Oh yeah....Well I'm unsubbing! So THERE!

Started by mackdanger, 10/21/2014, 05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mackdanger

I have been noticing this in YouTube comments with some frequency lately. Is this a new thing or has it been going on for some time? I don't really know what the people who do this think they are accomplishing. Do they really expect the channel owner to apologize and start begging them not to unsub? Has this happened to anyone here?
Check out "Skill Sets" my 1CC / No Death video series:
https://www.youtube.com/user/richardgalactic

HailingTheThings

Probably one of the funniest things you can leave in the comments to a video from a youtube celeb, whether its meant as a joke or not.

IMG
IMG

NecroPhile

People read youtube comments?  I thought they were just for flaming, trolling, and nonsensical shit that has little (if anything) to do with the video.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

mackdanger

Quote from: guest on 10/21/2014, 09:36 AMPeople read youtube comments?  I thought they were just for flaming, trolling, and nonsensical shit that has little (if anything) to do with the video.
Normally I don't. But this has been popping up with some frequency. People are typing out these long screeds and then ending with, "Unsubbed!" I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, considering the normal substance of YT comments. But this just seems even more pathetic than the usual combination of racial/homosexual slurs because it seems to be done in complete seriousness.

esteban

I prefer to say "SNUBBED" but I suppose "UNSUBBED" is adequate.

Quote from: mackdanger on 10/21/2014, 05:04 AMI have been noticing this in YouTube comments with some frequency lately. Is this a new thing or has it been going on for some time? I don't really know what the people who do this think they are accomplishing. Do they really expect the channel owner to apologize and start begging them not to unsub? Has this happened to anyone here?
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 10/21/2014, 05:30 AMProbably one of the funniest things you can leave in the comments to a video from a youtube celeb, whether its meant as a joke or not.

IMG
Quote from: guest on 10/21/2014, 09:36 AMPeople read youtube comments?  I thought they were just for flaming, trolling, and nonsensical shit that has little (if anything) to do with the video.
Quote from: mackdanger on 10/21/2014, 12:12 PM
Normally I don't. But this has been popping up with some frequency. People are typing out these long screeds and then ending with, "Unsubbed!" I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, considering the normal substance of YT comments. But this just seems even more pathetic than the usual combination of racial/homosexual slurs because it seems to be done in complete seriousness.
Unsubbed.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

o.pwuaioc

Both Firefox and Chrome have extensions for hiding YT comments.

OldRover

"unsubbing" has been happening for years. It's just a self-righteous thing for losers on youtube to make themselves feel superior. As if content creators give a fuck that you unsub, you worthless pieces of shit... no one is going to beg for you to stay subscribed. "Oh no, Fucktard9563 is going to unsubscribe from my channel! I had better beg their forgiveness and remove/edit the content that offended them!" said no youtube channel owner ever.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

geise

mackdanger

Quote from: OldRover on 10/27/2014, 11:29 AM"unsubbing" has been happening for years. It's just a self-righteous thing for losers on youtube to make themselves feel superior. As if content creators give a fuck that you unsub, you worthless pieces of shit... no one is going to beg for you to stay subscribed. "Oh no, Fucktard9563 is going to unsubscribe from my channel! I had better beg their forgiveness and remove/edit the content that offended them!" said no youtube channel owner ever.
Okay, so it has been going on for some time. I am only subscribed to a handful of pretty small channels, and I watch almost nothing outside of those, so I never noticed it before.

esteban

Quote from: OldRover on 10/27/2014, 11:29 AM"unsubbing" has been happening for years. It's just a self-righteous thing for losers on youtube to make themselves feel superior. As if content creators give a fuck that you unsub, you worthless pieces of shit... no one is going to beg for you to stay subscribed. "Oh no, Fucktard9563 is going to unsubscribe from my channel! I had better beg their forgiveness and remove/edit the content that offended them!" said no youtube channel owner ever.
UNSUBBED!
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG