Mage "Who wants to see a magic trick?"
2 (9.5%)
Ninja *Silent but deadly*
11 (52.4%)
Priestess "I kick ass for the Lord!"
6 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

MrFlutterPie

I am interested to hear your thoughts.  I have always liked the Ninja since the days when I played the Arcade in a Zellers in the early 90's.   

So vote away!

TurboGrafx

I liked them all, but I usually was the Ninja (Ninjas are sweet lol).

majors

Priest and Ninja make life easier, but all get the job done. I like the animation for the Mage, so I'll pick him. I recently picked up a JP Cadash and went through it with all the chars so it's fresh in my mind.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

DeshDildo

I like the fighter.  I usually choose the "fighter" in most games.  I can't be bothered with magic, I just bash heads to victory.
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

NecroPhile

They're all good, but I usually go with the Priest.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Dicer

VenomMacbeth

I guess Ninja and Fighter, since they're the only ones I've managed to beat the game with.

I was doing well with the priest, until I got to the forest with the stone monsters & got killed by the giant worm.  The healing herbs didn't regenerate as much health as they do for the ninja...what gives with that?
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

captain_n77

Ninja for me. I've only beaten the game with the Ninja, but I did try them all. Not only did I like playing with Ninja best, he looks to coolest to me.  8)
"I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe"

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: captain_n77 on 02/19/2015, 12:56 PMNinja for me. I've only beaten the game with the Ninja, but I did try them all. Not only did I like playing with Ninja best, he looks to coolest to me.  8)
True dat.  He starts out looking like Joe Musashi from the first Shinobi, then once you buy his upgrades he ends up resembling Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

jordan_hillman

I've yet to beat this game as the Mage, so the Mage  :D
"Live the code, the code of the Dragon!"

esteban

PRIESTESS WHIPS HER FOES.

WHIPS.

Done.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Gentlegamer

I haven't tried to play the TG-16 version all the way, but I imagine because of the no continue aspect, the Priestess would be the best character for the healing, and Castlevania IV multi-direction whipping.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

NecroPhile

Quote from: esteban on 02/19/2015, 04:22 PMPRIESTESS WHIPS HER FOES.

WHIPS.

Done.
Ahh, that explains why I'm drawn to her.  It's a shame she can't upgrade to gimp suit armor with a zipper mask helmet.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

clackattack

[If it's song and dance you want, song and dance you'll get!]

esteban

Quote from: guest on 02/19/2015, 05:12 PM
Quote from: esteban on 02/19/2015, 04:22 PMPRIESTESS WHIPS HER FOES.

WHIPS.

Done.
Ahh, that explains why I'm drawn to her.  It's a shame she can't upgrade to gimp suit armor with a zipper mask helmet.  :mrgreen:
We have to get sunbeam_paul and bonknuts on this, ASAP.

:)

HailingTheThings

I choose the Ninja, because his silent ehch-jay* specials are the best celebratory method to my elation.

*handies
IMG

seieienbu

Priestess is the only character I've beaten the game with.  I got it somewhat recently, maybe a year ago or so and a friend of mine and myself beat it that weekend.  I should go back and play it 1-player at some point...hmm...
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

pulstar

Ninja for me, just because I have a strange attraction to all things ninja.
My favourite pigeon had a fatal run-in with a cloud...

spenoza

I really think the Fighter makes for the easiest playthrough, with the Ninja being second easiest. The Ninja also gives you the ability to hang back and not engage up front. So I guess I enjoy the Ninja most, because that's my typical play style. But I have to say, beating the game with the Priest can be very rewarding. She has one of the weaker attacks and once she can attack halfway across the screen, she actually hits pretty slowly. She probably has the lowest DPS of all the characters. But she has some good magic and is a nice challenge.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 02/20/2015, 12:41 PMI really think the Fighter makes for the easiest playthrough, with the Ninja being second easiest. The Ninja also gives you the ability to hang back and not engage up front. So I guess I enjoy the Ninja most, because that's my typical play style. But I have to say, beating the game with the Priest can be very rewarding. She has one of the weaker attacks and once she can attack halfway across the screen, she actually hits pretty slowly. She probably has the lowest DPS of all the characters. But she has some good magic and is a nice challenge.
That's what is nice about the game...the different characters really do make each playthrough distinct.

MrFlutterPie

Currently I have beaten it with both the Ninja and the Mage.  The trick with the Mage is to level up stupidly high on the first or second screen with enemies.  By the time I finish level and beat the Black Pudding I am level 8 at the bare minimum.  He's so weak you have to grind him up.  However, his spells kick the bosses butt really quickly.  He sucks during the level but 1 or 2 high level spells can kill a boss quickly.

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 02/20/2015, 03:39 PMCurrently I have beaten it with both the Ninja and the Mage.  The trick with the Mage is to level up stupidly high on the first or second screen with enemies.  By the time I finish level and beat the Black Pudding I am level 8 at the bare minimum.  He's so weak you have to grind him up.  However, his spells kick the bosses butt really quickly.  He sucks during the level but 1 or 2 high level spells can kill a boss quickly.
I think my problem with the magic-wielding characters is that I can never seem to get the spells out in time.  The button-holding mechanic for using them is superb, but I always seem to run out of magic before I get anywhere.  Is staying at an inn the only way to restore MP?
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

clackattack

Ninja is also a must for a 2player game to work well... or a preist will suffice in his place
[If it's song and dance you want, song and dance you'll get!]

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 02/20/2015, 07:21 PM
Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 02/20/2015, 03:39 PMCurrently I have beaten it with both the Ninja and the Mage.  The trick with the Mage is to level up stupidly high on the first or second screen with enemies.  By the time I finish level and beat the Black Pudding I am level 8 at the bare minimum.  He's so weak you have to grind him up.  However, his spells kick the bosses butt really quickly.  He sucks during the level but 1 or 2 high level spells can kill a boss quickly.
I think my problem with the magic-wielding characters is that I can never seem to get the spells out in time.  The button-holding mechanic for using them is superb, but I always seem to run out of magic before I get anywhere.  Is staying at an inn the only way to restore MP?
I actually save as much MP as possible for the bosses and tough enemies and use his staff to attack most of the time.  Since I over grind pretty hard I can make it by using his physical attacks for the most part.  Also because I grind so much I have a ton of gold so I max out herbs to keep my health up and buy a ton of HP belts (when available) as well as being able to afford all weapons and armour upgrades as soon as they are available. 

Because of this I find I can conserve MP quite a bit until I need it.

spenoza

Quote from: clackattack on 02/20/2015, 07:46 PMNinja is also a must for a 2player game to work well... or a preist will suffice in his place
This is a very good point. The different character classes have such a different feel and they interact well in co-op. The Genesis players miss out on this. I actually think Fighter could pair with any other class OK. Priest would pair fine with any other class, even Mage. She doesn't deal much damage, but her protective spells mean she can tank if necessary while the Mage does damage. Ninja is a good fit for anyone except maybe Mage. I see in my mind a Ninja Mage game going potentially badly. The Ninja is no delicate flower, but he can't be an in-your-face tank to protect the Mage well.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 02/20/2015, 11:57 PM
Quote from: clackattack on 02/20/2015, 07:46 PMNinja is also a must for a 2player game to work well... or a preist will suffice in his place
This is a very good point. The different character classes have such a different feel and they interact well in co-op. The Genesis players miss out on this. I actually think Fighter could pair with any other class OK. Priest would pair fine with any other class, even Mage. She doesn't deal much damage, but her protective spells mean she can tank if necessary while the Mage does damage. Ninja is a good fit for anyone except maybe Mage. I see in my mind a Ninja Mage game going potentially badly. The Ninja is no delicate flower, but he can't be an in-your-face tank to protect the Mage well.
My brother and I did all the different character-team combinations back in the day.

Mage + Ninja works, but, it was probably easier for us because we would grind aggressively in earlier stages.

If anyone ever has problems with this game, it is easily solved with some cheap grinding.