10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Duo screen burn in

Started by Azzurri, 09/13/2014, 09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azzurri

Hey ya guys.

So I got my Duo all set up running through my XRGB Mini via the regular composit, but after a couple hours of play I noticed significant screen burn in on my PC monitor. 

I ran some youtube burn fix and that did the job, but now I'm worried firing it up again and it doing the same thing.

My monitor is a 1444p IPS monitor, it's only 2 years old.  I'm just wondering if there is anything I can do about it.

I don't know if the RGB mini its self or if there are any option i'm using that is causing this problem.

Azzurri

Quote from: guest on 09/13/2014, 10:44 PMI've never heard of screen burn on an LCD. CRT and plasma, but not LCD. Crazy stuff there, man.
Yea, I'm playing Dragon slayer and it leaves stuck pixels all over, so I have to run a burn in fix on YT which works, but it really sucks how it's doing this.

I have an older LCD monitor I'm gonna try, maybe it's this one.

Joe Redifer

LCD has screen retention. After the screen ages, you'll begin to see what looks like a burned in image, especially high contrast stuff. It'll go away after a short while. There is no permanent damage. I notice this on my computer screen from 2004.

thesteve

well said joe
if you hadnt said it i was gonna

Azzurri

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 09/13/2014, 10:56 PMLCD has screen retention. After the screen ages, you'll begin to see what looks like a burned in image, especially high contrast stuff. It'll go away after a short while. There is no permanent damage. I notice this on my computer screen from 2004.
Thanks Joe.  That's good to know.

Mishran

That happened to me when playing Bonks Revenge recently. I saw the outlines of the hearts in you life bar for a couple hours after. Had me worried till it went away. My TV is and LCD that I bought this past black friday, so it can happen on newer TVs too.

Azzurri

Quote from: Mishran on 09/14/2014, 11:12 AMThat happened to me when playing Bonks Revenge recently. I saw the outlines of the hearts in you life bar for a couple hours after. Had me worried till it went away. My TV is and LCD that I bought this past black friday, so it can happen on newer TVs too.
Yea, I was worried if I hooked it to my new TV it would do the same a ruin it and I didn't want that.  But it's nice to know that it goes away.

thesteve

plasmas do retention as well as burn in
so a ghost on a plasma is also quick to pass in most cases