10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Turbo Ignorance

Started by synbiosfan, 09/19/2014, 08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

synbiosfan

Here are some excerpts from a Turbo Duo sales thread (which appears to have been sold already).

Quote from: sellerWell I got my first PCE from a reputable member on here about 2 months ago. After spending quite a bit of time playing the games I determined the PCE just isnt for me. So I would like to pass it along to someone who will get some good use out of it.

The Duo has been recapped, and appears to have a new laser. The system plays flawlessly and I havent had any problems out of it.

The Duo does have a small crack in the buttom of the back right hand corner. The plastic is still in tact and is not loose. The only time you can see it is if you flip the console over and stare at the corners. This is how it was before I got it.

The lot includes:

PCEngine Duo with OEM Power Adapter and Composite cable.
1x Controller
1x Turbo Everdrive
6x HuCard Games
Alien Crush
Shubibinman
Cyber Cross
Majin Eiyu Wataru (Keith Courage)
Bikkuriman World (Wonder Boy)
Bonks Adventure 3

2x CD Games
Ys 1 & 2
Pomping World

I prefer to sell the whole lot at once. But may separate. I am asking $300 shipped in the US. This is actually less than I have in everything here.
QuoteDude, you just got your Turbo Everdrive like 2 weeks ago. What happened? Did you try the Soldier series, Gate of Thunder, Nexzr and all?
QuoteLol I'll buy it back. PM incoming.
Quote from: sellerYea, its a great system. Especially if your into shmups ( which I suck at, lol ). Other than the Ys games, I just dont really find myself 'enjoying' them. And rather having it sit here collecting dust, I thought it would be best to pass it along to someone who would get some use out of it.
While I admirer the fact the seller doesn't want to keep a system he won't use, how can you decide in 2 months a system isn't for you? I've had my Everdrive for a few months and have barely begun to explore the library of games I have.

At least he didn't charge a ransom for it.

I just can't relate to the seller ](*,)

DeshDildo

It took me awhile to get into my TG after I bought it but it was mostly because I couldn't find any games.  I don't know how this could happen if you own an Everdrive thougg.  How could you not at least sample every game on card and at least burn a few CD-Rs?  You're bound to find stuff you like.
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

esteban

Insane.

I've spent more time playing two games on my damn XaviX than this fellow allowed for the entire PCE library of games.

$300 was a steal, though. Damn.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

ToyMachine78

I applaud him on price. That was one helluva deal for someone.

Opethian

niko49 still gaining acceptance
IMG

PunkCryborg

lol yeah I saw that thread too. Funny when people spend hundreds of dollars on a system and don't even know what they are getting into

synbiosfan

@ Ope lol

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 09/20/2014, 02:03 PMlol yeah I saw that thread too. Funny when people spend hundreds of dollars on a system and don't even know what they are getting into
I buy systems because of games I want to play. When I got my first TG-16 it was for Splatterhouse. If I didn't buy another game I would have been happy.

Buying a system because everyone says it's awesome without doing any or little research on the games results in silly shit like this.

Down the road, Niko will probably see a youtube vid or read an article that'll make buy another :P

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: synbiosfan on 09/20/2014, 03:06 PMI buy systems because of games I want to play. When I got my first TG-16 it was for Splatterhouse. If I didn't buy another game I would have been happy.
I just can't justify buying a console for one game. Too expensive, too little room to spare. For me, I only get consoles if I want at least 25 games for it, though that number is less for add-ons and handhelds (so I'm OK with a Lynx and 32X, but not so much a 3DO, Jaguar, or INTV).

CGQuarterly

I saw that thread over there as well, and had a similar reaction.  I am not as die hard of a Turbo fan as some of you folks are, but there are a shit-ton of good games on the system and I would never sell mine.

synbiosfan

Quote from: guest on 09/20/2014, 04:02 PM
Quote from: synbiosfan on 09/20/2014, 03:06 PMI buy systems because of games I want to play. When I got my first TG-16 it was for Splatterhouse. If I didn't buy another game I would have been happy.
I just can't justify buying a console for one game. Too expensive, too little room to spare.
I knew there'd be more titles I'd like. Plus the prices were a little different when I got mine 8)

I bought a lot with a TG-16, Splatterhouse, Alien Crush, Raiden, Bonk's I & II, Side Arms, Legendary Axe 1 & 2, etc.

My first system had to include Splatterhouse was the main thing.

I don't own 25 Wii games only 20 :P

o.pwuaioc

removed

Emerald Rocker

The only three good Wii games are:

Pokémon Battle Revolution
No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle
Calling
Official member of the PCEFX 4K Post Club

NecroPhile

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 09/20/2014, 02:03 PMlol yeah I saw that thread too. Funny when people spend hundreds of dollars on a system and don't even know what they are getting into
Yeah, I don't get that.  Why buy if you don't know what you wanna play?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Bernie

I just want to play Beyond Shadowgate....  Think I will now....

esadajr

Quote from: synbiosfan on 09/19/2014, 08:59 PM...how can you decide in 2 months a system isn't for you?...
Correction, how can you decide the PCE isn't for you? If you do, you don't deserve the air you're breathing.
Gaming since 1985

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: esadajr on 11/19/2014, 09:54 AM
Quote from: synbiosfan on 09/19/2014, 08:59 PM...how can you decide in 2 months a system isn't for you?...
Correction, how can you decide the PCE isn't for you? If you do, you don't deserve the air you're breathing.
We really need to kill this attitude. Let's let other people decide they don't want to buy PCE games, thereby making it cheaper for the rest of us.

geise

Quote from: guest on 11/19/2014, 11:16 AM
We really need to kill this attitude. Let's let other people decide they don't want to buy PCE games, thereby making it cheaper for the rest of us.
Word.  PCE is terrible!  Don't ever ever buy anything for it!  You'll hate it.

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: geise on 11/19/2014, 12:00 PM
Quote from: guest on 11/19/2014, 11:16 AM
Word.  PCE is terrible!  Don't ever ever buy anything for it!  You'll hate it.
I mean, it's not even 16 bit. NES kills it. Get that instead, amirite?

esadajr

oops, you guys are right the PCE sucks ass. Geat an N64 instead
Gaming since 1985

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: esadajr on 11/21/2014, 06:15 PMoops, you guys are right the PCE sucks ass. Geat an N64 instead
Bitches love a three-prong controller.