10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

TED Group Buy Round 2! ORDERED!

Started by jtucci31, 05/21/2015, 01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ultrageranium

Quote from: cjameslv on 06/18/2015, 03:42 PMI know everyone is like aww fuck, but im sure you can get it resolved! So just keep us up to date.
Yes, it will definitively get resolved, no doubt about that. It's a bit quiet here but PMs are being exchanged to find a solution. :)

bob

NecroPhile

Quote from: agent_orange on 06/18/2015, 08:05 PMROLF. Just buy the games.
Yeah, buy those translated carts and homebrew roms!  Oh, wait............
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

SkyeWelse

Thanks for the updates everyone. I'm sure it will all get straightened out in the end and I don't mind waiting a bit longer for it to arrive. I appreciate you all working together to get it all sorted out.

-Thomas

jtucci31

Quote from: Pokun on 06/17/2015, 06:49 PMAt least you didn't have to pay tax. :D

Ah I guess they screwed up so it's up to them to fix it. I'm way from home for a while, I wonder if the rest of the Everdrives are waiting in my postbox...
Just got an email back from them. Pretty sure the other half will be at your place.

They sent some email (thay I never got) concerning shipping details, and instead of waiting for confirmation to see what the deal was, they split the order in half and shipped it to you two. Just PM me when you get the package, I'll work it out with you. You won't have to pay, I promise ya that.

esteban

UPDATE: a package with 9 TED (v2) arrived today at my home. I sold them locally for $80-100. I have 2 left. Funny thing is, I never ordered these items.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NightWolve

Am I the only one that kinda wishes Joe just limited this to US orders like last time ? ... Attempting to have krik direct some orders to Europe to save on shipping costs instead of just giving him *one* address to send the total wholesale order to like he's used to led to this...  I know it's krik's f--k up and on a $1,XXX+ order it's not very excusable, but yeah, I would've said no to Euro orders... You think about it, most orders you do in business transactions, there's simply one buyer shipping address for the seller to deal with so no atypical, multiple shipping addresses/instructions to deal with, etc... It should've been a simple request, I get it, but yeah, you're throwing the seller off with 3 addresses on one order... Anyway, I'm just being grumpy. :/

SephirothTNH

Quote from: NightWolve on 06/21/2015, 07:05 AMAm I the only one that kinda wishes Joe just limited this to US orders like last time ?
No I'm with you.  Just didn't want to say anything.  I'm Ok with extra wait though; I just hope it doesn't end up costing extra.

cjameslv

Quote from: NightWolve on 06/21/2015, 07:05 AMAm I the only one that kinda wishes Joe just limited this to US orders like last time ? ... Attempting to have krik direct some orders to Europe to save on shipping costs instead of just giving him *one* address to send the total wholesale order to like he's used to led to this...  I know it's krik's f--k up and on a $1,XXX+ order it's not very excusable, but yeah, I would've said no to Euro orders... You think about it, most orders you do in business transactions, there's simply one buyer shipping address for the seller to deal with so no atypical, multiple shipping addresses/instructions to deal with, etc... It should've been a simple request, I get it, but yeah, you're throwing the seller off with 3 addresses on one order... Anyway, I'm just being grumpy. :/
Your right and i agree with your whiny ass. We should have had 2 separate orders. I think that was on alot of peoples minds but no one wanted to say anything, not like we can do anything about it anyway now. Going forward though...

ultrageranium

Hello NightWolve, SephirothTNH, cjameslv, and of course all of you stuck in this conundrum,

You are completely right. US and EU orders should not be mixed. This is precisely the reason why jtucci31 inquired about the possibility to split the orders. If this would not have been approved by the seller, Pokun and I agreed with jtucci31 that we were out of the deal.

Technically, and logistically speaking, these were in fact 3 orders that had to be honoured.

How we ended up in this mess, and how we will get out of it, is being actively discussed.

jtucci31

It won't cost any of you extra, I know that. I'm sorry for this mess-up. I feel very guilty, I thought this could be done smoothly. I sadly won't be getting much help from krikzz on any of this, so matters are in my own hands. I assumed responsibility for this sort of thing when I said that I'd do this group buy, so it's no issue to me. I just know that it sucks that you guys have to wait a little longer to get them.

Bear with me please. I'm doing my best and trying to get this sorted out as smoothly as possible. Ultrageranium has been very helpful and accommodating with all of this as well, thankfully. So there shouldn't be all too much to worry about aside from an extended wait time. Which I feel very bad about.

I'll admit, shouldn't have fucked with the system that worked in the previous group buy. Now I know.

Pokun

Krikzz is the one at fault rushing with the order like that.

And I agree that group orders over several continents was a bad idea, it was a good lesson though. I'm not entering any more group buys anyway. Paypal also stole a big chunk of the discount so I'm happy if this ends the same as the normal price.

I will go home early and check my postbox then get back to you.

esteban

Jtucci31 = brave soul.

I know everyone will be patient and understanding.

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NightWolve

Not just brave, generous too. He was already gifting some of the shipping cost to us. This mix up will add to it unfortunately since it sounds like krik doesn't wanna take responsibility... Well, I don't mind the wait, but learning that krik just randomly split the orders like that made me very nervous. Seems his English is good enough to get by most of the time I guess, just not this time.

SkyeWelse

Quote from: guest on 06/21/2015, 02:55 PMIt won't cost any of you extra, I know that. I'm sorry for this mess-up. I feel very guilty, I thought this could be done smoothly. I sadly won't be getting much help from krikzz on any of this, so matters are in my own hands. I assumed responsibility for this sort of thing when I said that I'd do this group buy, so it's no issue to me. I just know that it sucks that you guys have to wait a little longer to get them.
Accidents happen and while in hindsight it would have made more sense to have done this in two orders perhaps, I don't think you should feel guilty about it. You were trying to do us all a favor. We recently had an order where someone like you who was trying to do a favor for the MSX community was trying to work with a shop to create new keyboard membranes for Panasonic MSX machines. He worked so hard to try and get the orders processed and get everyone a fully working membrane, but there were issues and now pretty much the cost of all of the membranes will need to be refunded to those who paid for them (or partial amounts if the shop honors a lower price for a non-perfect one) and it's a huge hassle for him to now have to deal with. So I definitely want to tell you that I really appreciate what you are trying to do here very much.

While I would prefer if it didn't cost me more to get it, if it helps things out I don't mind paying a little more for my order if need be to offset the extra shipping expense that will have to be paid.  Consider it a handling fee. There may be others here who feel the same way. Please let me know if you think this offer would help the situation.

-Thomas

jelloslug

Now I don't feel so bad about shipping someone's printed parts to the wrong address in another country once....

Gredler

I'm sorry to hear this is happening, and it makes it feel more like a lose lose than a win win, which I hate. If there is anything I can do to help, please PM me. I am not rushed to receive it, it's all for fun and the fun can wait - no worries :)

jtucci31

Quote from: NightWolve on 06/21/2015, 07:18 PMSeems his English is good enough to get by most of the time I guess, just not this time.
I honestly think that is a part of the struggle. You can tell when communicating with the people in the shipping department that their English is a little spotty. That doesn't really help my cause.

Oh well, shit is getting sorted out.

mickcris

Quote from: guest on 06/24/2015, 07:11 PM
Quote from: NightWolve on 06/21/2015, 07:18 PMSeems his English is good enough to get by most of the time I guess, just not this time.
I honestly think that is a part of the struggle. You can tell when communicating with the people in the shipping department that their English is a little spotty. That doesn't really help my cause.

Oh well, shit is getting sorted out.
I think that I had read somewhere that he was no longer running the store or really involved in it much.  I know he used to personally reply if you had a question about your order, but i'm pretty sure he delegated that to someone else now.

Pokun

OK just to let everyone know, the rest of the Everdrives seems to have safely arrived in my postbox. We are currently discussing it via PM.

ultrageranium

Hi everyone,

I just posted to Joe the 7 TED, 3 TED+USB and 1 EDGG that were sent to me.

Tracked, insured, everything.

cjameslv

Awesome, things are starting to go in the right direction this morning.

CPTBadAss

Just wanted to say I'm grateful for the updates. Looking forward to playing once everything gets sorted!
Maximum Output. Activate the pit.

Pokun

I took out one with USB and sent the rest of the Everdrives to Jtucci. 7 non-USB and 3 with USB. That should be all of them.

Warbucks

So that is were my TED with USB went...
One day it will make it to my house.

jelloslug

Once everyone get's theirs I will test fit one of my everdrive covers and see how well it fits.

cjameslv

Well lets hope Monday brings us some news!

NightWolve

Did you get the other order from ultra at least, Joe ??

jtucci31

Package number 1 of 2 has been received! I'll be working on these today and tonight and get them shipped out first thing tomorrow.

Thanks to Pokun for your cooperation

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: guest on 07/07/2015, 01:17 PMPackage number 1 of 2 has been received! I'll be working on these today and tonight and get them shipped out first thing tomorrow.

Thanks to Pokun for your cooperation
Could we get a tracking number? Just asking as I might be moving here soon..

jtucci31

I'll get everyone tracking numbers. I'm just going to go down my list that I have. So if you have to wait until the next package for yours to be sent, I'm sorry.

NecroPhile

You can put mine at the end of the list, as I give zero fucks about waiting.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Renmauzo

Quote from: guest on 07/07/2015, 08:54 PMYou can put mine at the end of the list, as I give zero fucks about waiting.
Same here. The wait has forced me to try to beat the few games I have. Whatever makes things easier and keeps people happy :)

Opethian

yea I don't mind waiting toochi!
IMG

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: guest on 07/07/2015, 07:21 PMI'll get everyone tracking numbers. I'm just going to go down my list that I have. So if you have to wait until the next package for yours to be sent, I'm sorry.
That's fine. I really appreciate you doing this for us.

DeshDildo

Ditto on the waiting part.  I have plenty to keep me busy.  I do not need the everdrive immediately.  The impatient Nancy ' s can have theirs first.
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

jtucci31

1st batch of shipments have just been dropped off at the post office. Box 2 has arrived at my house as well, so the last set of shipments will go out tomorrow! We're getting close people!

Also thanks to ultrageranium for your help and cooperation, much appreciated.

Pokun

I'm glad it arrived safely.

Although I already got my Everdrive I had hardly any chance to play around with it. Everything I tested worked with it though.

Renmauzo

I've never used an Everdrive before, are they easy enough to set up? Is there a tutorial out there, and a recommended site for the game d/ls?

NightWolve

WHEW!!! So we're gonna be cool. BTW, will krik cover the re-shipping costs for you, Joe, or did he let you eat that yourself ? Screw up a $1,XXX order like that, he obviously should. Imagine if the receivers weren't honest as well and with him probably not knowing what went where, this could've gone worse....

cjameslv

sirhcman

Quote from: NightWolve on 07/08/2015, 10:18 PMWHEW!!! So we're gonna be cool. BTW, will krik cover the re-shipping costs for you, Joe, or did he let you eat that yourself ? Screw up a $1,XXX order like that, he obviously should. Imagine if the receivers weren't honest as well and with him probably not knowing what went where, this could've gone worse....
I don't want to speak for tucci but he mentioned previously (unless something changed) krikkz n staff left him out to dry on this. I was actually thinking about buying a few more everdrive's for my collection but after seeing the way they treated Joe on this major purchase I have put off buying them.

jtucci31

The rest of them have been shipped out today! I'll PM everyone tracking numbers later today.

In regards to the poor customer service, yeah it blows. I never really asked for any type of compensation or anything. Primarily because I felt like it would have been more of a hassle than it was worth since they didn't seem to really care outright that they had made a mistake with the shipping. I was thinking about writing some sort of letter of complaint to the place, just so that this sort of thing doesn't happen to anyone else and that they don't act so carelessly next time. It is what it is, and we got it all sorted out.

Once again, sorry for the delays. I did my best to ensure you guys wouldn't need to throw more money at this than necessary. I think we did alright in the end :)

elmer

Quote from: guest on 07/09/2015, 03:30 PMThe rest of them have been shipped out today! I'll PM everyone tracking numbers later today.

In regards to the poor customer service, yeah it blows. I never really asked for any type of compensation or anything. Primarily because I felt like it would have been more of a hassle than it was worth since they didn't seem to really care outright that they had made a mistake with the shipping. I was thinking about writing some sort of letter of complaint to the place, just so that this sort of thing doesn't happen to anyone else and that they don't act so carelessly next time. It is what it is, and we got it all sorted out.

Once again, sorry for the delays. I did my best to ensure you guys wouldn't need to throw more money at this than necessary. I think we did alright in the end :)
Thank you, again, for all your hard work in organizing this!  :D

I'm really looking forward to getting to play with the TED2's extra memory.

Pokun

Maybe we should all just mail Krikzz' Everdrive store and complain. He really screwed up and if he doesn't care about a bunch of his customers he shouldn't hope to sell a lot more products in the future to us.

I always argued that the Famicom version Everdrive was better than the NES Powerpak mainly because of the price and the support (Bunnyboy never updates the Powerpak, while Krikzz do update his Everdrives) but I've also seen how his attitude towards customers can be. After this incident, my opinion about him has certainly taken a blow.

Opethian

IMG

NightWolve

Getting mine today if I don't miss the postman after 5-6 pm. He typically leaves a missed-delivery note if nobody is at the door... They don't ever ring the bell and I noticed with my last shipment (a new fish tank filter), he had prewritten the note but because I came out to the door and asked about what I knew was out for delivery, he said he'd go to his truck to go get it... :/ Anyway, good they've all been shipped out and this is almost over with.

SkyeWelse

Hi jtucci31,

I got in the mail today. Thanks very much! It's been fun testing it so far. Started a game in Neutopia II and was able to reload a save game off the card. Next I guess I'll see what this expensive game, Magical Chase is all about. :)

-Thomas

DeshDildo

I received my ED 2 (09) in the mail today as well.  Thanks Tucci!
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

CPTBadAss

IMG

Weeeeeeeee, thanks jtucci and everyone else who helped out!
Maximum Output. Activate the pit.