OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

PC Engine GT recap Sound issue

Started by choijimmy, 02/23/2015, 08:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

choijimmy

Hi All,

I just did a recap for another GT. The sounds works for few hours ( both headphone + speaker ).
Strange enough, after few hours, the speaker No longer has sound anymore ( the headphone still good ). For now, I tap the wire from the speaker jack to the speaker directly and works fine. However, the issue is the speaker will still On even you inserted the headphone.  :-k

This is 2nd time I ever see this issue... Any idea? I suspect the headphone jack issue ( eg, it always think there is headphone has been inserted, so disable the speaker... However, I am not so sure )

choijimmy

Quote from: choijimmy on 02/23/2015, 08:38 AMHi All,

I just did a recap for another GT. The sounds works for few hours ( both headphone + speaker ).
Strange enough, after few hours, the speaker No longer has sound anymore ( the headphone still good ). For now, I tap the wire from the speaker jack to the speaker directly and works fine. However, the issue is the speaker will still On even you inserted the headphone.  :-k

This is 2nd time I ever see this issue... Any idea? I suspect the headphone jack issue ( eg, it always think there is headphone has been inserted, so disable the speaker... However, I am not so sure )
Yes, phone jack issue. Replace another one and works fine

turbokon

Yeah, the phone jack has a pin that's connects to speaker circuit when the earphone is not plugged in.  Sometime this pin breaks.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

choijimmy

Quote from: turbokon on 02/24/2015, 10:06 AMYeah, the phone jack has a pin that's connects to speaker circuit when the earphone is not plugged in.  Sometime this pin breaks. 
Thanks for the info
Jimmy