Sega Lord X reviews the Street Fighter II Champion Edition PC Engine port.
Main Menu

Mail Fail

Started by DeshDildo, 11/06/2014, 04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeshDildo

OK... I know I'm not the only one who has ever experienced getting something in the mail that has been packaged horribly.  I'm already bitter because USPS lost a package of mine full of turbo goods a few weeks ago.  I have been looking for a Sonic 2 boxed Genesis for a little bit because it's the only box I'm missing from my childhood stuff.  I nabbed one on ebay a few days ago for cheap and this is how it arrived...

IMG

Please share some of your stories/ pictures to help make me feel better and not go postal.
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

mitsuman

Quote from: Desh on 11/06/2014, 04:49 PMPlease share some of your stories/ pictures to help make me feel better and not go postal.
See, that's the problem, you should not have gone postal to begin with...

IMG

NecroPhile

What the hell was he thinking?!?

That's a seller fail, not a USPS fail, and I gotta say the box looks pretty good after going through the mail unprotected.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Lochlan

FYI eBay policy about return shipping changed recently, if your item is not as described (or whatever they call it these days) sellers have to pay the return shipping.  So all hope is not lost, although you'll have to find another box of course.

That really sucks man, sorry to hear it.
Quote from: ridgewood_general_store_1 on 08/15/2014, 11:12 AMI'm not sorry about this, as I'm not sorry about ANY attack by the goverrats.

PunkCryborg

I got a boxed IFU shipped with just the box wrapped in 2 Balls of Fury posters one time

DeshDildo

Quote from: guest on 11/06/2014, 05:27 PMWhat the hell was he thinking?!?

That's a seller fail, not a USPS fail, and I gotta say the box looks pretty good after going through the mail unprotected.
Oh don't get me wrong the Sega debacle is 100% the sellers fault.  I'm just aggravated because the last two items I've purchased online have been epic shipping related fails.  This sucked but, I did get the stickers off without too much additional damage.  My turbob games, however, are lost forever thanks to USPS.
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

CGQuarterly

Quote from: guest on 11/06/2014, 05:27 PMI gotta say the box looks pretty good after going through the mail unprotected.
I agree.  You can carefully remove those labels with a hair dryer and maybe some Goo Gone and it should look fine.

jtucci31

Damn you are having some bad luck with mail lately! At least you can get your money back on the lost obey goods, but still, they are lost obey goods.

This box fiasco has always been a fear of mine though. Hopefully the hair dryer trick will work well enough.

xcrement5x

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 11/06/2014, 08:15 PM
Quote from: NecroPhile on 11/06/2014, 05:27 PMI gotta say the box looks pretty good after going through the mail unprotected.
I agree.  You can carefully remove those labels with a hair dryer and maybe some Goo Gone and it should look fine.
Solid advice here.  I found a Sonic 3 & Knuckles system at a thrift and it was covered in packaging tape but with heat and patience I was able to get all of it off and the box still looks great.   
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

bob

Quote from: guest on 11/06/2014, 05:27 PMI gotta say the box looks pretty good after going through the mail unprotected.
ask bernie...he knows

ToyMachine78

Holy shit! WTF was the seller thinking!?

DeshDildo

Quote from: galam on 11/06/2014, 09:20 PM
ask bernie...he knows
Haha... lulz!  Poor Bernie will never live that down.  Hell, that happened way before I showed up here and I've still managed to hear about it.

jelloslug

I third the use of a hair dryer.  That should let you just peel it right off.

Joe Redifer

Imagine if a seller did that with Magical Chase.

Phase

I bought a US duo controller a year or 2 ago off ebay that was new (bagged)  I spent like 40 bucks on it, the seller put it in a brown envelope with no bubble wrap, it showed up with deep marks all over the edges making it more beat up than my 20 year old used original. its possible it was damaged before it was sent as he had 4 of them, so it probably was not the one in the picture, He gave me 10 dollars off when I told him about it. (I was planning to use it for photos so was going for a mint one  :x )

At around the same time I bought a 2 pack of new (bagged) TG16 controllers from ebay 2 for 40 bucks
it came in a large brown bubble wrap envelope but the 2 controllers had nothing protecting themselves from damaging one another and it was a big envelope so they were just flying around in there. luckily there wasn't any noticeable damage to the controllers but it was still pretty sad.  [-(

Arkhan Asylum

I bought MSX games from Europe, and the fuckup wrapped them in newspaper and tape and sent them overseas.

In the winter.

It was awesome.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!