that the N64 was the exact opposite of that equation. It was rare to come up with a bad title on that console. I think, all things considered, It would be easy to consider N64 to be in the top 10 consoles all time and possibly in my top 5. Here's my list of games I can still enjoy:

Army Men Sarg's Heroes
Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Tootie
Clayfighters 63 1/3
Gauntlet Legends
Gex
Goldeneye
Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
Mario Party 1-3
Perfect Dark
Rampage
Resident Evil 2
Star Fox 64
Super Smash Bros.
Tony Hawk (1, 2, or 3 but not all of them. They are all the same game really, and I only have the patience for about one game's worth of time.)
World is not Enough 64
Seconded!!!

Arkhan Asylum

The list leaves out Mischief Makers and Jet Force Gemini.   Automatically fail.

slinkyturd

I wear demerits with pride.

I've actually never played either of those.
70/95 US Turbochips

ClodBusted

PukeSter

Meh, I never grew up during the 90's, but I still love my N64.

Killer Instinct Gold is the only good fighter though.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 08/14/2014, 08:36 AMMeh, I never grew up during the 90's, but I still love my N64.

Killer Instinct Gold is the only good fighter though.
I always felt that if they reported the original KI game on the N64 as originally planed it would have been a bigger sucess then KI Gold

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: guest on 08/14/2014, 01:53 AMEew, Clayfighters.
I enjoy Clayfighters a lot (I recognise I am one of the few people on the planet who does lol).  I actually bought Sculptors Cut for the sole purpose to PLAY because I like 63 1/3 so much lol.  Too bad SC sucks.  Best to stick with the normal 63 1/3.

PukeSter

Quote from: Bernie on 08/13/2014, 06:41 PM
Quote from: slinkyturd on 08/13/2014, 06:20 PMIt is a dated system but like Citizen Kane I believe context needs to be considered. At its time Sony was shitting out a hundred terrible games for every one good one on their Playstation. I thought at the time that the N64 was the exact opposite of that equation. It was rare to come up with a bad title on that console. I think, all things considered, It would be easy to consider N64 to be in the top 10 consoles all time and possibly in my top 5. Here's my list of games I can still enjoy:

Army Men Sarg's Heroes
Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Tootie
Clayfighters 63 1/3
Gauntlet Legends
Gex
Goldeneye
Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
Mario Party 1-3
Perfect Dark
Rampage
Resident Evil 2
Star Fox 64
Super Smash Bros.
World is not Enough 64
Seconded!!!
Thirded!

But I still can't take Army Men as a good series seriously.

slinkyturd

Army Men takes patience to play. I got sucked into it.
70/95 US Turbochips

BlueBMW

I forgot how fun Battletanx was.... Need to pull that one out again!

slinkyturd

Quote from: BlueBMW on 08/14/2014, 07:47 PMI forgot how fun Battletanx was.... Need to pull that one out again!
Hell yeah. Both on N64 are good but the second is vastly better.
70/95 US Turbochips

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: Bernie on 08/09/2014, 04:37 PMGotta admit, I too love the N64.  Super Mario 64 blew me out the water at the time.  I still play it to this day, my 64 that is.  It sits there looking pretty with an EverDrive stuck in it.  :)
I still have your cursed N64 Bernie. :) It still smells of cat pee but luckily functions as it should just as long as I keep it away from my other systems.

PukeSter

Still looking at your list, I see you have Rampage.

There were two of them on the N64, and I played one of the arcade versions. Pretty fun, might like to buy it.

Personal Opinion: All Midway games were better on N64 than PS1.

slinkyturd

It's fun for a couple of stages and more so with multiple players but even back then it wasn't a game to beat. it gets to mundane after a few stages as nothing really changes...but any day I can destroy major US cities is a good day.
70/95 US Turbochips

Ninja16608

No matter how you slice it the best thing about the N64 is the controller layout...... I still think it's one of the best controllers I have held. As far as everything else, meh. Anyone got a hack for N64 controller to TG16 :-) (I'm going to hell, I know)

ClodBusted

You deffo will.

By the way, as discussed in the other N64 thread, there's a way to repair junk controllers into a state where the stick works better than new. Zero lag, perfect deadzone and 100% range*. But it needed to buy parts from two different sources and combine them with basic soldering skills.

*well apart from GoldenEye, where the game used strange out-of-range/negative readings of the original stick for allowing a slightly broader range of viewport motion in the crosshair targeting mode. Depending on opinion, this can count as hair splitting or not, since the gameplay doesn't get broken at all, and other games work flawlessly.

graffias79

I like some games on the N64.  I really enjoyed Mario 64, Zelda Ocarina of Time (but I still hate Majora's Mask) Paper Mario, F-Zero X, and I played so very much Mario Kart 64 multi player.

The problem with the N64, Saturn, PS1, Jaguar, and even the 32X in some cases is that early 3D/polygons are not pretty.  Just like early 2D graphics on generation 2 consoles haven't held up to the test of time graphically.  They were more utilitarian, like a set up game board or maze path.  It wasn't until at least the 3rd generation 8-bit era where games started to become pleasant looking.  This is analogous to generation 6 consoles which were powerful enough to take the 3D concept and make it so much better with more polygons, colors, and textures.  Instead of people looking like they are made out of origami, they started having features resembling human.

2D games on the 5th gen consoles can really look amazing though.

There are, of course exceptions to every rule.  And this is my own opinion.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: graffias79 on 10/03/2014, 02:19 PMI like some games on the N64.  I really enjoyed Mario 64, Zelda Ocarina of Time (but I still hate Majora's Mask) Paper Mario, F-Zero X, and I played so very much Mario Kart 64 multi player.

The problem with the N64, Saturn, PS1, Jaguar, and even the 32X in some cases is that early 3D/polygons are not pretty.  Just like early 2D graphics on generation 2 consoles haven't held up to the test of time graphically.  They were more utilitarian, like a set up game board or maze path.  It wasn't until at least the 3rd generation 8-bit era where games started to become pleasant looking.  This is analogous to generation 6 consoles which were powerful enough to take the 3D concept and make it so much better with more polygons, colors, and textures.  Instead of people looking like they are made out of origami, they started having features resembling human.

2D games on the 5th gen consoles can really look amazing though.

There are, of course exceptions to every rule.  And this is my own opinion.
This is very true.

Which I think is why I am strating to fall for the Sega Saturn....it still did alot of 2D games.  Much of which where still sprit based.  Granted the catalog of Sega Saturn games I would say are must haves (from the US, UK *I'd say only Deep Fear*, and Japan) would be around 100.   Much of the stuff on the Japan import side you can now find in compilations or direct arcade ports on newer system that where released in the US.....most of that would be the fighting catagory...

I honestly can not name a single 2D N64 game.....maybe that paper mario game (but it was not sprit based I think)....

In fact I now strugle to think of a any PS1 games that where still sprit based......hummmm...I guess the ports of FF 3, 4, and Chrono Trigger..........

well in any case during that era of gaming the games that still impress are the 2D games even more so the sprit based games.

The 3D games from the N64 that still look good (and play well) would be Duke Nukem 3D, and Doom 64....

Infact Doom 64 looked and played the best for home console release until the more recent BFG Doom release which included Doom 1&2 for the home system (not as digital download)......although they took to many liberties on that Doom 3 port on last gen systems........Glade I still have my XBOX Doom 3 copy ...

ToyMachine78

This is the BEST use of the N64 evah! >:D

Sega Mega Gear: Game Gear TV Console Mod (Overvie...:

Bernie

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Bernie on 10/03/2014, 04:28 PM:(
Why the sad face?  it was done with 100% scrap...

or is it because you would like one of those?.....it is kinda cool...

something clone systems have yet to try and do Sega Gear games...because you know there are such a demand lol......

does make me wonder if there are any hidden gems or games only found on the game gear that wasn't originally a port of another game from the SM or Genesis....

BlueBMW

I always get sad reading threads dumping on my beloved N64 :(

bartre

*sigh*

honestly, the only real problem i have with the N64 is that the thumbstick is a pile of shit.
other than that, i genuinely love the system, even the shittacular games.
so, here's the games i'd recommend:
import-
bangai-o
sin & punishment
rakuga kids

domestic-
DK64
kirby 64
mario party 1-3
mega man 64
snowboard kids 1&2
smash bros
worms armageddon
zelda oot & MM
banjo kazooie & tooie
Blitz (all)
chameleon twist 1&2
cruisin USA & world
Diddy Kong Racing
Donald Duck goin quackers
Elmo's Number Journey
Goemon's Great Adventure
Goldeneye
International superstar Soccer 98,99,2000
Jet Force Gemini
Killer Instinct Gold
Mario Kart
Mickey's Speedway USA
Mischief Makers
Pokemon Stadium 1&2
Starfox 64
Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon
Ogre Battle 64
Paper Mario
Rampage 1&2
Star Wars ep. 1 racer
Star Wars Rogue Squadron
Tony Hawk 1,2,3
Turok 1,2,3
Wave Race 64
Wetrix
wipeout 64
Xtreme G 2
Yoshi's Story

i can have a good time with any of these at any time.

cr8zykuban0

I have to say that om a big n64 fan. I have great memories playing classics like cruisin world, mario 64, fighters destiny, bomberman 64, wave race and a bunch more. honestly its true that the n64 games are getting popular thus raising the prices which suck ass since there are only a handful of games that are actually rare. you can disagree with me but it kinda seems like you dislike it because its getting popular by many people and thats all that theyre looking for when it comes to trades. plus you say you try to show off the tg 16 to your friends but they rather play n64.  you cant change someones mind about what they like to play, maybe they grew up with the n64 and not the turbo. I didnt grow up with the turbo but I love it!

what im trying to say is you cant hate a system just because its getting a lot of hype and popularity, but you cam hate the prices they are going for lol

HailingTheThings

Quote from: bartre on 10/04/2014, 12:54 AM*sigh*

honestly, the only real problem i have with the N64 is that the thumbstick is a pile of shit.
other than that, i genuinely love the system, even the shittacular games.
so, here's the games i'd recommend:

Donald Duck goin quackers
That game is awesome, but you* you should* totes just play the DC ver. overall better, I'm sure you have that, yeah?

*Wow, must have been tired. lol
IMG

graffias79

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 10/03/2014, 04:38 PMdoes make me wonder if there are any hidden gems or games only found on the game gear that wasn't originally a port of another game from the SM or Genesis....
Game Gear Shinobi comes to mind.

CrackTiger

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 10/03/2014, 04:38 PMdoes make me wonder if there are any hidden gems or games only found on the game gear that wasn't originally a port of another game from the SM or Genesis....
Loads. It's worth getting a flash cart just for the RPGs and war sims.

I don't know how complete this lists is:

http://l-lists.com/en/lists/s0r0ug.html

It really puts into perspective why the N64 library isn't as appealing to <32-bit console fans as most other libraries.

QuoteIn fact I now strugle to think of a any PS1 games that where still sprit based......hummmm...I guess the ports of FF 3, 4, and Chrono Trigger..........
There are way too many to list. Might have more than the Saturn does.

It also depends on how strict of a definition you want to use, as even games with 2D backgrounds and sprites often incorporated polygonal elements. Same with the Saturn.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!