@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Japanese telephone card collection

Started by gojira1954, 04/11/2015, 03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gojira1954

Back in the early 90s I collected Japanese telephone cards...
Like so much other stuff coming out of Japan I was fascinated by the way such pedestrian everyday objects could be so well designed and emblazoned with such amazing images... not just the anime and video game advertising that I was into but adverts for local events, conglomerates etc...
Hope you enjoy some of my collection, would love to see more if anyone has please?

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

SignOfZeta

I love this fad. I only have a few, but it really impressed me how so much high quality original art was made for phone cards, and guys would pay ¥10000 or whatever for rare ones they wanted.

In the ealier days, before every company was making their own custom cards, anime magazines would make stickers to put over your plain boring cards and make them into Totoro or Nadia cards. Sorta like how they used to pack in inserts for your custom audio cassettes.
IMG

SignOfZeta

Btw, can you get a better shot of that To-y card? I really like that series and I'm interested to see if that's art I've seen before.
IMG

esteban

I can't believe that the Columns card actually looks pretty kool. WTH?

I love all of these. I, too, think they are fun little items.

For example, I never thought Master of Monsters (MD) would have a phone card.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

gojira1954

In the ealier days, before every company was making their own custom cards, anime magazines would make stickers to put over your plain boring cards and make them into Totoro or Nadia cards. Sorta like how they used to pack in inserts for your custom audio cassettes.[/quote]
Yeah I got some of those stickers, check it out :)

IMG
IMG
IMG

SplatterTrigger

Damn those are beautiful! I only have some Lunar Silver Star Story ones.

wildfruit

NecroPhile

These are pretty neato, especially the Lummys.  Thanks for sharing.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Otaking

You got a card with Xandra on it!!! very cool.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

gojira1954

Glad there's some interest in these =]
Here's a Gamest scan of all their issued telcards

IMG
IMG
IMG

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

esteban

Quote from: gojira1954 on 04/12/2015, 08:47 AMGlad there's some interest in these =]
Here's a Gamest scan of all their issued telcards

Thank you for these pages! An excellent resource.

If you ever want to scan/share PCE-related cards, please do!

I have tried to write a bit about PCE phonecards...my plan is to slowly gather info as I find it in magazines...

https://archives.tg-16.com/Gekkan_PC_Engine_1994_03.htm#teleka_phonecard_the_legend_of_xanadu

IMG
(C) Emerald Dragon
(D) Legend of Xanadu

https://archives.tg-16.com/Dengeki_PC_Engine_1994_07.htm

IMG

LOOK! Compare the three white Fatal Fury Special phonecards  (upper-right corner)  with GAMEST SS-55, SS-56 and SS-57...not surprisingly, GAMEST simply has a different background gradient...however, the GAMEST World Heroes 2 phonecards use different artwork than the PCE-themed cards.

IMG 

QUESTION: what term should I use when referring to these phone cards?

I used (1) teleka (2) terehonkaedo and (3) "phone card" interchangeably, but I am not sure that is correct.

gojira1954

Thanks for the link, great to check that out :)
Telephone cards in English, Japanese anything goes eh ;)
But I think Teleca is probably best?
I will scan in this book soon;

IMG

esteban

Quote from: gojira1954 on 04/12/2015, 10:46 AMThanks for the link, great to check that out :)
Telephone cards in English, Japanese anything goes eh ;)
But I think Teleca is probably best?
Ha! Teleca <-- Telephone Card.

gojira1954

OK Newtype teleca book is uploaded - good for 7 days.
If someone else has hosting please feel free to do so :)

http://www.megafileupload.com/Vn1/NEWTYPE_TELECA_BOOK.7z

IMG

esteban

Quote from: gojira1954 on 04/12/2015, 03:13 PMOK Newtype teleca book is uploaded - good for 7 days.
If someone else has hosting please feel free to do so :)

http://www.megafileupload.com/Vn1/NEWTYPE_TELECA_BOOK.7z

IMG
Kool, thanks for scanning!

:)

I can host it for the folks at this forum, I won't publicize it, though.

ClodBusted

That Newtype Kids tagline is pure gold.

xcrement5x

Downloading!  Thanks for sharing!

I only have a handful of telecards myself, mainly mega-cd related packins or other Sega Stuff, plus some Lunar/GameArts related stuff.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)