@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

If you could only play 1 game for the whole summer, what would it be?

Started by Warbucks, 06/15/2015, 10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warbucks

So you can only play 1 game for the rest of the summer.  Which one would you pick?

And no you can't pick a multicart.  ](*,)

NecroPhile

I'd pick something from the pile of RPGs that need clearing.  Maybe Magicoal.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

ClodBusted

Forza 4. I am playing this since the day of its release in 2011, and there are still championships to beat and cars to be purchased through prize money. I think this game won't only fulfill another summer worth of playing, but rather some years.

PunkCryborg

cr8zykuban0

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

xcrement5x

Hmmm, this is a hard one.  If it is just this summer, I would probably say something with a lot of replay-ability.  Maybe like the Mario 3D land game.  In truth it'll probably be DK Tropical Freeze since it's my current freebie on the Wii U.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

BigusSchmuck

wildfruit

Mario 3d world is a good choice.
But if I was locked into one game I'd pick Shenmue.

pulstar

Dragon Quest VII would be a good choice...but it'd probably be Guwange, for this summer at least.
My favourite pigeon had a fatal run-in with a cloud...

CGQuarterly

I'm with Necro.  It would have to be an RPG.  I'm thinking Fallout 3.  I played that game for about an hour and then stopped, so I could milk that bitch for 100+ hours.

Galder

Flare65

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

jtucci31

Yeah I'd go with the RPG answer too. There is the possibility that I finish it early, but if I pick a good one, that may not be the case. Dragon Slayer or a Tengai Makyou game.

These, or a baseball game. Any one for any system. I just enjoy a good baseball game and could easily play an entire season all summer long (which is actually what I'm currently doing).

Gentlegamer

Considering I once did exactly that with Morrowind... Morrowind.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

wildfruit

jtucci31

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 06/15/2015, 05:24 PMConsidering I once did exactly that with Morrowind... Morrowind.
I've always wanted to get into Morrowind. So much about it appeals to me. I've tried a little several times but never gave it much of a chance. Maybe I will soon.

Galder

Quote from: guest on 06/15/2015, 06:45 PM
Quote from: Gentlegamer on 06/15/2015, 05:24 PMConsidering I once did exactly that with Morrowind... Morrowind.
I've always wanted to get into Morrowind. So much about it appeals to me. I've tried a little several times but never gave it much of a chance. Maybe I will soon.
You should, what a game! That would be my next summer's 24/7.

sirhcman

Well I set my sights on beating Battletoads (NES) this year so I guess that is my pick. So far I can make it to Level 11 using warps (turbo tunnel and snake pit warps). Getting close to the end!!

wildfruit

SuperGrafx

Tenchu:  Return from Darkness on the original Xbox.

Tons of content and it's a challenge to get the highest rank on each level variant

HailingTheThings

IMG

wildfruit

TR0N

Quote from: guest on 06/15/2015, 05:20 PMThese, or a baseball game. Any one for any system. I just enjoy a good baseball game and could easily play an entire season all summer long (which is actually what I'm currently doing).
Baseball huh the only baseball game i can get into is baseball stars 2 !!!
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

esteban

Quote from: TR0N on 06/16/2015, 03:29 AM
Quote from: guest on 06/15/2015, 05:20 PMThese, or a baseball game. Any one for any system. I just enjoy a good baseball game and could easily play an entire season all summer long (which is actually what I'm currently doing).
Nahhhh....Baseball Stars (NES) stomps on Baseball Stars 2. :)

I could play that all summer (I did, back in the day).

Creating a team and slowly building them up is so much fun.

Even better if some friends do the same.

OFFICIAL ENTRY: Baseball Stars (NES)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Dicer

Quote from: guest on 06/15/2015, 02:50 PMWORLDS OF WARCRAFTS
Bingo, already got muh tokens, cheap and easy gameplay for my non obey downtime, too broke assed to buy anything else atm....

DeshDildo

Everyone's answer here should be Atlantean.  I need people to start beating my high scores and force me to play it more.
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

Digi.k

Quote from: guest on 06/15/2015, 12:31 PMForza 4. I am playing this since the day of its release in 2011, and there are still championships to beat and cars to be purchased through prize money. I think this game won't only fulfill another summer worth of playing, but rather some years.
I still need to complete that 100% but despite being very solid technically it's the lack of track variety that brings it down.

I might just pick Daichi Kun Crisis :P

EDIT:

If only Hudson Soft put this much effort and dynamism on their power league baseball games!

jtucci31

Ah yes, I've always wanted to try the Neo Geo Baseball Stars games. Maybe I'll finally get myself a NGPC and play them on the go or something.

Esteban: I do have baseball stars on the NES. Kind of forgot I had it. But now I can't wait to play it when I get home! World Class Baseball leaves a bit to be desired, sadly. Still pretty fun though.

VenomMacbeth

This is a tough one, especially since I've been bouncing around on my Everdrive a lot...

...even with my recent stint in Obeying though, I'd still have to go with Thunder Force IV or Metal Black, just because I want to finally get around to 1CC'ing those mugs & for some reason I can really absorb myself in them.

If we're limited to PCE, though, I'd probably have to go with Genji Tsuushin Agedama.  I can almost actually beat this one & something about it makes me turn my brain off & go "YAY!" on the inside.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

bartre

honestly at this point, it might be shenmue.

that, or a toss up between Persona 4 ultimax and Guilty gear xrd

EvilEvoIX

Halo MasterChief Collection and play through all the campaigns on Legendary.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

TR0N

Quote from: guest on 06/16/2015, 06:19 PM
Ah yes, I've always wanted to try the Neo Geo Baseball Stars games. Maybe I'll finally get myself a NGPC and play them on the go or something.

Esteban: I do have baseball stars on the NES. Kind of forgot I had it. But now I can't wait to play it when I get home! World Class Baseball leaves a bit to be desired, sadly. Still pretty fun though.
I have baseball stars 2 for my neo-geo cmvs.Though it's also available on,snk classic vol1 for wii and digitally to plus for PS3 as well.
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: esteban on 06/16/2015, 06:47 AM
Nahhhh....Baseball Stars (NES) stomps on Baseball Stars 2. :)

I could play that all summer (I did, back in the day).

Creating a team and slowly building them up is so much fun.

Even better if some friends do the same.

OFFICIAL ENTRY: Baseball Stars (NES)
BS lie and you know it beside baseball stars 2 has the arcade theme to it.When i want a quick play of baseball,baseball stars 2 for me.
IMG

ClodBusted

Quote from: Digi.k on 06/16/2015, 10:54 AM
Quote from: guest on 06/15/2015, 12:31 PMForza 4. I am playing this since the day of its release in 2011, and there are still championships to beat and cars to be purchased through prize money. I think this game won't only fulfill another summer worth of playing, but rather some years.
I still need to complete that 100% but despite being very solid technically it's the lack of track variety that brings it down.
Agreed, some more fictious tracks apart from all the real world race tracks and their numerous variants would have been nice. As well as rain, snow and night races.
But for what the game does, it does it on an excellent high level. My brother is a car nut that played both the Grand Turismo and Forza series, as well as some other racing sims on PC, and he says he would still prefer Forza 4 amongst all of them.

For myself, well, it is the only racing sim I could ever get used to and even drive without any assists (apart from the rewind feature) now to get maximum credits for won races, since some legendary and high end vehicles are outrageously expensive. Good thing the Xbox 360 controller seems to be well-designed for racing thanks to the left stick's position and the analog trigger's shapes (things I really miss when holding a PS3 controller in my hands). At the moment, I try digging into suspension and tire tuning (apart from just attaching hop-up option parts), as well as doing my own paintjobs for some cars. The tuning opens up a way to get even bullheaded or twitchy cars much more well-behaving.

When playing, I mostly stream music from my laptop's library to the Xbox 360, e.g. listening to Outrun's Splash Wave while driving a Testarossa through the Bernese Alps.

By the way, what's your Xbox Gamertag, so I can add you to my friend's list and compare track times? EDIT: Nevermind, just found you in the gamertag thread.