RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

TED Group Buy Round 2! ORDERED!

Started by jtucci31, 05/21/2015, 01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtucci31

ALL PM'S ARE OUT. INCLUDING INTERNATIONAL ORDERS

Before everyone goes buying an everdrive on their own, why not be patient and get a discount?

For those that don't know how it works. If we buy 10 or more everdrive they are $60 instead of $80. So with shipping and everything you're saving about $10-15. You may just have to wait a little longer for everyone to sign up on this thread and pool the money together, but it seemed worth it last time and worked out rather well.

I guess I'm just starting this thread to see if there is enough interest for one in the first place. We would be buying the V2 of the everdrive this time. I'm on my phone so linking stuff is a pain, but I can put that up at a later time. (So if there are typos in this post, I apologize).

I won't buy one for myself since I'm content with the old everdrive, but I just have a lot of free time to do this. So, if anyone has interest let me know in this thread and we will get a list going!

The list:

2. cjameslv paid SHIPPED
3. glazbal
4. CPTBADASS paid SHIPPED
5. MotherGunner
6. Desh paid SHIPPED
7. elmer (x3 usb) paid SHIPPED
9. Renmauzo CANADA paid SHIPPED
10. BigusSchmuck (usb) paid SHIPPED
11. Gredler (usb) paid SHIPPED
12. SephirothTNH paid SHIPPED
13. SkyeWeIse paid SHIPPED
14. Pokun (usb) SWEDEN paid
15. crazydean paid SHIPPED
16. NightWolve paid SHIPPED
17. Opethian paid SHIPPED
18. Lost Monkey paid SHIPPED
19. SmokeMonster (x2) paid SHIPPED
20. ultrageranium (usb) NETHERLANDS paid
21. Warbucks (usb) paid SHIPPED
22. Duo_R paid SHIPPED

Here is what we are looking at:

Non-USB Everdrive orders in the US
$70 shipped

USB Everdrive orders in the US
$81 shipped

USB/Non-USB Everdrive orders outside CON US
Depends. Will have to chat with separately.

Last time I shipped them in small flat rate boxes. Sure, it's a big box for such a tiny thing, but I knew I wouldn't want my everdrive shipped in some bubble mailer/envelope. Hope that's ok with everyone. No one seemed to mind last time (at least I think). I make sure to package them up real good and safe.

With that, I also want to double check I have everyone marked correctly for what they wanted.

USB Orders
elmer x3
BigusSchmuck
Pokun
ultrageranium
Warbucks
gredler

International Orders
Pokun (Sweden)
Renmauzo (Canada)
ultrageranium (Netherlands)

jelloslug

glazball

glazball's game collection and wantlist

julencin2000

Is the V2 the new, RAM based one?

Edit: oops I've just read the other thread.
Get a reputation for answering phones and all they do is ring.

CrackTiger

I got stuck with a V1 with usb, since that was all that was available at the time. I'm interested in buying a clean unworn V1 without usb from anyone looking to upgrade in this group buy. I just want to be able to stick a cart shell on mine. I'll probably buy a V2 down the road, if some kind of CD game translation makes use of it and the Stupid Card won't do the trick.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

CPTBadAss

Maximum Output. Activate the pit.

MotherGunner

-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

DeshDildo

"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

elmer

Thanks for be willing to organize this!  :)

As mentioned in the other thread ... I'm in for two ... at least one with USB.

By my count, that already puts us at 8.

I'll take a third if it'll make the group-buy happen.

NecroPhile

I guess I'll sign up.  You devs and translators better make use of this fucker!
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Renmauzo

BigusSchmuck

Sure, might as well so I can play those expensive games on my duo..

Gredler

SephirothTNH

I've been on the fence between this and a Mega ED for a while now.  But this has tipped the scales.  I'm in if there is still space.

SkyeWelse

Count me in for one too if there is still room for another order. :)

-Thomas

Pokun

Is there any meaning to join for me, living in Sweden? Shipping the Everdrive directly from Ukraine is just $5.

crazydean

NightWolve

Answered the call yet again! Thanks jt! Of course I'm in again, I sold mine months ago to upgrade.

Opethian

IMG

LostFlunky

jtucci31

Quote from: Pokun on 05/21/2015, 07:14 PMIs there any meaning to join for me, living in Sweden? Shipping the Everdrive directly from Ukraine is just $5.
I believe shipping is $5 no matter where you are. So I'll keep you on the list, shipping to you will just cost a little more. But that's no issue.

So far we have 18, looks like there's quite a bit of interest for this one. I guess I'll go until 20 but that's where I'm cutting it off. So if anyone else wants in, make sure to be in the last two. I'll send out emails and PayPal information shit once we reach 20 (which I'm sure we will at this rate) and once I get some more time. Which will be this weekend sometime.

Also forgot to mention that I think I can cut the price down slightly from the previous price I had (which was $70, saving you $15). I'm maybe thinking $66ish since I know what I'm doing this time around. Last time I just wanted to make sure and the extra money was put towards gas/supplies/etc. This time I'll have way more free time and extra cash to just take a slight hit (which is really not big deal. Doing this gives me something to do).

Everyone will get specifics in the PM's I'll send out once the list is finalized and once I get more time to send out 20 PM's. Hope you all don't mind waiting just a few days.

MotherGunner

-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Pokun

Quote from: guest on 05/21/2015, 11:14 PM
Quote from: Pokun on 05/21/2015, 07:14 PMIs there any meaning to join for me, living in Sweden? Shipping the Everdrive directly from Ukraine is just $5.
I believe shipping is $5 no matter where you are. So I'll keep you on the list, shipping to you will just cost a little more. But that's no issue.
I see, shipping from US is often shockingly expensive so I wasn't sure. I would like to have a USB version BTW.

SamIAm

Hey jtucci, please set aside two: one for me, and one for elmer. And possibly one more for Bonknuts.

I know it may exceed your limit, but this would potentially be for translation project development - hopefully a cause you deem worthy.

jtucci31

Quote from: SamIAm on 05/22/2015, 06:14 AMHey jtucci, please set aside two: one for me, and one for elmer. And possibly one more for Bonknuts.

I know it may exceed your limit, but this would potentially be for translation project development - hopefully a cause you deem worthy.
Definitely a worth cause! Only elmer has already said he wants a few of his own. Should I just put you down for 2 then?

SmokeMonster

cjameslv

Well all doubts of will we have enough people to order are gone out the window!

elmer

Quote from: guest on 05/22/2015, 10:38 AM
Quote from: SamIAm on 05/22/2015, 06:14 AMHey jtucci, please set aside two: one for me, and one for elmer. And possibly one more for Bonknuts.

Definitely a worth cause! Only elmer has already said he wants a few of his own. Should I just put you down for 2 then?
I think that SamIAm missed my earlier post, and that we're getting mixed-up ... I'd already included him in my 2 orders and the potential-third. I'm trying to confirm, but he's in a different time zone.

I'd guess that he really wants to make sure that these get ordered so that more of his translations get finished!  :wink:

Could you please just put me down for 3-with-usb total, and cancel/hold SamIAm's order for the moment, pending confirmation?

I can ship both SamIAm and Bonknuts cards as necessary if you don't want to bother with splitting the shipping.

ultrageranium

Oh crap.
I missed the first round and now this one too.

aaaaa........

Warbucks

CPTBadAss

Thank you for including me and organizing this jtucci31 :)
Maximum Output. Activate the pit.

NightWolve

Good work including Bonknuts guys! I wonder if he could work on the Arcade memory mapping and either upgrade the TE's OS or with a hacked System 3 ROM to do it! I was gonna ask him about it - something tells me it's not too late to implement. I saw krik's mapper "C" code for SFII, only a few lines... So, you've got the needed RAM here and the cart is fully interfaced, I think Arcade support should still be possible with a software upgrade - hacked ROM or OS upgrade.

jtucci31

Quote from: ultrageranium on 05/22/2015, 12:26 PMOh crap.

aaaaa........
Quote from: Warbucks on 05/22/2015, 12:27 PMGrrr. missed out.. maybe next order. :x
Ah fuck it. I'll add you both. But now I'm done. No more slight guilt trips people, that works on me too easily, lol. This is it for the list of people. However, Black Tiger I'm not sure if you wanted in or not. So let me know and I'll include you since you responded within that first page.

I believe I have everyone on the list and the quantities/usb option listed as well. If I messed up, let me know now!

I emailed krizzxkxkx about having a few usb and the rest without. Figure it shouldn't be a problem, but I just want to be sure.

Chat buddies can always get on whenever. They have special priority :wink:

sirhcman

Quote from: guest on 05/22/2015, 01:42 PMAh fuck it. I'll add you both. But now I'm done. No more slight guilt trips people, that works on me too easily, lol.
NO TUCCI YOU FORGOT ME! What happened to jo bros' for life?!?!  :cry:

I'm kidding don't add me! :)

ultrageranium

Quote from: guest on 05/22/2015, 01:42 PM
Quote from: ultrageranium on 05/22/2015, 12:26 PMOh crap.

aaaaa........
Ah fuck it. I'll add you both.
Oh wow! That's super kind! Thanks!

Quote from: guest on 05/22/2015, 01:42 PMI believe I have everyone on the list and the quantities/usb option listed as well. If I messed up, let me know now!
Small addition then: I'm EU based and I'd like the USB option as well.

Thanks again!

SmokeMonster

Thanks so much for doing this for us jtucci31. It's a huge undertaking on our behalf :D

Warbucks

QuoteAh fuck it. I'll add you both. But now I'm done. No more slight guilt trips people, that works on me too easily, lol.
Wow, you are awesome, thanks for squeezing me in there.

I would be interested in getting the USB added on as well.

jtucci31

Quote from: guest on 05/22/2015, 02:20 PM
Quote from: guest on 05/22/2015, 01:45 PM
Quote from: guest on 05/22/2015, 01:42 PMAh fuck it. I'll add you both. But now I'm done. No more slight guilt trips people, that works on me too easily, lol.
NO TUCCI YOU FORGOT ME! What happened to jo bros' for life?!?!  :cry:
He doesn't deserve the jo crystal...
Hey! I edited my post. I deserve the jo crystal. It's a part of me now.

CrackTiger

I don't want in on the group buy, but am interested in buying an unwanted V1 TE without usb if anyone is upgrading and doesn't need it.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

SkyeWelse

Thank you very much for organizing this jtucci. : )

-Thomas

BigusSchmuck

I want's mine with a usb. :) Thanks again for doing this for all of us!

SephirothTNH

Thank you jtucci!

Also anyone, what does the USB port do exactly? The store page just says for developers.  I suppose you can always add the usb port to one later?  Looks like the solder pads are there.

elmer

First of all ... thanks jtucci for organizing this!  :D

Quote from: NightWolve on 05/22/2015, 12:50 PMI wonder if he could work on the Arcade memory mapping and either upgrade the TE's OS or with a hacked System 3 ROM to do it! I was gonna ask him about it - something tells me it's not too late to implement. I saw krik's mapper "C" code for SFII, only a few lines... So, you've got the needed RAM here and the cart is fully interfaced, I think Arcade support should still be possible with a software upgrade - hacked ROM or OS upgrade.
I've responded in the Turbo Everdrive v2 thread, since it doesn't really relate to the group-buy.

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=19093.msg407556#msg407556

jelloslug

Now I will be able to see if my covers will work with the new version.

SamIAm

Ah shoot. I swear I skimmed the list to see if elmer was on it, but I guess I plumb dumb missed it.

Yeah, as long as three are allocated for myself, elmer and Bonknuts, then all is good. Thank you so much!

NightWolve

Quote from: SephirothTNH on 05/22/2015, 06:14 PMThank you jtucci!

Also anyone, what does the USB port do exactly? The store page just says for developers.  I suppose you can always add the usb port to one later?  Looks like the solder pads are there.
Just lets you go in microSD to USB mode - if you frequently wanna write new ROMs on the SD card and don't wanna keep ejecting/reinserting it all the time, then it could be useful. If your PC doesn't have a SD card section and just USB slots, then it'd be useful for older PCs in that regard or you can just buy a cheap SD to USB device. I've seen 'em for as low as $6 bucks at Microcenter.

Renmauzo

Quote from: guest on 05/22/2015, 08:09 PMNow I will be able to see if my covers will work with the new version.
Covers would be great fro these, if someone could 3d print a run of them. I noticed the deluxe version has a black cover to protect the pcb. I'd buy one to go with the TED for sure if it were available.

cjameslv

Quote from: Renmauzo on 05/23/2015, 01:58 PM
Quote from: guest on 05/22/2015, 08:09 PMNow I will be able to see if my covers will work with the new version.
Covers would be great fro these, if someone could 3d print a run of them. I noticed the deluxe version has a black cover to protect the pcb. I'd buy one to go with the TED for sure if it were available.
If only someone could 3D print them....if only..

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=18949.0

NightWolve

Quote from: guest on 05/23/2015, 01:50 PMI love these usb/sd things. Got a bunch of them a while back for $2 each shipped on ebay. Gotta love the chinese for cheap trinkets like this.

IMG
Yeah, I love those Chinese sellers and the exchange rate with their currency. Enjoy it while it lasts. Just had a microHDMI to HMDI cable for $2 bucks that arrived the other day and a 10 ft DVI to HDMI for $4 bucks, that's with shipping!

Anyhow, giving Krik $10 or $15 for a USB connection isn't worth it and it's nice he made it optional for most who won't need it. A homebrew developer will keep compiling a ROM and overwriting the old one if he/she wants testing on real NEC hardware, so it makes sense for them to have USB support for quicker rewrites versus popping out that microSD card repeatedly.