The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
IMG
Main Menu

Secret Santa 2014

Started by NecroPhile, 10/01/2014, 02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NecroPhile

/xmaszonk.jpg

It's Secret Santa time again!  Here's the rules:

1.  Don't sign up if you can't or won't follow through.
2.  Signups are open now until the first(ish) of November, at which time everyone'll be matched up and wish lists will get sent out to your respective Santa.
3.  To make life easier for me, please fill in the form below when sending me your info.  Keep in mind that the more options your Santa has, the better the chances of him (or her) finding a good deal in the time allotted.
4.  Value of your gift(s) should be in the $20-30 range - real value and not bloated OMG R@R3 L@@K bin pricing.
5.  Gifts should be mailed by December 10th at the latest, but don't mail it too early either.  If for some reason you won't be able to meet that time frame, please let me know as early as possible so that alternate plans can be made and nobody ends up with nothing under their tree but an old fruitcake.
6.  This is important and bears repeating: don't sign up if you won't follow through; you fuck this up and I'll ban your ass.
7.  The most important rule is to have fun!

For extra holiday cheer, one random participant will be selected to receive coal in their stocking and another participant will get a copy of the Turbo Legacy Poster.  If you don't want (or already have) either of these goodies, please note accordingly on the form below.

Also, let me know if you don't want to shop for me since it won't exactly be secret.

Thanks to xcrement5x, one lucky Santa will be getting a loose copy of Hudson Vol. 5 - Necromancer.

Forum Alias:
Last Year's Recipient (if applicable):
Shipping Name/Address:
Condition (i.e. - complete, boxed, mint, loose, etc.):
Wish List:
Entered in the poster drawing? (yes/no):
Entered in the Magicoal drawing? (yes/no):
Entered in the Necromancer drawing? (yes/no):
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

NecroPhile

This space reserved for list of participants.  Please send me a PM if your name isn't listed and it should be.

I don't need your wish list to sign up, by the way.  That can wait until the end of the month, so y'all got plenty of time to think it over.

420GOAT
bartre
Black Tiger
BlueBMW
cjameslv
Desh
esteban
geise
grache
hoobs88
jeffhlewis
joshuaTurbo
jtucci31
Mathius
Medic_wheat
Necromancer
Opethian
PunkCryborg
tggodfrey
TheNeck
The Old Rover
turboswimbz
xcrement5x

xcrement5x

Yay!  Secret Santa returns again!
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

bob

ahh...the annual "Outrun" thread returns!!

of course I'm in.  and I want in on the poster if eligible.  (I won coal last year)

Medic_wheat

I'm in.

This could be fun

DeshDildo

I'm in like flint if you allow newbs.
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

jtucci31

I'd like to join as well even though I'm still new-ish here. I hope most of you are ok with that. I mean the wish list really helps these types of situations. I'll do my damn best!

Medic_wheat

IMG

OHHHHhhhhh

I had asumed you meant that fake coal stuff that you sometimes see...

This is much more creative and related to Obey....

JoshTurboTrollX

Wonder Momos for everyone!!  MWAYHAHAHAHAHAHHAH!!!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

420GOAT

I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car.

bartre

does the rule still stand that you don't HAVE to ask specifically for turbo stuff?
if so, i'm in.
if not, i might have to think about it, as i can't really think of anything i want offhand.

NecroPhile

It doesn't have to be OBEY, but why would you want anything else?!?  Have you been naughty?

hoobs88

Count me in! I'll try to submit my wishlist over the weekend.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

bob

hey NecroPhile, im actually going to bow out this year.  i look forward to following the thread.

PunkCryborg

TheNeck

I'm in if i i can, since i am new to the forum.

Sounds like fun!

bartre

Quote from: guest on 10/02/2014, 09:37 AMIt doesn't have to be OBEY, but why would you want anything else?!?  Have you been naughty?
hmm, i'll have to make up some kind of a list, perhaps just some kind of craft/mod?
but yeah, i'm in :)

NecroPhile

Quote from: bartre on 10/03/2014, 12:41 AMhmm, i'll have to make up some kind of a list, perhaps just some kind of craft/mod?
If you don't want games at all (for any system), then we can ask for handy Santas that are willing to make something for you.  We had one like that last year and it worked out fine.

bob

Quote from: guest on 10/06/2014, 10:01 AM
Quote from: bartre on 10/03/2014, 12:41 AMhmm, i'll have to make up some kind of a list, perhaps just some kind of craft/mod?
If you don't want games at all (for any system), then we can ask for handy Santas that are willing to make something for you.  We had one like that last year and it worked out fine.
this was my request two years ago.  swimby made me some nifty 'bob related book ends.

tggodfrey

I would like to join in this year.  I dont mind getting you Necro.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

geise

Why the hell not!  Sign me up!  I didn't do it last year.  I will make time this year.

esteban

I'll sign up if someone wants a turbo-related craft/artwork...
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Opethian

id buy a turbodoodle mug

just saying hint hint wink wink nudge nudge saynomore
IMG

esteban

bob

Turbodoodle?  Whats that?  Some kind of lost art or something?  Sounds like the legend of forumites?  You know, fun things people used to commit to?

(galam has buster bros doodle printed on photo paper and framed in game room)

NecroPhile

In honor of this being the fifth anniversary of Secret Santa, xelement is offering up a huey only copy of Hudson Vol. 5 - Necromancer for raffling to Santas.  :dance:

Quote from: esteban on 10/07/2014, 07:23 PMI'll sign up if someone wants a turbo-related craft/artwork...
If anyone is interested in this, let me know via PM.  :mrgreen:

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: galam on 10/07/2014, 08:04 PMTurbodoodle?  Whats that?  Some kind of lost art or something?  Sounds like the legend of forumites?  You know, fun things people used to commit to?

(galam has buster bros doodle printed on photo paper and framed in game room)
People really need to make good on their promises....
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

esteban

jeffhlewis

Yeah man! Count me in again this year. You can leave me out of the raffle for Necromancer though (already own it).

bartre

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 10/11/2014, 01:17 AMYeah man! Count me in again this year. You can leave me out of the raffle for Necromancer though (already own it).
IMG

jeffhlewis

Quote from: bartre on 10/11/2014, 03:42 AM
Quote from: jeffhlewis on 10/11/2014, 01:17 AMYeah man! Count me in again this year. You can leave me out of the raffle for Necromancer though (already own it).
IMG
IMG

OldRover

Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

NecroPhile

cjameslv

NecroPhile

jtucci31

I know i still need to PM you all of my information/wish list stuff. That will be made up shortly, i just want to compile a decent enough wish list. Never thought that'd be difficult to do!

PunkCryborg

Quote from: guest on 10/22/2014, 02:12 PMI know i still need to PM you all of my information/wish list stuff. That will be made up shortly, i just want to compile a decent enough wish list. Never thought that'd be difficult to do!
If you have a PC Engine daisakusen account you can make a wishlist on there from the whole collection of pce and turbo games and just give NecroPhile the link
http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/36/home.htm

turboswimbz

Hey NecroPhile I'm in if it's not to late.  (although I STILL haven't played my awesome games from last year.)  long story short I'm in need of some repairs and it's been a very very long year. 

If it isn't I will  have a list for you soon.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

xcrement5x

List submitted finally!
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

PunkCryborg

If anyone is on the fence about signing up... Do it! It's fun and I look forward to it every year!

esteban

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 10/27/2014, 06:37 PMIf anyone is on the fence about signing up... Do it! It's fun and I look forward to it every year!
I was so happy being a Grinch in years past. Don't underestimate the joy of isolating yourself.

Of course, this year I finally decide to join. The problem, for me, has always been choosing games that are cheap/easy to find.

I'm still having a hard time figuring out what the hell is an affordable game these days.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: esteban on 10/27/2014, 06:51 PM
Quote from: PunkCryborg on 10/27/2014, 06:37 PMIf anyone is on the fence about signing up... Do it! It's fun and I look forward to it every year!
I was so happy being a Grinch in years past. Don't underestimate the joy of isolating yourself.

Of course, this year I finally decide to join. The problem, for me, has always been choosing games that are cheap/easy to find.

I'm still having a hard time figuring out what the hell is an affordable game these days.
For me $25-35

Mind you the retro gaming market is just getting more and more jacked up in cost.

But you can often find games reasonably priced instead of the inflated cost

tggodfrey

No matter how large your collection, there are 10-30.00 games out there that are fun to play.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

cjameslv

I finally will have some time tomorrow night to get a list pm'd to you.

NecroPhile

Confirmation lists have been sent out to all Santas; please check 'em over and fill in anything missing or incorrect as soon as possible.

And if you want to be included but didn't get one, let me know.

Duo_R

if it isn't too late you can sign me up. I haven't been on here so missed the post. lol
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

NecroPhile

Sorry, Duo_R, but everyone's already been matched up.  Unless some more latecomers want in or someone volunteers to trade their recipient with you (I'd do it myself but the shopping has already begun), you're too late.  :|

Duo_R

it's all good, November rolled around way to fast and totally missed this thread. I'll join again next year. A bag of coal for replying late for me! lol

esteban

Duo_R

Esteban, are you saying your going to send me coal! Awesome.... I deserve it! 

:dance: