OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

RAU-30 to CD-ROM2?

Started by DildoKKKobold, 07/18/2015, 01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DildoKKKobold

IMG

Does this configuration actually work? Would it work with a SuperGrafx? The CD-ROM2+SuperGrafx is a monster, and wouldn't really fit on a shelf. My worry is that the black cord on the side of the RAU-30 will prevent the CD-ROM2 from plugging all the way in. I don't have an RAU-30 to test with, and googling, this is the only picture I could find of a similar configuration.
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

CrackTiger

I thought that the LT had its own (very rare) Super CD-ROM2 adapter?

I've seen pics in the past of people hooking an RAU-30 to a SCD, but can't say for sure if it really worked.

If you're going to use a SGX + SCD anyway, why not just plug them together directly and just spin it 90 degrees? That should take up less space that an RAU-30 connection.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

herr-g

That picture actually includes the rare lt scdrom adapter. so no reasonable option.

CrackTiger

Quote from: herr-g on 07/18/2015, 03:20 PMThat picture actually includes the rare lt scdrom adapter. so no reasonable option.
What's it called? How does it differ from the RAU-30?
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

herr-g

It's the PI-AD18. Looks like a simple extension for the LTs ext bus. Never opened mine though.

CrackTiger

Quote from: herr-g on 07/18/2015, 03:28 PMIt's the PI-AD18. Looks like a simple extension for the LTs ext bus. Never opened mine though.
It'd be interesting to see a side by side photo of the two CD-ROM adapter's ext port connection ends.

herr-g

SignOfZeta

IIRC, the adaptor is just a short pigtail that gets around the problem of the port being blocked.

Btw, sorry to be pedantic, but when the hardware list is as huge as NEC's, I think it's important. All PCE drives are known as CDROM2. The one in the pic is the Super CDROM2.
IMG

herr-g

Quote from: CrackTiger on 07/18/2015, 04:14 PMIt'd be interesting to see a side by side photo of the two CD-ROM adapter's ext port connection ends.
I made some pictures for you. Please see below.

IMG
Side by side comparison RAU-30 (above) vs. PA-AD18 (below)

IMG IMG
Guts of the PI-AD18. As you can see, it's nothing more than an ext. bus extension with additional power  port.

esteban

Quote from: herr-g on 07/18/2015, 05:10 PM
Quote from: CrackTiger on 07/18/2015, 04:14 PMIt'd be interesting to see a side by side photo of the two CD-ROM adapter's ext port connection ends.
I made some pictures for you. Please see below.

IMG
Side by side comparison RAU-30 (above) vs. PA-AD18 (below)

IMG IMG
Guts of the PI-AD18. As you can see, it's nothing more than an ext. bus extension with additional power  port.
Thank you for those photos! Excellent. :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

CrackTiger

Awesome, that's exactly the kind of difference I expected. :D

rcantor77

I'll dig mine out tomorrow and check, but I am sure I have tested this in the past and it worked fine... I also don't think you need the LT Adapter and the RAU-30 connects directly onto the LT.
PC-Engine.co.uk - definitive hardware listing for all PC Engine and Turbo Grafx systems.

rcantor77

Looks like I don't need to...

instagram/1738324_870383446332113_1755613256_n.jpg
PC-Engine.co.uk - definitive hardware listing for all PC Engine and Turbo Grafx systems.