RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Shada translation: beta testers wanted

Started by cabbage, 03/19/2015, 11:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cabbage

Shubibinman and I have been working on an English translation for Makai Hakkenden Shada. It's far enough along now that I could use a few people to test the rough draft and offer feedback/suggestions/etc. If you don't have time or are not willing to play through the full game more than once (it's pretty short) over the next couple of weeks or so, then please just wait for the public patch. PM me if you're interested in helping out.

wyndcrosser

shubibiman

Internet is back at home so I'll be able to fix a few things before the beta is sent to the testers :)
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

spenoza

Is this CD or Hu? I have an Everdrive, so I could do some Hu testing.

Dicer

Quote from: guest on 05/02/2015, 11:15 AMIs this CD or Hu? I have an Everdrive, so I could do some Hu testing.
It's hu but testing on emulator is preferred because of save states/screen caps and speed boost...Sadly, I had made some fair headway and had a hard drive failure (ssd is the tits btw) So I need to start over, he has a forum setup for it, if you send a PM, I think he has a code for starting with cash and xp.

It's a fun little romp think of a hu-card Ys'ish type game.

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

cjameslv

Quote from: Dicer on 05/02/2015, 02:08 PM
Quote from: guest on 05/02/2015, 11:15 AMIs this CD or Hu? I have an Everdrive, so I could do some Hu testing.
It's hu but testing on emulator is preferred because of save states/screen caps and speed boost...Sadly, I had made some fair headway and had a hard drive failure (ssd is the tits btw) So I need to start over, he has a forum setup for it, if you send a PM, I think he has a code for starting with cash and xp.

It's a fun little romp think of a hu-card Ys'ish type game.
I derped it and forgot when i got back from my trip but i finally posted there. Had one weird issue and we will see if you guys ran into it.  Very generic but music is not bad and characters have some different attitudes that make it humorous.

cabbage

Round 2 of testing is just starting, if anyone else wants in. The more, the merrier :)

NightWolve

Ah, this is that Ys clone I learned about from a HG101 review a few months ago. Good choice as far as a Huey project.

Keranu

Didn't tomaitheous start a translation for this game waaaay back?
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: Keranu on 06/29/2015, 12:58 AMDidn't tomaitheous start a translation for this game waaaay back?
You're alive!! :)  I feel like he did, or maybe he was thinking about it??
IMG

esteban

Quote from: Keranu on 06/29/2015, 12:58 AMDidn't tomaitheous start a translation for this game waaaay back?
Nada for Shada.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

SkyeWelse

Now that I've got a Turbo ED, I'd be interested in testing this if there is an availability for another tester.

-Thomas

TurboXray

I worked on a translation of Shada years back and had the script dumped, but I couldn't find a translator. I did have someone come along and try, but they gave up (said it was too difficult for them). Congrats on getting this done!

shubibiman

Too difficult ? The script was not that long. There were just a few lines including riddles but when you play the game before translating it, it helps a lot :)
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

Travelman32

Quote from: shubibiman on 07/18/2015, 02:55 AMToo difficult ? The script was not that long. There were just a few lines including riddles but when you play the game before translating it, it helps a lot :)
Not too difficult but the game is not always very clear on what to do or where to go next.  Artificial difficulty IMO.  I accidentally found out how to go through the forest, luckily, by going south by holding down the down button south of the sign.

But now I have just finished the rainbow tower, beat the two headed wolf (found that boss very easy), got the heal magic and mirror and talked to everyone in the second town including the guy in the cave asking about the marsamune and have no clue what to do next.

Good translation, but a bad Ys/Xak clone.  I loved and have beaten all the Ys games up until 6 and a few of the Xak games, those games are good because, you know, they are clear on what to do.

esteban

Makai Hakkenden Shada.

A poor man's Xak/Ys.

Believe.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG