OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

"Atlantean" High Scores

Started by NecroPhile, 08/13/2014, 12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NecroPhile

Normal Mode

123,260 - Desh
120,110 - Necromancer
91,685 - jtucci31
54,430 - Nulltard
48,955 - Opethian
31,525 - Seieienbu

Endurance Mode

1,036,650 - Desh
224,260 - Necromancer
37,965 - Opethian
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

NecroPhile

Opethian

oh shit when I gets mines ill be all up in this!
IMG

LostFlunky

Shut this down until I can play.

roflmao

Nice, Necro!  You've crushed my high score so far.  :?

NecroPhile

How far did ya get, rofl?  I got to the second boss twice and got beat like a rented mule both times.

FiftyQuid

My score is "Shut the hell up" because I don't have my copy yet.  :evil:
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

roflmao

Quote from: NecroPhile on 08/13/2014, 04:20 PMHow far did ya get, rofl?  I got to the second boss twice and got beat like a rented mule both times.
....yeah. I haven't even seen the first boss yet, but I feel like I'm getting close! This weekend I'll hopefully be able to spend some quality time with it.  So far it's been 5-10 minutes here and there.  Yesterday I was playing it in my car during my lunch break! :)  I think my high score so far is only about 13k.

NecroPhile

Oooo, you deserve bonus points for playing on an 'Express.  :mrgreen:

NecroPhile

Much like my love life, I'm just playing with myself:

IMG

DeshDildo

I'm really going to go after this once I get my crappy Duo up and running.  I have another system I can play one but fixing up this Duo is literally consuming my life right now.
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

roflmao

I just plain suck at this game. So nothing to post here.  Hopefully that'll change one day. :/

DeshDildo

I'm taking my frustration from the Duo out on the enemies in this game.  Spent a bit of time with it and I'm nipping at your heels. 

IMG
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

Opethian

I got about 34k at the shark boss 1st time. I think Im getting the hang.
IMG

DeshDildo

New score to beat!  Who's going to be the first to hit 100k?

IMG

NecroPhile

Me.  I was just waiting for some competition before posting.  :-"

IMG

DeshDildo

Quote from: NecroPhile on 08/20/2014, 09:59 AMMe.  I was just waiting for some competition before posting.  :-"
Hahaha... you sandbagger.  I'm really going to need to step it up.  I always do well until I get to that damn shark.  That thing takes a bunch of my lives when it charges at me.

Opethian

44510 fuccen shaarrrrkkk
IMG

DeshDildo

I haven't bested Necro's score but I want the record to show I passed 100k.

IMG

DeshDildo

In the words of Darth Vader, "I have you now."  Unless NecroPhile has another score he's been holding out on us with.

IMG

NecroPhile

Nice one.  I've not been able to beat my last high score..... yet.  :mrgreen:

Arkhan Asylum

I think what I will do is, the winners of this will be immortalized in the second batch's ROM of the game.

This includes ENDURANCE MODE SO GET YOUR FUCKIN DICKS OUT AND START PLAYING.

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

DeshDildo

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 08/26/2014, 07:34 PMI think what I will do is, the winners of this will be immortalized in the second batch's ROM of the game.

This includes ENDURANCE MODE SO GET YOUR FUCKIN DICKS OUT AND START PLAYING.
SWEET!  Did you want video evidence of me kicking ass with my dick hanging out?

Arkhan Asylum

please, show me your alpha sword.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

DeshDildo

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 08/26/2014, 09:22 PMplease, show me your alpha sword.
I certainly wouldn't call it an "alpha sword" dwarf sword maybe.

Arkhan Asylum

Also here's some hints for high scoring:

1) Don't suck
2) you have to let humans get captured, and then save them and put them on the ground.

This requires being good at rapidly flying around while not dying, while probably carrying some guys around.  You can carry more than 1.

But if you can't keep all the gimps alive, you'll probably not beat the highest score.

MrFulci

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 08/27/2014, 01:42 AMAlso here's some hints for high scoring:

1) Don't suck
2) you have to let humans get captured, and then save them and put them on the ground.

This requires being good at rapidly flying around while not dying, while probably carrying some guys around.  You can carry more than 1.

But if you can't keep all the gimps alive, you'll probably not beat the highest score.
I don't have it yet, but it sounds like...

Atlantean is Deep Blue, and Defender, rolled into something?
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

NecroPhile

Who can score the least yet beat the game?  The other night, I saved Atlantis with a final score of only 68,050.  :lol:

Arkhan Asylum

What'd you do, kill all the Atlanteans?

NecroPhile

Yep.  Let 'em die early, don't pick up any in bonus rounds, and cheese your way to the end.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: NecroPhile on 09/02/2014, 04:22 PMYep.  Let 'em die early, don't pick up any in bonus rounds, and cheese your way to the end.
Yeah you can just sit there and turn on auto fire and rail all the mutants and gimpdick your way to the end and get the worst score ever.

Arkhan Asylum

ATTENTION: PEEPEE TOUCHERS.

You have until the end of the week to sort out high scoring to be immortalized in future runs of Atlantean.

I'll take the top 3.

lol, and the lowest 1.

Opethian

I'll settle as the lowest one

IMG

NecroPhile

How many copies of Atlantean sold and only three people appear to have actually played it.  How fucking sad.  :(

jtucci31

Been playing the rom on my everdrive quite a bit. Finally got a score higher than 14k. 31,330 is my highest but I'm trying to beat it. I know that's pretty meh. I'm not good at this game, sadly. But i want to be!

Arkhan said before to let the humans get captured and then save them and plop them back on the ground, i believe? That's pretty difficult, but i try! Any other tips?

DeshDildo

I am ashamed to admit that I haven't played this game in a few weeks.  With Arkhan's kick in the ass I decided to try my hand at endurance mode.  I only made 3 attempts and the first two was knocking the rust off.  I plan to play a bit more tonight and surpass the 100k mark.

IMG

DeshDildo

Quote from: guest on 09/22/2014, 02:42 PMBeen playing the rom on my everdrive quite a bit. Finally got a score higher than 14k. 31,330 is my highest but I'm trying to beat it. I know that's pretty meh. I'm not good at this game, sadly. But i want to be!

Arkhan said before to let the humans get captured and then save them and plop them back on the ground, i believe? That's pretty difficult, but i try! Any other tips?
Arkhan's most notable pro tip was, "Get your dicks out and play."  I personally haven't found this to aid in my scoring yet.

NecroPhile

Nice, Desh.  I'll have to get back to it and give Endurance Mode a few more runs; I think my best so far was ~70k.

OldMan

QuoteArkhan said before to let the humans get captured and then save them and plop them back on the ground
Don't forget you can grab more than 1 guy at a time. This lets you drop them off together, where they are a bit easier to protect :)

esteban

Quote from: NecroPhile on 09/22/2014, 10:15 AMHow many copies of Atlantean sold and only three people appear to have actually played it.  How fucking sad.  :(
I will gladly take the game off anyone who wants to let go if it.

:pcgs:

I'm serious.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

DeshDildo

I thought you guys might think besting 100k in endurance mode was too weak so I took Arkhan's advice and busted my dick out.

IMG

NecroPhile

Like a boss!  How many loops did it take?

DeshDildo

Quote from: NecroPhile on 09/22/2014, 07:17 PMLike a boss!  How many loops did it take?
I'm not sure but, quite a few.  I learned a couple of techniques for saving some of the Atlanteans.  This leads me to believe that I could best my 123xxx high score on Normal mode.

DeshDildo

Well I figured out how to stay alive so endurance mode becomes a "how much time do you have to rack up your score"

IMG

Here's the proof I could have gone on a lot more but was too tired to and just let myself get killed.

IMG

NecroPhile

You've made Atlantean your bitch!  You wanna share your strategies?

DeshDildo

Quote from: NecroPhile on 09/23/2014, 09:47 AMYou've made Atlantean your bitch!  You wanna share your strategies?
Slowly scroll and constantly move up and down while blasting away.  If one of the invaders has an Atlantean at the top of the screen use a bomb to release the Atlantean and another bomb to clear the screen when you go to grab the Atlantean.  I also always try to hold at least one Atlantean so there is no way they can take them all.

P.S. you have better control over shooting if you manually press the button rapidly instead of using the turbo function.

Arkhan Asylum

Aw yiss.

Desh is a srs Atlantean.

Arkhan Asylum

SO IS EVERYONE DONE HERE.

If so, It looks like Desh is in the endurance hall of fame.

DeshDildo

Gave Atlantean a little shout out in this one.

Opethian

I have a paltry endurance score ill post up screens when I get home
IMG