Police raid gamer's office while he was live-streaming

Started by SuperPlay, 08/28/2014, 01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperPlay

'A video gamer's office near Denver, US, was dramatically raided by armed police - and the incident was broadcast live online'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-28970473

NecroPhile

You'd think they'd notice the phone call originating from somewhere else.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

bob

cant see link on my phone...but judging by your title... if it was caught live, its either fake or scripted (still fake) or planned. 
no way is this going to be a true "take down" of a criminal operation that "happened" to get caught on camera.
again...cant see it, so im speculating

Sadler

It's real. The story occurred a couple miles from my house, and a stones throw from my old apartment.

"KOOTRA SWATTED FULL VIDEO" "Member of Creatures" "Littleton Swatt video" "The creatures swatted"

EDIT: I should clarify. This wasn't a chance take down of some dude that just happened to be live streaming. The guy was swatted.

SuperPlay

I agree that it does seem a little staged, however I am in no doubt that from the police side of things it was real.  I am just wondering if he reported the incident to the police himself in the hope of becoming an internet hit! I say this as the source is not some random forum it is on the BBC News Site.

Back to the UK:

'A biker who filmed himself nearly crashing into a car head-on at high speed has been found guilty of dangerous driving.'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-28861828

bob

Quote from: Sadler on 08/28/2014, 02:02 PMIt's real. The story occurred a couple miles from my house, and a stones throw from my old apartment.
ok...I see sadlers link...the one that says "hoax" and "prank" in first paragraphs.
 :lol:

Opethian

IMG

NecroPhile

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

o.pwuaioc

He got SWATTED. Said he killed a bunch of office workers. What I'd like to know is why the officers didn't realize it was a prank as soon as they walk in and no one is dead.

Medic_wheat

At the end of the match, the game can be heard declaring: "Terrorists win."

Some how the reaction or almost comedical jokey way the gamer responded to being swated (which I have never heard of until today) makes me think he planed it to happen.

420GOAT

pretty stupid if he did it, some cops cant wait to smoke someone. and im not one to be against cops for any little reason, but why did that dickhead have to step on him?
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: 420GOAT on 08/28/2014, 05:14 PMpretty stupid if he did it, some cops cant wait to smoke someone. and im not one to be against cops for any little reason, but why did that dickhead have to step on him?
It's pretty basic take down manover to maintain positive control of a suspect when in two man teams.

Similar to what they teach in the military. It looks more dramatic then it actually is.

NecroPhile

It's more holding someone with your foot than standing on them with full weight.

xcrement5x

Quote from: SuperPlay on 08/28/2014, 01:29 PM'A video gamer's office near Denver, US, was dramatically raided by armed police - and the incident was broadcast live online'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-28970473
Lol, I read this and immediately thought Joe had gotten some GameSnack grief. 

Still pretty crazy, I hope they catch the prick that called in and probably wasted at least several thousand dollars worth of taxpayer money just for a prank.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

BlueBMW

Dang, that's close to where I'm at now.... hey that means they're wasting my money!  >:(
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Medic_wheat

Joe Redifer

It would be impossible to SWAT us because nobody knows the exact moment we record. And even then, there's editing so no guarantee that anyone would actually see it.

Although I think this is an absolute dick move that puts many innocent lives in danger, I am wondering how it costs the taxpayers much money. The SWAT members were already at work and on the clock, right? Same with the dispatcher? Where does the money that would otherwise not have been spent go?

EvilEvoIX

I hope they catch the prankster and give him some serious time.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 08/29/2014, 03:01 AMAlthough I think this is an absolute dick move that puts many innocent lives in danger, I am wondering how it costs the taxpayers much money. The SWAT members were already at work and on the clock, right? Same with the dispatcher? Where does the money that would otherwise not have been spent go?
Yeah, it doesn't really cost any more than a training exercise.

bob

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 08/29/2014, 03:01 AMIt would be impossible to SWAT us because nobody knows the exact moment we record. And even then, there's editing so no guarantee that anyone would actually see it.

Although I think this is an absolute dick move that puts many innocent lives in danger, I am wondering how it costs the taxpayers much money. The SWAT members were already at work and on the clock, right? Same with the dispatcher? Where does the money that would otherwise not have been spent go?
They also take it very seriously, because if a real emergency came up, all these resources are pointed someplace else.

And its true the people are on the clock, but if anything happened to any equipment, that costs money.
Also, think if they dispatched a copter or something. Those things arent just paid for. Each situation carries its own pricetag which is billed to the local "precinct" or whatever. Each individual office operates its own budget, and if budget is wasted, its a ton of protocol to apply for more, again if a real emergency happened later in the year or something. At the end of the day, its the feds moving money from one pocket to the other, but these types of hoaxes can have a ripple effect within the economics of law enforcement.

Quote from: guest on 08/29/2014, 10:39 AMYeah, it doesn't really cost any more than a training exercise.
Kind of true, but training is planned for and specifically paid for.
Trust me, if training exceeds budget, there is hell to pay.

xcrement5x

Just saw this link, I believe it was not pertaining to this exact instance, but still pretty relevant.

http://www.nymeta.co/15-year-old-swatted-gamer-convicted-domestic-terrorism-25-years-life-federal-prison/

EDIT: Disregard the above, not sure about the validity of the article or the site in general :|
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Joe Redifer

Is there a link to that story on a more legitimate news site? Not saying the news story is false, I just don't trust sources that have links to other stories like "McDonald's uses worm food and can still call it meat" and the like.

bob

BlueBMW

Wow Mineral and Broadway?  I knew it was close by but thats like a stones throw from where my job is lol
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

xcrement5x

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 09/01/2014, 12:01 AMIs there a link to that story on a more legitimate news site? Not saying the news story is false, I just don't trust sources that have links to other stories like "McDonald's uses worm food and can still call it meat" and the like.
Lol, good point.  I actually got this link from a gaming group on Facebook and I am a bit leery of it's validity as well.  The picture is from something different, and the link doesn't even work now!

roflmao

That site is hilarious! Thanks for linking to it.  It's too bad the original article is gone (I missed it :() but some of those article are gold!