Salutations and Hello!

Started by EmperorIng, 06/19/2015, 02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmperorIng

Hello everyone.

Word around the web christened this place -the- NEC site to check out. A week ago or so I purchased myself a PCE Duo-R from doujindance, interested in exploring the PC-Engine library. Truth be told, i am far more interested in the CD library than I am in the HuCard library, though I have a few that particularly interested me (Genpei Toumaden Kannoni, Dragon Saber, Ninja Spirit).

I wanted a wide range of titles for the CD, so I have the usual suspects (Valis, Valis III, Exile, Ys1&2), some shmups (Super Darius, Gate of Thunder), and I am dipping my toes into Japanese RPGs to see if there is something to be enjoyed there despite not knowing the language (Xanadu 1, Xak1&2, Auleria). Of that last bit Xak has proven to be a surprisingly fun game, despite its slightly wonky computer origins (come to think of it a lot of the games I listed above were originally from PC).

So I hope to chime in here and there, perhaps argue over whether a game sucks or not, and ask a few technical/repair questions about the Duo-R (since it seems to have some redbook audio issues intermittently - music cutting out).

I'm happy to join and look forward to browsing, lurking, and posting!

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NecroPhile

Welcome aboard!

Quote from: EmperorIng on 06/19/2015, 02:46 AMTruth be told, i am far more interested in the CD library than I am in the HuCard library, though I have a few that particularly interested me (Genpei Toumaden Kannoni Hatris, Dragon Saber, Ninja Spirit).
Fixed.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

EmperorIng

I will thank you for the welcomes but will "no thank you" for Hatris.  8)

I've decided essentially that I'm not all that huge into puzzle games, and the puzzle games I do like are on retro compilations like Taito Legends 1&2 etc. (Qix and Cleopatra Fortune ftw).

It's all about action! And questionably-implemented RPG systems!*

*questionably-implemented RPG systems optional

wildfruit

Welcome. I see you have Ys book 1&2. Go right ahead and get Ys 3 & Ys 4.

Warbucks

Bardoly