10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

How should I raffle R-Type PCE HuCard?

Started by spenoza, 01/11/2015, 12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spenoza

I am looking to raffle my HuCard-only R-Type 1 and R-Type 2 in February. I want some advice as to how you guys think I should best approach this. R-Type is a weird beast in that the game is split across two different HuCards in the PCE version. I wouldn't want to raffle off half a game to someone unless it's pretty common for folks to be stuck with only one piece of this two-part game.

Whaddaya think?

wildfruit

Could be interesting to give both away separately . Might encourage re raffleing?

NecroPhile

Raffle them together with the stipulation that the winner must re-raffle the dupe if they already have one of 'em.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Bernie

Don't raffle them, just send them to me.  :) 

Sarumaru

I say raffle em individually, first week raffle off R1, second week raffle off R2. Or make it a game to get forum member interactions. Say like, a guessing game or something of the sort. :)

esteban

Have your pet bat choose the winner.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

spenoza

Quote from: esteban on 01/12/2015, 04:51 PMHave your pet bat choose the winner.
I am fail. I have no pet bat. Wah wah....

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Sarumaru

U shud jus have a drawrring contest of r-types- here is first entrys.

IMG

is sooo guud yes?k thxbai

clackattack

I dont recall the ship looking so fallic in the game :D
But seriously, raffle em together
[If it's song and dance you want, song and dance you'll get!]

cjameslv

Agreed raffle them together as i don't want to get them separate. Thanks!

P.S. You got my "raffle donation" correct,  :wink: ..oh wait did i just post this on forums instead of pm....everyone just disregard that...seriously...

BigusSchmuck

I still don't have the hucard versions, just Rtype Complete(freaking weird music).. That being said, raffle them together..

ratson

You should keep them together. I'm out since I hardly post here.

SuperGrafx

Together would be best.
That way, the lucky recipient can complete the entire game.

spenoza

Yeah, together seems to be the clear winner. I think I will allow people with only 1/2 of the combo participate, but only if they agree to raffle the duplicate half. Once I have some time later this week I will make this happen.

CPTRAVE

Give it to me, that way you won't have to decide =P~