Hey from Vegas

Started by cjameslv, 09/09/2014, 02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjameslv

First off thanks for the site! Been reading threads nonstop and there's alot of great info to be found here. I got back into retro gaming and first system i went and bought was a TG16 with CD addon and a handful of games i used to play as a kid. Second thing was a 32" crt tv to play it on (wife's reaction to the old school tv in our bedroom was priceless) 8) Love shmups, side scrollers and rpgs. Looking forward to growing this collection out.

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Azzurri

Hello,

Are you going to the classic gaming expo this weekend?

I should have looked and booked a weekend when this was going on, sigh

HailingTheThings

Welcome!

Was her reaction something like this?

IMG
IMG

cjameslv

Quote from: Azzurri on 09/09/2014, 03:48 PMHello,

Are you going to the classic gaming expo this weekend?

I should have looked and booked a weekend when this was going on, sigh
Yeah sure will. They sell one day passes for $15 to locals here so i always check it out 1st day at least.

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 09/09/2014, 05:19 PMWelcome!

Was her reaction something like this?

IMG
Thanks & LOL it wasn't quite that bad but it was very humorous to see!

esteban

Welcome, comrade!  :pcgs:

Please post more often than the other new folks...share your ideas/impressions on the games you play...feel free to critique them.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

johnnymad

Welcome. There are a bunch of great shooters for the TG. I'd recommend getting a Turbo Everdrive to play all of them. :)

EvilEvoIX

Vegas has a really good Classic Video Game store right by the Liberace Museum.  You should definitely check it out if you haven't,  last I was there they had a boxed VALS and other turbo stuff, free arcade games, even a Sharp NES TV, GREAT store they have a little of everything.

A Gamer's Paradise

1550 E Tropicana Ave
Ste 4
Las Vegas, NV 89119
Phone number (702) 478-3131
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

cjameslv

Quote from: johnnymad on 09/10/2014, 10:51 AMWelcome. There are a bunch of great shooters for the TG. I'd recommend getting a Turbo Everdrive to play all of them. :)
Yeah i just found the everdrive yesterday. Very cool idea but then it takes all the fun out of my hunting all the games i want down! Not saying i wouldn't get it though to hold me over until i bought the games i want  :wink:

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 09/10/2014, 11:11 AMVegas has a really good Classic Video Game store right by the Liberace Museum.  You should definitely check it out if you haven't,  last I was there they had a boxed VALS and other turbo stuff, free arcade games, even a Sharp NES TV, GREAT store they have a little of everything.

A Gamer's Paradise

1550 E Tropicana Ave
Ste 4
Las Vegas, NV 89119
Yep i been there. Game selection was small but it was really cool. I found a huge store called Wiiplaygames as well. Store is massive with all kinds of stuff. Might try that next time you visit!

Their info is:
Wii Play Games
3310 S. Nellis Blvd, Suite #10
Las Vegas, NV 89121

DeshDildo

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 09/10/2014, 11:11 AMA Gamer's Paradise

1550 E Tropicana Ave
Ste 4
Las Vegas, NV 89119
I walked to this place when I stayed at the MGM back in April.  His console "Museum" is pretty cool and features some rare and oddball stuff.  His prices were a bit high (especially on TG stuff) but, I managed to walk out of there with a bunch of NES games that are hard to find in my region.
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

Bklyn4ever

Sarumaru

Hi James! I'm also new, 35 years old and live in Vegas... TWILIGHT ZONE!! Are you going to LVL UP Expo at Cashman Center in May? I'm trying to get someone to put together a TG-16/PCE panel but with little luck as there are few fans of the console here. Anyhoo! I came here from the facebook group: The one & only PC Engine & TG-16 Obey group  - are you on there? :D