RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

List of PC Engine hardware

Started by Pokun, 04/15/2015, 10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pokun

Hello!

I've been looking for, but been unable to find a list of known hardware for PC Engine / TurboGrafx.
Things like different models of controllers and such is also interesting.

Anyone knows of such a list?

SignOfZeta

For some reason this site still exists and is still the best version of this kind of thing that I know of:

http://www6.airnet.ne.jp/wataru/index2.htm
IMG

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Pokun

Thank you!
I'm not really a newbie to the world of PC Engine, but that Japanese site is a gold mine of information! Thanks a lot!

CrackTiger

You don't want a full list, as most of ig is stuff you don't need and would never find.

All you really need to play everything is a PC Engine Duo + Arcade Card Duo + PCE Tap + up to four extra PCE controllers.

Turbo HuCard games aren't worth a separate investment, unless you get a region mod on your system the same time it's receiving other work. Just get a Turbo Everdrive flashcart and try before you buy. There is a torrent out there containing every CD game published bitd, so again, you can try out a game on cdr before buyjng any pricey games.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Pokun

Thanks. I figured that my knowledge about PC Engine was lacking and wanted to broaden it a bit. I know about all the basic hardware (system cards etc) already, but I'm interested in more details.

I've long been considering a Turbo Everdrive. I got the Famicom Everdrive already and it's a great piece of work.

CrackTiger

Well there's also the stand-alone SuperGrafx console, which has 6'ish dedicated games and is backwards compatible and the LaserActive system with optional PCE/Turbo Paks that allow you to play 12 -15? "LD-ROM2" games.

There are also computer/PCE combos and various PCE clones. TG-16 variant hardware was officially released/test marketed in the U.K (and possibly Spain) and Korea ("Vistar").

Unofficial PCE game publisher Games Express/Hackers put out some HuCatds as well as unique formats of CD games which require the use of their own dedicated system card and sometimes a Duo system.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Pokun

Yes thank you. PC Engine Maniax is exactly what I was looking for. It has pictures of most of the different controller models and such, and that FAQ is great. It has info that I was unable to find anywhere else, like bugs and differences between different Tokimeki Memorial revisions and similar things.