@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

The Struggle Of Finding Turbo Stuff..

Started by xasap_retro_gamerx, 01/16/2015, 10:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: guest on 01/19/2015, 11:21 AMI guess it depends on what you consider overpriced, as much of the Turbob library and almost all of the PCE library can be found (with patience) at or below original MSRP.
Overpriced is based upon resellers taking an extremely common game and just jacking the price until it becomes the new normal price.  I've seen it a lot in neo pricing.  Most of my PCE finds have been bundle deals so yes you are 100% correct in being patient for deals which I am and posted earlier.

Preying on people?  I'm always looking for a deal, aren't you?  I scour Craigs list and find killer deals, eBay too a lesser extent.  Sometimes people just want to dump stuff, who am I to say no to a deal?  Sorry your feelings got hurt.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

GoldenWheels

Soooo.....any of your guys marriages in trouble?   :roll:

NecroPhile

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 01/19/2015, 11:31 AMPreying on people?  I'm always looking for a deal, aren't you?
You specifically said it's 'best to watch and wait for a friend's misfortune', which is distinctly different than a generic 'buy good deals where you can'.

Don't back peddle or try to project your failings upon others.  It makes you look even more foolish than usual.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: guest on 01/19/2015, 12:18 PM
Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 01/19/2015, 11:31 AMPreying on people?  I'm always looking for a deal, aren't you?
You specifically said it's 'best to watch and wait for a friend's misfortune', which is distinctly different than a generic 'buy good deals where you can'.

Don't back peddle or try to project your failings upon others.  It makes you look even more foolish than usual.
Back pedal from what?  Failings?  Just making things up to fit your argument narrative you no doubt practice in the mirror every morning?  I immagine you then try to steer the conversation on some poor soul to act out your anger upon.  It's getting old.  That said  I stand by everything I said and reiterated multiple times.  The only thing I see here is an obvious thin skin and yes "Nasal Gazing" that you've perfected over the years.  Now whether I was tongue in cheek about my admission or dead serious remains to be seen but your over reacting with your "AHHH-HAAAAAA GOTCHA" moment you are desperately trying to broadcast is typical and now seemingly desperate; even for you.  I think the issue is you focus on me too much, it really shows.

I think you feel like you've caught something and that's cute, it really is and I'm proud of you.  You pounced on an obvious statement and you act like you've cracked the da vinci code, do you get this much sense of accomplishment after completing the maze on a children's menu?  Do you not understand how easy it is to get a rise out of you and the usual suspects?  Hell even Nulltard is tounge in cheek at this point but man you've got a sharpened vendetta.  I really think you are just following the same narrative you always do with name calling and being snippy and hey that's fine, do what you do to make yourself fell better.  If I pulled that crap I'd get a deserved talking too and you have it in your head that it is fine with certain people.  That said just don't think for one second that what you say is relevant, it can't be being as transparent and judgmental as you are.  I mean how am I supposed to take you seriously?  I say right, you say left, I say up you say down fucktard, we get it.

Regards.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

NecroPhile

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 01/19/2015, 12:38 PMBack pedal from what?
From the fact that you prey upon your friends.  You've repeatedly tried to broaden your original statement to mean that you just try to get good deals whenever the opportunity arises, which is obviously back pedaling.

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 01/19/2015, 12:38 PMFailings?
Continually stating that I'm 'angry' and 'hurt' is projecting your own inadequacies.  I am neither; I'm just sitting here, laughing at the village idiot.

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 01/19/2015, 12:38 PMDo you not understand how easy it is to get a rise out of you and the usual suspects?
Says the guy spending 20 minutes to formulate a lengthy response to a couple of short sentences.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: guest on 01/19/2015, 01:02 PM
From the fact that you prey upon your friends.  You've repeatedly tried to broaden your original statement to mean that you just try to get good deals whenever the opportunity arises, which is obviously back pedaling.

Continually stating that I'm 'angry' and 'hurt' is projecting your own inadequacies.  I am neither; I'm just sitting here, laughing at the village idiot.

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 01/19/2015, 12:38 PMDo you not understand how easy it is to get a rise out of you and the usual suspects?
Says the guy spending 20 minutes to formulate a lengthy response to a couple of short sentences.
Like I said, typical.  Same old internet commando stuff I've been hearing for the better part of 2 decades.  Gotta get the last word in or else you can't win I got it, really.  Might as well type "LOL" while your at it or post a ROLF.  My original mistake was taking you seriously.  That won't happen again.

Regards
IMGIMGIMG

Bernie

EvilE, I, the one and only Bernie, is the PCEngineFX Village Idiot!!  Call NecroPhile something else!!  :)

Sparky

Quote from: NecroPhile on 01/19/2015, 01:02 PM

hahahaha, i hope he is not upset?

mrhaboobi

Quote from: guest on 01/16/2015, 10:40 AMI don't know what you're talking about.  I live in bumblefuck Kansas and you can't go anywhere without finding Duos, Turbos, Hus, and CD/SuperCDs for sale.  The convenience store next to my office actually has a display behind the counter, but their asking prices are too high. I would never pay $75 for a Duo, or $450 for CIB Magical Chase.  If I wanted those, I'd just go to the thrift store down the road and pick them up for half of that... maybe even less.  They've got so many that aren't moving, they might even pay me to take them off their hands and free up the shelf space.

What I can't find here, though, are any used madden games.  If anyone comes across any madden games, please hit me up. Maybe we can work out a trade.
LOL :)
Looking for (MINT ONLY)
US Manual : Magical Chase, Shockman 
US Box : Turrican,  Soldier Blade, New Adventure Island, Neutopia II
Other : Sapphire OBI, Turbo Play Aug/Sept 90, April/May 92, Turbo Edge Spring 90

PC Engine Special Cards : Bomberman User Battle

Alydnes Super Grafx

RTQ

I live in the Chicago area.  TG stuff rarely comes up on craigslist (except for common) - I think I've only bought two times on there over the years.

One of those buys was from a guy who had picked up a bunch of TG games at a garage sale a few years before.  He never had a TG system - just the games.  He had Air Zonk, Chase HQ, Neutopia, Neutopia II, & Military Madness.  Blew my mind!  Wish I could find those kind of garage sales!

clackattack

Shit, here in Ga. where I live, theres only buyers. No one knows squat about our beloved console near me. The only things TG related ive ever seen locally, i personally bought... and believe me, it wasnt much (loose Chewman, and a controller and that was over 2 years ago). I see local CL ads everyday where someone in my area wants to trade a bunch of uber-common Nintendoo stuff for Turbobs and/or 3DO/CDi stuff. Hell, i even put up a duplicate loose Keith for 5$ on CL and it was up for weeks and no one even inquired about it. Ended up just giving it to a friend
[If it's song and dance you want, song and dance you'll get!]

MrFlutterPie

I live in a large city and I have found a ton of Turbo stuff in the wild.  Most have been from game stores but I did get my CIB Turbo system off a guy on Kijiji.  It's dried up pretty bad over the years now but I have most of the Turbo stuff I want.  I am looking more for PC-Engine stuff now.

Daria

So I uh... found a Bonk's Adventure once. That's pretty much the extent of my wild Turbo sightings.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Daria on 01/27/2015, 01:00 AMSo I uh... found a Bonk's Adventure once. That's pretty much the extent of my wild Turbo sightings.
Was it in the woods,
?

That's where I found my copy of Drop Off. Just hiding in some shrubbery. True Story.*

*Not Esteban, but I try.**

**He's lying, he doesn't.
IMG

esteban

Hailing, I respect that you didn't go for the obvious (and less clever joke) about finding *Drop Off* in a public restroom. In one of the stalls. Oh, and that you had to peel toilet paper off of it.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

HailingTheThings

Quote from: esteban on 01/27/2015, 05:03 AMHailing, I respect that you didn't go for the obvious (and less clever joke) about finding *Drop Off* in a public restroom. In one of the stalls. Oh, and that you had to peel toilet paper off of it.
To be honest, I almost thought about doing that thing that you just said, but that would feel like calling Drop Off a bad game. While I'm not the biggest fan, I think it's decent. I pick it up from time to time before I Drop (it) Off. We have fun and then something like oh, I don't know, effing Don Doko Don is all about that "Ah, play me now!" life. Who am I to deny a superior game? A game, I might add, that has an adorable gnome made of clay on the cover. Hiding in the very shrubbery I found Drop Off.

#FullCircle #QuarterCircle #Hadouken #HollywoodHoganShouldNotBeInductingRandySavage

True Story
IMG

Bernie

HailingTheThings

IMG

CPTRAVE

Quote from: clackattack on 01/26/2015, 12:26 PMShit, here in Ga. where I live, theres only buyers. No one knows squat about our beloved console near me. The only things TG related ive ever seen locally, i personally bought... and believe me, it wasnt much (loose Chewman, and a controller and that was over 2 years ago). I see local CL ads everyday where someone in my area wants to trade a bunch of uber-common Nintendoo stuff for Turbobs and/or 3DO/CDi stuff. Hell, i even put up a duplicate loose Keith for 5$ on CL and it was up for weeks and no one even inquired about it. Ended up just giving it to a friend
Hey I'm In GA to. Never see anything regarding Turbo goods. I have pretty much given up hope findings turbo games here.

grache

Does anyone know what the distribution of NEC products was in North America? Weren't the majority of US sales in the NYC metropolis?

Turbobs were rare here when I was a kid and they're rare now.
TurboGrafx-16 HuCard Collection: 7.3% complete    7 / 96 titles

xasap_retro_gamerx

Quote from: grache on 01/31/2015, 05:10 AMDoes anyone know what the distribution of NEC products was in North America? Weren't the majority of US sales in the NYC metropolis?

Turbobs were rare here when I was a kid and they're rare now.
rumor is they released them in mostly cities

SignOfZeta

When I got my US Duo they were still in production. TTI was still taking out full page ads in EGM, and in my town I had both an EB (with AES carts on the wall, motherfucker) and a TRU that carried Turbo stuff.

And I still mail ordered half my shit from out of state or drove 100s of miles to conventions or hardcore gaming shops. And keep in mind, this was back when "collectors" didn't even exist. Nobody ever thought about "catching them all" because nobody wanted to spend $50 each for a bunch of garbage sports games they'd never play. In the 80s, when a toy commercial came on TV that said "get the entire collection!" nobody took it seriously. That was a wild dream on behalf of the toy maker. Kids only buy what they like. Somehow that changed...

The scarcity is part of the joy of loving PCE. Even our "Mario/Duck Hunts" are 100 times less common as everyone else's. I like it like this. I never get overexposed to garbage like FIFA 97 for Saturn or Mortal Kombat for Genesis.
IMG